Overall we had a great holiday at this resort and as many people have said before, it is mainly down to the fantastic staff, as well as the beautiful surroundings and great facilities:
Best bits about the hotel:
- The Ocean Suite experience: the brochure in no way does justice to the incredible Ocean Suites in the hotel's spa. We booked the suite for an hour at 6pm for the sunset and it was magical and romantic. We had total privacy to look out from a lovely warm jacuzzi and watch the sun set over the sea, then you could order food and drinks to lie on sun loungers and watch the waves from inside as it got darker.
- Facilities: tennis courts can be booked for next to nothing at short notice and include use of rackets and tennis balls, there is a different swimming pool seemingly at every turn of the hotel, there is an amazing outdoor rooftop cinema down the road as well as an arcade with pool tables, plenty of restaurants and a couple of bars. There is also some serious high-end shopping for the fashion-concious.
Aesthetics: our hotel was lit up in several colours so it looked like St Basil's Cathedral as we approached it for the first time on the evening of our arrival. The cathedral-like vaulted ceilings of the hotel were breathtaking. Also every window appears to have been designed to capture a different postcard view. The large terraced bar where we sat to read our books during the day had beautiful sea views.
Staff: The employees of the hotel make it what it is, from the receptionist through to the cleaning lady, everyone was charming and eager to help.
Just a couple of things which might have improved our stay:
- on the occasional evening when we wanted to stay in to watch a film or something entertaining, we note that although there are plentiful tv channels in Spanish and German, the only English-speaking channels were news-related
- we would probably book a sea view rather than garden view room in future
- a wider selection in the room service menu
Other than that, a great hotel where we hope to enjoy some more winter sun next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lopesan Villa del Conde Resort & Thalasso is excellently situated on the sea front on the south part of Gran Canaria, very close to Meloneras beach (300m) and just a few minutes on foot to the lighthouse and the dunes of Maspalomas Nature Preserve (800m). The 56,340m2, 5 star hotel construction reflects some of the most common characteristics from the canary Island traditional architecture and presents a similar structure to that of a welcoming town on the island, with a central square, gardens and charming stately homes with hanging wooden balconies. The spectacular reception is an authentic adaptation of one of the oldest churches on Gran Canaria, with two maintowers, a bell tower and central dome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Venere, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Lopesan Villa Del Conde Resort And Thalasso reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lopesan Villa Del Conde Resort And Thalasso Hotel Maspalomas