“Room 1075. 2 children of 2yrs and 4 months.Great hotel overall a few down sides...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lopesan Baobab Resort

Save Saved
You added Lopesan Baobab Resort to your Saves list
Lopesan Baobab Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Mar Adriatico, 1, 35100 Costa Meloneras, Gran Canaria, Spain   |
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Costa Meloneras
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

When we first saw the hotel it definitely has the WOW factor amazing architecture and in a nice upmarket area.

Upon arrival most guests receive champagne. However, we didn't.

Several pools some heated some not, several restaurants to Include 2 buffet but both Serve the same food. Food in the buffet was great couldn't fault accept food could be slightly hotter.

Rooms- fantastic and great for family's only down side is the mini bar should be out of reach as our toddler has helped him self and Smashed a glass bottle on the floor!! Rooms are definitely 4-5 star quality very clean and tidy. Tv no English channels apart from news! Very disappointing for a 5 star.

Food- excellent variety compared to what we had at previous all inclusive. Breakfast is definitely the best for us. Haven't tried the Carte restaurants.
Food by the pool varied depending on what pool you were located at. When we visited a different pool and ordered food we couldn't get the same!!??
Room service- in one work terrible! Food was cold, not a great variety and what we ordered both times was wrong!

Location- short walk to promenade of designer shops and supermarkets restaurants. Ideal location for people who like designer wear and nice variety of restaurants.

Pools- kids pool, heated with slides... However, would be better If both entrances had a swing style gate that shut automatically as kept having to chase our son around... Pool at the top end which was also heated definitely was an ideal location for sun bathing and a warmer pool.

Staff- some we're fantastic and extremely helpful. A couple not.

Generally I Would rate this hotel a 4 star. Would recommend to family's. would visit again maybe when children are older and would not offer room service again!

• Stayed January 2013

2,231 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (445)
  • Polish first
Epping, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

If like me you want style and good service even when you have a child then look no further , not at all stuffy as is this chain other hotels its perfect . Great staff, great pools , bars, food , rooms and the people that go there seem to be of a similar sort , we had a young 7 month with us never felt out of place as there was loads of families all who enjoyed the nice things in life , it's probaly the best hotel I've ever been to if like us you gave a little one , the only compliant if I'm fussy is the room s could do with some better sound proofing. We had a family room which was great 2 double beds and a sofa bed another thing they could do to is some British tv or pay per view films in rooms then it would be perfect for the £ it's quality

• Stayed January 2013
South West
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Proper 5* treatment, you really do get what you pay for here. When we got there we knew we had 'arrived' as we enjoyed welcome drinks whilst we were seamlessly checked in and advised of the facilities. We didn't have to carry our luggage as it was taken at the entrance when we arrived and brought to the room within minutes of us opening up. The food was superb- top-dollar nosh such as smoked salmon, caviar, freshly cooked steak made regular appearances, and there was a huge variety catering for even the fusiest of children. Evening entertainment was of a very high quality, a highlight being the 'Lion King' & 'Pavarotti and Friends' of whom 'Pavarotti' and the soprano really had opera singer quality voices. The house band Raffiki also worked tirelessly each night both before and after the main acts and even got us onto our two left feet dancing, much to the children's embarrassment! A problem with the TV when we first arrived was quickly sorted, and yes there were no non-news English channels but who escapes the UK to the beautifully warm Canaries with their wall to wall sunshine to sit in the room watching TV??? Not us! Oh, and we even found watching the big turtle who lived in one of the fish-ponds on the way to our room good fun. The pools and sunbathing areas were great- the pool right outside the room was lovely and warm in the late afternoon as the sun went down, and it was a shame that swimming officially stopped at 1800hrs (which was flexed somewhat outside our room!!!). The surrounding locality is a very high quality area of expensive hotels and shops, and the best beach and sand dunes a short walk away were a big draw too.

Room Tip: 0120 was excellent for the family of 5 as it was on ground floor with 2 large doubles and a sofa bed...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
West Midlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

