“A place to have rest, fun and enjoy life” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lopesan Villa Del Conde Resort And Thalasso

You added Lopesan Villa Del Conde Resort And Thalasso to your Saves list
Lopesan Villa Del Conde Resort And Thalasso
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Mar Mediterraneo, 7, 35100 Costa Meloneras, Gran Canaria, Spain   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Costa Meloneras
“A place to have rest, fun and enjoy life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

I was looking for a place to relax but to have a chance to be with people when I choose to. This prooved to be a prefect destination. People is nice, friendly and the entertainment, sport activities and shows will not let you remember the word "boredom". The qualities of the performances could be better though but I know that this is not a show for a public with high expectations. The personnel is of a higher level, they take care of the status of their hotel and freedom and joy of their guests! Thalasso experience is reeeaally wonderful! Treat yourself with nice massages, facials and you will be renewed with your body and soul. The animation team is nice, very positive. If you like to get involved into sports this is also a good destination for you. Yoga and pilates classes proved to be effective even for men :-) thank you and hope to come back soon

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
LopesanHotelGroup, Public Relations Manager at Lopesan Villa Del Conde Resort And Thalasso, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear guest,

First of all we woudl like to send you our best wishes for 2013.

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel and also for the nice words you wrote on Tripadvisor.
We forwarded your comments to all the department managers and they also want to thank you for the commendation. Regarding your comment about the shows , we would inform you that we have taken note in order to improve in this point.

We hope to welcome you back here soon and stay at your disposal for anything you might need

With kind regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Polish first
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Loved this hotel we had stayed at the sister hotel a couple of years ago and always wanted to go back and stay in the Villa Del Conde. We were not disappointed. The service was great our room wasn't ready when we arrived so we had to wait for about an hour. This wasn't an issue as the reception is beautiful and we had a complementary cocktail. Out room was lovely and located near the quiet pool. As an apology the hotel sent a basket of hand made chocolates which was such a nice touch. There were two sittings for dinner which we thought might be an issue but the staff handle this so well. The food was amazing you could find everything you could imagine there. All in all a fab hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
LopesanHotelGroup, Public Relations Manager at Lopesan Villa Del Conde Resort And Thalasso, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to express our sincerest gratitude that you have chosen our hotel and also for sharing your opinion with other travelers on the website Trip Advisor.

We are very happy to know that you had such a good time with us and we are especially glad about your positive valuation.

Once more, we wish to thank you for your feedback and would be delighted to welcome you back at our hotel.
Best Regards
Public Relations Manager
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

It's my first Holliday at this southern Gran Canaria resort in two years; following stone hard career challenges and also a new family situation. I stayed from the 14th - 21st December 2012 with My Travel Northern Europe as my agent. And boy did I have a relaxing and fantastic time. You can read all the details in other comments;

But number one; the staff at the hotel. Most of them staying there since last time I visited in 2010. Doing their outmost to make your Holliday special. Big respect! and the new ones, trained and treated as part of the family.

Number two; big improvement in food standards, especially in Alpendre pool/lunch restaurant. A lot more attention to detail and quality. This was now to prefer rather then the Faro Promenade or Oasis for lunch. Big improvement!

Thirdly; new flat screens in the rooms with more channels. And also you could pod in your own music, even in the bath. Great!

If one should have one negative thing to put, on one such fantastic resort, it is that one could wish that the Internet was treated like a fresh resource as the orange juice at breakfast! In 2012 one expects faultless connections throughout the resort, and especially being charged 40 euro for the week. Maybe we are too spoiled here in Northern Europe? And it gave you the chance to have some time off the work, Facebook and rest of the world.

It doesn't however take away the fantastic and professional treatment I've been given. One point as well, many of the guest are returning. So even as (almost) single this time, I had a great networking with other guests and staff!

Good job! Till february 2013!

Room tip, stay away from reception-close areas if you love to sleep slightly longer then till 7am, there seem to be a trolley departing or landing every minute. And the housekeepers voices are loud and Spanish! Not the thing you want after a late night taking advantage of this wonderful hotels facilities...

But yet again, all the respect!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Limerick, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I visited this hotel with my girlfriend and the week could not have gone better. The facilities here are of a very high standard. The hotel staff are very helpful and the hotel itself is breathtaking. Great Stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

It's very simple, once you have been to this hotel there is no way you can go back to this island for anything less. At our arrival were greeted by what can only be described as highly trained extremely professional staff.
We had reserved one of the Deluxe View double rooms at quite a premium since we like the little bit of "extra" during our holidays. Our first happy surprise was then that we got an immediate upgrade to a junior suite with ocean view.
Our suite was huge, quiet and tastefully furnished, but if there is one tiny drawback I may mention then I think that housekeeping could excel even more, and could possibly work closer together with hotel maintenance.
The cleaning staff does not appear to carry vacuum cleaners and the carpet in our suite had not been vacuumed for some time. Also, a light bulb was broken in our living room, and while I should have called maintenance, it only really bothered me late in the evening - and too much at that.
But please don't get me wrong for the rest the room was wonderfully, and cleaned spotlessly!

