This was out first time here, stayed in PRincesa Yaiza in Lanzarote earlier this year, so on a comparison between both, the Yaiza had gorgeous rooms, simple white decor but nicely laid out with nice balcony, not at all impressed with our room here, big room but horrible dark red bathrooms, scrape marks on TV cabinet as its stupidly placed in middle of bedroom so previous guests dragged it around to watch at the table nd while in bed, Yaiza had a nice minibar area with sink, and a teas aid, no teas maid in Lopesan, which is bad for a five star, especially if you lie in. Our balcony here was huge but overlooked a carpark and noisy road....awful.
They could have a tapas restaurant...Yaiza had a yummy tapas restaurant, offered Spanish choice to meals. Staff in Lpesan were lovely except the Ovo restaurant where the staff had poor English and my husband was sent out to change into trousers, Yaiza was much more informal and to be honest when on holiday you should be surely entitled to be more laid back and dress down.
Pools and grounds were beautiful and I liked the no booking loungers straight after breakfast or at 6am as a certain European cohort do! Itmeant people had to relax and enjoy breakfast without rushing.
Prosecco option for breakfast- as in Yaiza- nice
The main hall is impressive but whoever did the interior design....ugh...Yaiza was more aesthetic and relaxing, this place is pink/green/red pained walls and some distasteful cactus paintings....mmmm....
The spa was amazing, best ever, only other small fault was no sandy beach on doorstep like Yaiza. But nice promenade to walk on. Better shopping in this resort vs Playa blanco so if bad weather, this is better all rounder.
Gorgeous restaurants outside of resort are El Churraco and the Sushi Mex. Sushi and champagne sangria cocktail is yummy
Also the Lopesan outside areas are stunning, beautiful plaza and pergola I think the name is are lovely, just pity the decor didn't play out indoors.
Nice to see two resident cats too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lopesan Costa Meloneras Resort, Corallium Spa & Casino is situated on the sea front on thesouth part of Gran Canaria, very close to the Dunes of Maspalomas Nature Preserve. It issurrounded by an undeniable natural beauty environment, this spectacular hotel complex offers allthat is needed to enjoy unforgettable holidays, full of restful moments, leisure and fun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Expedia so you can book your Lopesan Costa Meloneras Resort, Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lopesan Costa Meloneras Resort, Spa And Casino
- Lopesan Costa Meloneras Hotel Maspalomas
- Gran Hotel Maspalomas
- Gran Resort Maspalomas
- Costa Meloneras
- Hotel Costa Meloneras
- Gran Hotel Costa Meloneras
- Gran Hotel Lopesan Costa Meloneras
- Gran Costa Meloneras