Walked through the hotel grounds last year so decided to give this hotel a try this year.
Certainly well placed in the resort; near the shops and a short walk to the beach at Maspalomas.
Very friendly and attentive staff. Class cava on arrival and cases taken to room. We had read that the higher the room the better so heart sank as allocated a room on the ground floor (-1). But, this was not a problem; in fact our ground floor room, with a patio and not a balcony as the rooms above, was larger. Had a view of lawn, gardens and tennis courts but it was secluded and location was absolutely fine. The room however was a bit dated and a tad gloomy but the bed was fine and comfy. Room safe extra. Bathroom excellent with bath and separate shower and all kept spotless by housekeeping.
The hotel is divided into 7 patios. Ours was a 3 to 4 minute walk from the reception / restaurants but is was great to get away from the crowds in the central area.
The food: breakfast was very good, all the usual fare. Had to wait to be seated outside but went slightly later (9.30) to avoid the main rush. Were half board and the evening self service (except for drinks, orders to the waiter) had a theme each night (Italian; oriental; canarian) and there was still the staples too. Overall quite impressed but did get a bit repetitive by day 7. But after a meal, why no coffee? and finished service at 9.30pm. If a longer stay would have visited the other three restaurants and taken advantage of their offer of 15 euro extra per person if HB.
Pools: a number of pools, all very clean with showers dotted around. Often difficult to find a sunbed that was actually in the sun so most days went to the fabulous beach, which is now sandy again after last years erosion. (The hotel has my pet hate, a false beach of gravel, but that's just personal taste I suppose).
Hotel gyms are a bit hit and miss. This one was fine except no tread mill; only rower and cross trainer for aerobic. Always plenty of towels.
Evening entertainment; not our thing but from what we did see quite good. The one night we decided to go to the brasserie/disco it was closed (probably because Sunday but nothing to say it would be closed).
Would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lopesan Costa Meloneras Resort, Corallium Spa & Casino is situated on the sea front on thesouth part of Gran Canaria, very close to the Dunes of Maspalomas Nature Preserve. It issurrounded by an undeniable natural beauty environment, this spectacular hotel complex offers allthat is needed to enjoy unforgettable holidays, full of restful moments, leisure and fun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Expedia so you can book your Lopesan Costa Meloneras Resort, Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lopesan Costa Meloneras Resort, Spa And Casino
- Lopesan Costa Meloneras Hotel Maspalomas
- Gran Hotel Maspalomas
- Gran Resort Maspalomas
- Costa Meloneras
- Hotel Costa Meloneras
- Gran Hotel Costa Meloneras
- Gran Hotel Lopesan Costa Meloneras
- Gran Costa Meloneras