“Delicious” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 170 Restaurants in Truro
Cuisines: Bakery, Dessert, Café
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Takeout, Delivery, Dessert
Description: With sofas upstairs overlooking Truro Cathedral, we offer the best selection of hand made cakes, brownies, cheesecakes, pies, loaf cakes, muffins, flapjacks, caramel shortbread and cookies. And a vast range of coffees, tea, hot chocolate and soft drinks. Open 10am-5pm Mon-Sat
Truro, England, United Kingdom
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

First time visiting The Baking Bird, we were not disappointed, the staff were friendly and helpful and the cakes were to die for, we will be back!

• Visited November 2013

Truro, United Kingdom
“Good but...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

First I'll start with the positives, the decor is lovely, a lot of thought has gone into it. The upstairs is particularly nice with lots of sofas and comfy chairs.

The cakes look very impressive and are nicely presented. The cupcake range in particular is the standout feature. The place and the staff are clean and tidy. I find the way the till and the order area are set out are bit odd but doesn't matter much unless there is a huge queue.

I have been a number of times now and all good experiences. However the last time I went I was a bit disappointed. I'd taken my mother along for her first visit to the Baking Bird, I'd told her how nice it was and was certain she'd love it. After a difficult week we were looking forward to having a coffee and chat.

Unfortunately one staff member ruined this for us. She was very 'moody' about everything and it all seemed a huge effort for her. We got no smile, no eye contact, no thanks, no enjoy your food, nothing. Having worked in a retail environment myself I know what it is like after a long day with awful customers and I cut her some slack - she might've been having an off day. I tried to engage her in light hearted chat but she was not budging, continuing to huff about everything, taking my loyalty card and placing it back on the counter instead of into my open hand. I was hugely unimpressed, both of us left commenting that the place was lovely but the staff member was bordering on insulting.

I did not make a complaint at the time as the staff member seemed to be the only one on duty and I didn't want my head bitten off.

Great place to go if you don't mind the occasional staff moodiness.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Huddersfield
“Just fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Awesome coffee. Even more awesome cakes. Fabulous decor, comfy sofas, funky colour scheme... Can't wait to go back... Shame I'm a 7 hour drive away!

• Visited September 2013
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Such an amazing choice of cake and so scrumptious! Mr wonka would be in heaven. Cannot recommend the chilled environment and delicious cake enough. Fantabulous

Falmouth, United Kingdom
“Lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

cupcakes are perfect as is the rocky road tiffin, everything very reasonably priced, we loved it a lot.