OK, let’s clear up the other 'negative' comments that have been written here about this hotel first.
Yes - it is very big, but the hotel is laid out so tastefully with pools and palms, it is a pleasure to walk around the grounds and spend a lot of time in the hotel area.
Yes - it is not cheap, but you really get something special for your money.
Yes - you have to pay extra for the use of a room-safe, but the rate is not that expensive.
Yes - you have to pay extra for fresh orange juice at breakfast, but other machine juices and the cava are for free.
Yes - you have to pay extra to use the spa & main gym facilities, but if you are on a long vacation, take the spa 5-visit and the gym monthly membership offers, for best value.
Yes - the washing machine and tumble dryer facilities are not cheap, but they were well kept.
Yes - the ingredients of the food buffets are not clearly marked, but the staff are eager to help clarify; we had half-board and the food and selections were excellent in all the restaurants, even for us as vegetarians.
Yes - the standard of the nightly live shows varies but the highlights we saw; the Elvis show, El Divo singing group and the acrobat dance team, were top class.
Make no mistake, this hotel is excellent. We stayed for a 3 weeks wellness & sports break in March, and this hotel exceeded our expectations. The outdoor pools and jacuzzi’s were amazing, including one 100m pool and they were all heated. The spa facilities were fantastic and the main gym very modern. The massages in the spa were very professional. The sport offers e.g. tennis, football, aqua-gym, soft-gym, stretching were good fun and well instructed by Jura, Ruben, Pedro, Sophie and Maria. In fact all the staff in the hotel, restaurants and spas were very friendly & helpful.
We were upgraded to a ground-floor pool standard room view on arrival, and the room was large, clean and comfortable, even though the double bed was two single beds pushed together, as is typical for Spain.
The location of the hotel is perfect, on the main boulevard next to the Faro lighthouse.
The beach with the incredible dunes, is less than 200m away and kept very clean.
There is full access to the main towers in the hotels and the view of sunrise and sunset is spectacular.
We are definitely going back to this amazing hotel…..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lopesan Costa Meloneras Resort, Corallium Spa & Casino is situated on the sea front on thesouth part of Gran Canaria, very close to the Dunes of Maspalomas Nature Preserve. It issurrounded by an undeniable natural beauty environment, this spectacular hotel complex offers allthat is needed to enjoy unforgettable holidays, full of restful moments, leisure and fun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Expedia so you can book your Lopesan Costa Meloneras Resort, Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lopesan Costa Meloneras Resort, Spa And Casino
- Lopesan Costa Meloneras Hotel Maspalomas
- Gran Hotel Maspalomas
- Gran Resort Maspalomas
- Costa Meloneras
- Hotel Costa Meloneras
- Gran Hotel Costa Meloneras
- Gran Hotel Lopesan Costa Meloneras
- Gran Costa Meloneras