“One of the best meals I've had!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: English
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Illogan, United Kingdom
“One of the best meals I've had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We visited as a family group of six of us on a Friday night. The food was absolutely gorgeous and all of our party really enjoyed what they had. I had scallops, cod and strawberries & cream for dessert, which were all really tasty and presented beautifully. The cod dish was probably one of the best fish dishes I have ever had. Everyones meal options looked great and the wine was lovely. The service was friendly and attentive and generally there was a really good atmosphere. I will definately be coming back and can't wait to try some of the other food on the menu. Definately the best place to eat in Truro by a mile!

Truro, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

My husband & I had a meal here for our 2nd Anniversary and we were not dissapointed. The food was amazing & the attention to detail on the food presentation by Scott was superb. All the staff are very friendly and make you feel welcome.
We would highly recommend eating here, we will certainly be going back.

Visited August 2013
Mevagissey, United Kingdom
“Fantastic lunch experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Found this restaurant via Tripadvisor. We were given a warm welcome from the minute we stepped into the restaurant and this carried on throughout the meal. Service excellent. We went on a hot sunny day and we able to eat in the courtyard. The food - all home cooked - is truly scrumptious - you have to visit - worth every penny! Thanks for a great experience.

Ludlow, United Kingdom
“Superb find.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I was looking for somewhere special for myself and my fiancee to go during our annual trip to Cornwall. After searching the internet for best places to eat, I came across this restaurant on the trip adviser website. After reading recent reviews, we were excited and intrigued at what this restaurant had to offer so decided to book a table. We were not disappointed. From the moment we walked through the door until the moment we left, it was professional, but relaxed; informative without being intrusive; enjoyable and extremely pleasurable. On arrival we told them that I couldn't have anything with alcohol in. The chef was informed but this was not an issue for them as all food is freshly prepared (another thumbs up).

We started with complimentary homemade fresh bread with dipping oils (very good). I had the confit of mackeral (superb); my fiancee had the homemade soup (delicious). I then had the rib eye steak which was by far one of the best steaks I have ever had and my fiancee had the curried chilcken which was lovely. By this point we were quite full but were very tempted by the desserts so asked for a short pause before the next course. This was not a problem and it was nice not to feel rushed out. Our desserts were delicious sharing homemade ice-creams and raspberry and peach sorbet with macroons and raspberries on the side. We eat out regularly at top class, sometimes Michelin Star restaurants and Gravy Boesti is certainly well on it's way to being up there with the best of them. Hope these guys make a success out of this restaurant as they have only been open for a few months, but they certainly don't lack in effort or enthusiasm. We will definitely be returning next time we are in Cornwall.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lifton, England, United Kingdom
“Superb food & excellent value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Discovered this excellent restaurant on Tripadvisor. What a great discovery. Tucked away on a quiet street. Great welcome & fab to see the chefs in action on arrival. Delicious complimentary homemade breads with oil & vinegar. Fab king prawn starters, Caesar salad, followed by supremely tasty pulled pork sliders & grilled cod (never seen such white fish). Followed by outstanding strawberries & cream and banana & peanut parfait. All outstanding & amazingly good value at £15 for 2 courses, £20 for 3. Hope they keep up this standard of tasty, innovative dishes to delight the palette at reasonable prices. Hard to believe they have only been open 3 months but they thoroughly deserve all the excellent reviews & accolades. They made us so welcome, especially our 12 year old son who was fascinated by watching the chefs in action & dearly wanted to go back for dinner! We highly recommend & will definitely return.