“Long weekend away” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chycara House

You added Chycara House to your Saves list
Chycara House
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Chyreen Lane | Carnon Downs, Truro TR3 6LG, England   |
Ranked #6 of 38 Truro B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Long weekend away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Having booked Chycara House for bed and breakfast, from the information given on their website, I knew it would be something special, and we weren't disappointed! Everything about our weekend stay there was perfect. The house is absolutely lovely, and beautifully furnished with a mix of the old and the new. Our rooms were extremely comfortable and homely, and breakfast was one of the highlights of the day with plenty of choices! My husband found time to have a swim in the lovely indoor pool where the water was warmer than the Indian ocean at 32 degrees!
Our hosts were lovely and made us feel very welcome.
Having visited in November, waking upto thick white frosts in the mornings, we will definitely return during spring or summer months, and find time to enjoy the beautiful, peaceful grounds.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Hornsea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Chycara is a little out of the way, but well worth the visit, the room we stayed was excellent, so was the residents lounge and the hosts were most helpful and very charming. Worth mentioning the breakfast, excellent in quality and a beautiful laid out table. I strongly recommend this very up market bed and breakfast. It is also worth mentioning that David & Linda recommended the local gastro pub, which was delightful a very warm welcome with really excellent food.

We would like to visit Chycara house again and explore the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Brixham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

What a gem beautifull luxury lodge complete seclusion perfect place to de stress surrounded in woodland lake gardens a complete oasis.
Listening to the owls at night even the wildlife was happy.Every comfort was catered for cannot wait for our next visit.
Linda and Dave were very friendly and welcoming we felt at home straight away.
We certainly will recommend Chycara to our family and friends.
On a very dark wet night we found Chycara straight away

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

High Wycombe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

My daughter and I neeeded somewhere where we could get away and have time to talk,to sleep.to walk, to'be'.This is truly a fabulous environment,tastefully finished,in quiet,serene and picturesque gardens.Dave and Linda are so hospitable and helpful.There is a lovely walk from Chycara,along a disused railway line,to a quayside pub which serves delicious fresh seafood.
We used the pool,jacuzzi and sauna in the evening before we had dinner.
I would definitely recommend this.,especially as a getaway..

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Truly enjoyed staying, the staff are very welcoming and friendly.

The only negative feedback I can give was that it was hard to find, but this was due to my poor planning before hand; however the owner was more than happy to help me find my way by phone.

On arrival it made the search worth while, Chycara House is no normal b&b and I will highly recommend others to visit. Reasonably priced, great service, good facilities, excellent rooms.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Taunton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I stayed here at very short notice for one night only, I was greeted and treated as a long stayer, my room was excellent and clean and comfortable, I was on business so I needed internet access which was not available in the room that I stayed in but was in the lounge, I had a lovely breakfast and then toured the grounds before leaving, I found the whole experience very good and will be re-visiting with my wife to take advantage of all of the facilities and the local walks. Would highly recomend

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Bristol
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

This hotel is located down a narrow country lane surrounded by woods and farmland (so takes some finding) yet only a few miles outside of Truro city centre but this does mean you really need your own transport if you're planning to stay.. The main building, painted terracotta is traditionally furnished in keeping with the house, the overall feel is cosy and comfortable.

The warm welcome with a fresh pot of tea and biscuits in the cosy lounge was a nice start to my stay. My room was fairly small and quite shady due to the hedge outside the window but clean and comfortable with the usual tea/coffee making facilities and free wifi, not much workspace but in fairness most guests are likely to be on holiday rather than business travellers. It was reasonably easy to find my way around the house but a small tour pointing out where things are might be useful. Plenty of DVDs, lots of paperbacks and maps of the local area available for use to help pass the time during your stay. There is a heated pool on site but I didn't use it. A few minor grumbles - the cistern for the toilet in the adjoining room sounded like it was just behind my head and very noisy - couldn't hear the tv when the toilet was flushed. Also, what sounded like the vent for the central heating boiler was below my window - due to the warm weather my windows were wide open so this also was rather noisy but luckily not on for long. This wouldn't stop me from staying again as this is a lovely place to stay but I would try for a different room.

A good selection for breakfast the following morning, freshly cooked and served at a large communal dining table - a nice way to meet other guests.

The house has large informal gardens with seating scattered around but lots of open water (one lake had its own small boat) so small children would need to be closely supervised. There are also two lodges on site, I only noticed one of them tucked away in a corner of the garden.

Overall, a good stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Chycara House? Share your experiences!