“paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lopesan Costa Meloneras Resort, Spa & Casino

You added Lopesan Costa Meloneras Resort, Spa & Casino to your Saves list
Lopesan Costa Meloneras Resort, Spa & Casino
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle Mar Mediterraneo 1, 35100 Costa Meloneras, Gran Canaria, Spain   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Costa Meloneras
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
“paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

the hotel is well looked after,and the food is very good,you are close to shops and bars and restaurants and the beach,you have 3 pools in the hotel and the spa they also have a cleaning service in the hotel,which is very cheep.your room is cleaned every day.the entertainment is good in the evening time and the staff are very helpfull,you can go for long walks along the seafront where there is shops and bars and restaurants.this is my second time in the hotel.2012 and 2013.

Room Tip: suites are large and sunny,
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We arrived at our Hotel on the 5th of Sept. our first impressions were we were delighted it looked amazing. We approached the reception area to check in and were greeted by the lovely Irena who was so helpfull, during check in we were offered a lovely cool drink which was most welcome. We laughed when Irena gave us a map to help us find our way around but we did need it. Then the heart stopping moment when we were told that the hotel was fully booked and they could not accomidate our requests, my heart sank I love a sea view as we have to travel some distance at home to see the sea and it is really important to me, however Irena smiled broadly and said I have some very good news for you you have been upgraded to a senior suite free of charge and told us what this would be like, I never heard a word she said such was my excitement,into the lift as fast as we could and off to see our room or should I say rooms , we had a hallway with unit into the lounge diner with large plasma telly leather couch and chairs glass top table, we could walk on to the balcony from here, we went back through a lobby with 3 wardrobes loads of space, into the bathroom built in shower his and her sinks and jacuzzi bath massive fantastic into the bedroom again huge wih two Queen sized beds and another plasma tv . On one ocassion my husband was snoring and I had to crawl across the bed to give him a dig in the ribs ha ha. We could also go on to the balcony from our bedroom. The sea pool view was amazing I would never tire of it, the infinity pool was massive and I loved it loungers were not a problem snacks and drinks available poolside lovely. This hotel is beautifull the food superb with a huge selection of starters main and deserts you can eat outside or inside its beautifull . The staff were so plesant and helpfull on the morning we were leaving several staff said goodbye to us and the restaurant manager came and shook hands with us (I am sure I have not given him his correct title) we thought this was a lovely touch and felt that we were important to the hotel. The night time entertainment was great we noted early evening the children were involved in a little show , thought this was great. The hotel is very wheelchair friendly which is another fantastic touch. Also if you dont wish to stay in the hotel of an evening go out the back gate to a lovely prom walk with plenty of shops and restaurants. If you are going to book this hotel do not hesitate you will have a holiday of a lifetime. The bus station is a right turn out the main gate across the road a litle supermarket pharmacy lots of shops and restaurants we would go there to watch the football. Maspalomas is a quiter area but that is exactly what we wanted visited Puerto Rico it would not be for us. We got out and about and saw alot of the Island by land sea and air it is amazing several climates on one Island, our last day was my husbands birthday so I arranged a helicopter trip if you can do it go for it to see the sand dunes from the air is something else. Another think take the lift to the 8th flower and climb the 50 steps to the top of the building the views well worth the climb. So in conclusion our sincerest thanks to Irena Management and staff of this wonderfull hotel I can not recomend it highly enough and am hoping in the not too distant future to return, to enjoy another week in Paradise. Muchas graias

Room Tip: For us the pool sea view looking out at Maspolamas light house which back in the day cost approx 120...
Birmingham,UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel in excellent location near shops restaurants and bars. Rooms tidy clean and air conditioning. Nice balconies and views. Second visit and will go back again.late checkout and good evening entertainment

• Stayed September 2013
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

< Room >

Asked for a double room on a high floor, when we arrived were shown to a 'family room' with a sofa bed already made up on the lower ground floor (floor -1)! We had to ask 4 times to change room before speaking to someone in guest relations who kept insisting that they were "fully booked"! How can a hotel with over 1000 rooms be fully booked? Eventually, after 2 hours of negotiating a room was suddenly available on the sixth floor, although it was a twin room. We were told we could move to a double room the next day, but had to be at reception between 1 - 2 pm (same as the previous review!!!).