The breakfast at the Villa del Conde is fit for kings. We have seen our share of 5 star hotels with their breakfast buffets, and we have enjoyed most of them, but quality and choice of what we found was exemplary and can serve as an example.

There is one complaint which is not related to the hotel but its guests... which are predominantly German, some of which have attained a level of arrogance and unfriendliness that made us shudder.

Is there any reason to not go to this hotel? I don't think so. If we ever come back to Gran Canaria, there is only one choice for us, really.

Room Tip: Junior Suites are fun! :-)
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ascot
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I can't add much more to what has already been said. My husband and I are seasoned travellors and weren't expecting much at such a large resort but were pleasantly surprised. We stayed in Bldg G with an ocean view which was lovely. As others have mentioned, sound carries like you wouldn't believe over all the stone and tile so bring ear plugs. Although the WIFI didn't not work well, we thought this was a bonus. It prevented us from trying to do any work on the side! The hotel was very persistant in helping me get good Gluten Free meals. I would speak to the head waiter each day about the next days food and they would make sure it was GF for me. I ate lunch in Alpendre many days and was not disappointed once. Although we felt the Italian restaurant was a big dark, my GF pasta dish was excellent. We were on B & B so we never went to the dinner buffet but found breakfasts to be very good (and with at least some GF items provided once I asked). If you are looking for a wild night life, go elsewhere. There was some evening singers/acts but quite mellow. All in all, would recommend and hope to return.

Room Tip: Ocean view is worth it. Otherwise you may be facing the inner gardens and pools which would make it...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We spent a two week Winter Break at the Lopesan on a half board basis. It is wonderful to see the hotels in Gran Canaria at last providing some real five star service. Before continuing I would like to get my few complaints in:
1. Internet access is absolutely awful both the free access and the in-room paid access. I believe the problem is the provider and not the hotel but nevertheless if, like me, you must have daily internet access, this will be a problem for you.
2. The buffet was massive and varied and the food of a very high quality but like most buffets, apart from any piece of meat cooked on front of you I didn't eat anything warmer than tepid in the two weeks. The hot lamps meant to keep food hot are useless. It was particularly noticeable at breakfast. I felt they also could have made more of the food themes each night other than just a little note at the entrance.
3. The El Patio Italian restaurant was so dark the menu (especially in English) was unreadable, the service clumsy and the food quality was no better than the buffet so not worth the extra payment to eat here. I suppose it felt worse as the rest of the hotel was so good.

Now with that off my chest, the hotel is spotless, the staff excellent and helpful, the general food quality (apart from the above comments) was excellent and the place ran like clockwork. I had a sea view room (though you had to peer through the trees to see it) and it was spacious with a large bathroom, dressing room, separate sleep and living area and a balcony which was three quarters under cover and one quarter outside (ideal for shading the sun or sheltering from the breeze).
As mentioned above we upgraded to the "Gourmet package" three times. The extra payment allowed us to use the two á la carte restaurants on two nights of our choice. "Ova" was exceptional in both the food quality and service but also the atmosphere and the best food I have eaten in the Canary Islands. We ate here four times, trying the Itallian for a second time after an initial poor meal. Though it was slightly better I still couldn't see why I would pay more for it.
The pool area is quite a distance away through the open plaza area, across a patio, down a winding ramp, through an open archway and then you were at the beginning so it's a bit annoying if you forget your sunscreen and have to go back for it. It is, however, spacious, clean and there are lots of beds and it looks out to sea over the promenade and also has access through a secure gate.
This may sound like a gripey review, far from it, I will definitely be back here again. The few things I complained about could easily be put right and within all that, the hotel is absolutely terrific and I have no qualms in recommending it as this as close as I have seen at a European resort to the wonderful Asian hotels.
I must just take a moment to comment on the efficiency of the staff from reception, to cleaning staff and management. Everyone smiled, passed the time of day and responded if you needed something. A credit to the hotel.
I look forward to my return.

Room Tip: Sea view is worth the extra as some rooms look inwards
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Lopesan Villa Del Conde Resort And Thalasso? Share your experiences!