“First Class” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hooked

Hooked
Tabernacle Street, Truro TR1 2EJ, England (Formerly Indaba Fish)
+44 1872 274700
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 151 Restaurants in Truro
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood, Tapas
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Doing business, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Original city meeting place has had a dramatic transformation! Our aim is to get you Hooked!Our open plan urban loft style restaurant& bar has an open kitchen which gives us an energetic & unique feel.Hooked on fresh seafood sourced as locally as possible... we even have a Lobster & Crab tank in the restaurant.Hooked on sociable relaxed dining with an extensive tapas menu.Hooked on a professional & friendly serviceEnjoy Hooked for many occasions... a loud crowd gathering, a romantic meal for 2, business luncheon (we also have a private dining area) or just a quick bite before the theatre.Catch us if you can......
Cornwall, England
“First Class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We visited this restaurant recently, prior to visiting the Hall for Cornwall, and choose from their excellent pre-theatre meal, and what an excellent option this is.

You have a choice of starters, 3 mains (fish, meat and veg), and dessert. You can choose from 2 or 3 courses, and these needn't be consistent as my husband choose a starter and I choose a dessert! All of the courses were mouth-wateringly tasty. The service was very good, with friendly staff, meaning we had a nice relaxing, meal before going off to watch our show.

I would certainly do this again, as we only paid £12.95 for the 2-courses and made a lovely evening out.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Faultless”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

We slipped in early doors, choosing from a set theatre menu and from the menu, it's a fish restaurant and I felt a touch silly going for the confit duck after a great fish starter, however it was fantastic. A faultless evening of top food at a great price. Our first choice Truro restaurant !

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Truro
“Nice place but mediocre food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Restaurant is located in a lovely part of Truro. Staff are welcoming although it suffers from not having someone seen to be in overall charge on the floor.

Main gripe is the food. Being a primarily fish restaurant they need to get the basics right. Fish and chips was overcooked. Baked hadoke was bit tough from overcooking. Dessert was a bit of a mishmash of everything.

Sorry. Not as good as Rick Stein fish and chips place on Falmouth seafront. Price OK but not if you are a foodie.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent food, pre theatre menu and a la carte tried by my husband and myself”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Definitely recommend this restaurant. Delicious fish , extremely well cooked, Service excellent--will be returning soon.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Truro, United Kingdom
“disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I must say I was disapponted with the food, and I would like to point out that I am not the best chef ever, or an experienced food critic and I feel like I am not qualified to put the food down, but I expect a restaurant like Indaba to do better than I can cook at home, especially as it's not a cheap place.
I had a goat cheese starter with bruschetta and fig, which was ok, rather a lot of goat cheese compared to a tiny slice of bruschetta and just a slice of fig...nothing special I'm afraid.
For main course I had the seafood linguini which again was nothing special, in fact I found it quite bland. It was supposed to be lime, chilli and coconut, I could just taste the coconut, the two bits of Pac choi and a couple of tiger prawns were lost flavour wise and I left most of it.
The service was very good but I wouldn't eat here again,
I feel bad for saying this as a lot of people love this place, I suppose I am turning into a high maintenance fuss bag.
Sorry Indaba