This is the first time I have gone Half board to a hotel abroad before, we normally go self catering but chose to do so as we were spending New Year here and wasn't disappointed.
On arriving at the Lopesan Baobab it is certainly has a stunning entrance, my 7 year old son was very impressed.
Reception checked us in quickly and were very friendly and helpful and we asked for a quiet room and got one, room 2139 which overlooked the quiet side road. Found the room a little dark and was very cold as it got no sun on it at all, we had to ask for extra quilts as we were frozen in bed.
Thats one fault I did find with the hotel as it was so open it sometimes felt like a wind tunnel seems very open to the element. The Richard burton bar was lovely but also very draughty to sit in. I wish I had took a thicker jacket.
Going back to the room, the shower was amazing best one I have ever been in, the wet room is a joy but I did notice some of the wood panelling is going mouldy which will be a problem in years to come if they don't sort it as the courtesy room we used had same problem.
Bed were comfy and the sofa bed my son slept in. Tv wasn't great if you fancied watching an english channel only news channels.....boring but a few people have commented on this.
Cleaners came into rooms everyday and left it spotless lovely service. It was my birthday while we were there and I had a note from management wishing me a Happy Birthday and some chocolates which I thought was a lovely touch.
We had the New year gala dinner which was fabulous well organised and free drinks while you ate. Then after we went up to a big conference room on the top floor with large glass windows either side to see the new year in
,we were given party bags on way in and were able to watch all the fireworks going off on the island, amazing views. Fantastic way to spend new year would defiantly recommend it.
The buffet food was good, 2 restaurants to choose from. I could not fault food yes sometimes some of it was lukewarm and I don't,t like it that you don,t all seem to sit down together to eat as having a 7 year old one of us had to help him getting his dinner, but thats just a personal thing. Lots of varied food, steaks and others meats and fish cooked fresh in front of you. Breakfast was brilliant everything you could want, my husband enjoyed a cheeky bucks fizz for breakfast too.
The pools are plentiful but sometimes a problem to get a sun bed in the sun as alot of them are in the shade and you still get people reserving them, twice we had to contend with 2 lots of rude German holiday makers hogging the beds. We tended to use the 2 pools at the front by the swim up rooms they were quieter, not so windy there and the one pool with the palms in middle was warmer than all the others. The other pools were too cold to swim in really.
The resort melonores is nice plenty of shops to look around and a few nice bars, however I do prefer the resort of Puerto Morgan hands down as have stayed there twice before, we went there for the day and it was considerably warmer than maspalomas.
Overall this hotel is one of the best I have stayed in for service, cleanness, decor, reasonable drink prices. My only gripes was the hotel seemed cold, I know it was December but seems more windy inside it than outside and the rooms were a little too dark with the lighting.
I would highly recommend this hotel to stay in over the christmas and new year period just take some warm clothes with you.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking lazy river and two pools on front look warmer rooms as get the sun on them and al...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Leidschendam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I would like to recommend this hotel to everyone. I would like to thank all staff working in this hotel. Very plesant people, speaking very good English. The service is excellent and helpfull. Everything you need is done in 5 minutes. The hotel has its own character. It includes several buildings connected to each other. Hotel has several swimming pools, so you can always choose where you feel more comfortable. It is higly recommended for families with children. There are many activities organised for children. Hotel has several bars and restaurants where the food is excellent and various. In the morning charming staff is proposing you the glas of champagne and delicious fresh food. In the evening - enormous quantity of food (buffet). I should say too that the evening entertainments are very spectaculous and presented by professional artists and singers. About location. Hotel is situated very close to the Promenade, shopping center, Casino, Ocean. You can enjoy the evenings walking around. There many different kind of restaurants. You can find expensive or acceptable prices. If you want to see the island, you can use buse or rent a car which cost approximately 30 Euro per day. There are many things to visit. Moreover, there are many golf fields and if you like extreme sport, there is no far from the hotel the drop zone. If you like paragliding, this is good place to go. If you like to spend your day at spa, you can go to other hotel (which is located in front of Baobab hotel), pay 35 Euro and enjoy. Will, for sure, come back to this place.

Room Tip: I cant recommend to choose a good room, because we had a room on the first floor with a view to the...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel, staff excellent. The food was fabulous. The pool area was lovely and clean although water cold, it is winter though. Only one bug bare too many children. Would have been nice to have a area in restaurant for adults only.i understand not the hotels fault . Also smoking should be a designated area and not all the outside space because I felt that I couldn't escape the smoke. All in all a great holiday.

Stayed December 2012
Alcudia, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Strangely second visit for ten days and they put us in the same room. No complaints. Had a nice stay weather better in December 2012 than January 2012. My feelings about the hotel are pretty much the same. The same issues, wifi, balustrade, safe, television, mirror could be improved on
but the management choose to ignore them which is a shame. My main problem is the wifi, even the paid variety is just not good enough. This must be improved. Lack of UK television channels is not a big problem for me, but why? Other than that everything was perfect. Staff excel in many ways. Food always interesting. Rooms are kept spotlessly clean, and that bathroom is fantastic, especially the power shower. Two small complaints this time. No more turndown? Christmas carols, non stop was much too much. Other than that I expect we will be back. Many thanks again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Lopesan Baobab Resort? Share your experiences!