< Swimming pool >

They insist their policy is; you are not allowed to reserve sunbeds by putting your towels on the sunbeds. When we went to the pool on our first day, around 9 am, half the sunbeds had towels with nobody in sight. So, the next day we decided to play the same game and put our towels to reserve 2 sunbeds. When we came back our towels had been removed and a letter had been left to advise us this is not allowed! Another Spanish family had the same thing happen to them! I don't understand how come people from "some countries" in this hotel seem to get away with doing this and seem to get the best spots every day.

< Staff >

The staff in general at the hotel are the rudest we have ever encountered. We have travelled all around the world and have stayed in many hotels. I'm sure you can get a better experience in a $10 hostel backpacking!

The staff in the restaurants are really inattentive and rarely bothered to ask us if we wanted coffee or tea. One of the staff who checks your room number when you arrive into the restaurant is particulary rude, his English is very basic. He never uses please or thank you and barks commands like "follow him", "take it" and never smiles. Although, he is able speak German very well as I heard him being extremely friendly to the next guest!

One afternoon, we came back to the hotel through the back gate, we noticed lots of older people passing through the gate without question. But, when it was our turn to come through we were asked to show our room card! Perhaps as a 30-something inter-racial couple we aren't as trustworthy???

The pool counter staff was very rude, didn't say hello or thank you and never smilled when he gives you your towels!

We asked for our suitcases to be stored in the luggage room as we had a late flight. When we came to collect our suitcases we were presented with a key card and told to get our luggage ourselves!!! We thought maybe because it's late at night, they don't have any staff. As we were coming out of the luggage room the bellboy walked passed us! He didn't even say hello or try to help us - absolutely disgusting!

Most staff at this hotel seem to have a poor level of English. Even at reception I had to explain myself time and time again before I was understood. Surely English should be an important language to be able to communicate with people from all over the world?

The friendliest staff at this hotel are the maids! They are the only people who ever said hello or acknowledged you!

< General atmosphere >

We found this hotel incredibly stuffy and pretencious. I am still in my 30's and I don't feel the need to put on shoes, slacks and a shirt in the evening when I'm on holiday. They have a rule that you must wear trousers (not jeans) and a shirt (long sleeved in one restaurant) if you want to eat in the restaurants in the evening. This is not a suave gentleman's club, it's a hotel for people on holiday wanting to relax.

< Guests >

We found a lot of the guests here (mainly from a particular country very prominent in this hotel) very ill-mannered. We found ourselves being constantly stared at. I thought western Europe was pretty multi-cultural??? I guess not. We were made to feel like an uninvited guest at a party!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
LopesanHotelGroup, General Manager at Lopesan Costa Meloneras Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear guest,

First of all we would like to thank you that you have taking the time to send us your feedback regarding your stay in our resort.
We really apologize that the hotel and our offer didn’t match your expectations.

Our reception department is always doing their utmost to fulfill all the wishes of our guests, always assuming that the wishes are meeting the booked reservation category. Our hotel provides 1136 rooms and suites in total and every guest has the right to change the room within the booked category if he shouldn’t be satisfied with the received room by any reason; always according to the availability. We are working hard to realize all the requests of our guests as good as possible, but unfortunately in your case we haven’t receive any special requests regarding room preferences in advance.

We kindly ask you to contact the hotel directly if you should consider a future holiday in our hotel, for making sure that we can take care of your wishes.

We are very sorry to hear that you didn’t feel comfortable with our other guests, as we are glad to welcome during the year guests from all over Europe and the world.

Hopefully you will visit us again in the future and please do not hesitate to contact our public relations department for any further questions or suggestions.

Best regards,
The Management
uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stayed at this hotel from 29th August -9th September 2013 we stay on second level, room had a view of palm trees, this did not bother us we were not staying in the room all day only for sleeping and showering!!!!, The hotel staff from upper management to the gardeners were friendly and polite, the grounds are large, but easy to navigate around, The food is excellent so much choice, entertainment not bad (they need to sort out sound system) what we loved were the waiters they were smartly dressed at all times of the day, you didn't have to wait long to be severed they were there in a flash!!!,What we did see were pool men removing towels that were left out, and a message left were the towels could be fetched from, brilliant!!!! we had no problem finding a sun lounger.
We will stay again at this hotel, we loved it!!!
clients mainly German and Dutch we had no problems we did make friends, everyone friendly.
It was great not to be sitting with "load mouth drunks" like some hotels I've stayed at, sometimes it makes you ashamed to be English!!!!.
You will love this hotel really you will.
Take care now x

Room Tip: Don't stay in your room enjoy your holiday
Nieuwegein, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

This is really an excellent hotel, in many aspects worthy of 5 stars. Yes, it’s big, it’s actually huge (over 1100 rooms!!), but the many guests more or less diffuse over the vast space. And thanks to a very intelligent (and beautiful!) design the building is never intimidating, on the contrary, it has a very charming and fairytale-like architecture. The rooms (even the standard ones) are spacious and well-equipped (separate bath and shower, bath-robes!) and the staff is friendly, multi-lingual, efficient and very hard-working. The facilities are countless, in the paradise-like and extremely well-maintained tropical garden (one of the most beautiful in any Canarian hotel) are 5 separate swimming-pools (from big to enormous!), and every night there’s live entertainment on the central terrace. The only minor flaw is the size of the two main buffet-restaurants: to accommodate so many guests they unavoidably have to be very big and as a result are somewhat lacking in atmosphere. But you can also eat more romantically outside in the garden. The cooking is excellent: everything home-made and with an enormous choice. But my biggest compliments go to the breakfast: I’ve never experienced, even in any 5 star hotel, such a luscious breakfast-buffet with such choice and variety!! All the afore-mentioned, combined with it’s situation directly at the beginning of the beautiful long beach and the Meloneras boulevard with many restaurants and trendy and up-scale shops, make a stay in this hotel a rare joy.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stayed at this hotel again (second time) from 7th-14th September 2013. Once again, the stay was fantastic with the staff being most helpful and the grounds of the hotel being absolutely spotless. The room was very difficult to find, even with a map, but I put this down simply to the size of the hotel itself and it being quite spread out over a large area. I was staying at the hotel over my birthday and on my birthday itself, the hotel put a complimentary bottle of cava with a note wishing me a happy birthday; this was such a nice and unexpected touch!

The room itself was a good size. The only 1 major gripe I had was that I booked a double room for single use and got a twin for single use. It is often just a case of pushing the 2 single beds together to make a double but the sideboard in between the 2 beds did not pull out meaning I had to sleep in the bed as a single. When I approached the hotel reception over it, they did offer me the chance to look at another room, but I had to hang around until between 1 and 2pm on that day to be able to look at it. As I had plans with other friends staying in other resorts, I told them to just leave it and that I'd make do with the room as it was; this was annoying as it wasn't what I had paid for/booked!

I have booked the Lopesan Villa Del Conde for a break next May and hope that it lives up to expectations. I wouldn't rule out staying at Costa Meloneras Resort again but I would need to think twice after not receiving the room I had paid for.

On the plus side, there were sufficient sunbeds around the various pools and the food I tried there was fantastic.

Room Tip: Be sure to check with the hotel that they have given you what you pay for!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
LopesanHotelGroup, Manager at Lopesan Costa Meloneras Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear guest,

We wish to thank you very much for your review published on Tripadvisor.
It is a pleasure to hear that you mentioned positively the cleanliness of our facilities and our friendly and helpful staff.
Our double rooms have different types of bed, to meet the diverse expectations of our guests.
Our reception staff is delighted to offer a room change, in case a guest is not satisfied with his room.
Their satisfaction is very important for us.

Once again we would like to thank you for your comments and hope to welcome you again at the Lopesan Costa Meloneras.

Best regards
The Management.

Been to Lopesan Costa Meloneras Resort, Spa & Casino? Share your experiences!