I attended a friend's wedding at the hotel last weekend with my sister. We had a beautiful double bedroom with a gorgeous ocean view.
The welcome was very friendly and we were greeted with a glass of cava. Everyone was exceptionally pleasant and well-mannered.
The lobby of the hotel is in what must have been a cathedral and is painted in a shiny dark stucco which felt a bit gloomy to me and the furniture and decor were not to my liking.
Our room was lovely with a spacious bathroom (although there was always a smell of mildew).
We had a walk-in closet which we loved, a flat screen tv and sofa bed. The decor, again, was not what I expected of a five star.
The rest of the hotel is like a little village with restaurants, bars and little shops and was extremely pleasant. There are several large pools and access to the ocean.
The spa is AMAZING and an absolute must-do.
The restaurants and buffet breakfast were very good except for the restaurant by the pool which we had lunch in twice and the food was just not to our liking.
The Italian restaurant in the main square was delicious.
Overall, we had a great & relaxing stay. I don't think I would be back mainly because I was only there for a friend's wedding and Gran Canaria is not really my style (nothing to do with the hotel!)
The only things that could have been improved during our stay were:
1. Beach Towels- When we arrived in the afternoon we headed for the pool but were told that the beach towel hut was shut from 12-3 pm. We went to the front desk to see if we could get some towels and they informed us that there were beach towels in our room.
There is nothing wrong with that per se but this being a five star hotel I expected them to say that while there were towels in our room they would get some for us so we didn't have to go all the way back to our room and be inconvenienced again.
2. The other thing was that when we got back from our friend's party at 1 am and were quite hungry we were told there was no room service after midnight. I think room service should be available 24/7 in a five star hotel and that they should go out of their way to accommodate your every need. To me, that is the true meaning of luxury.
Apart from these minor problems I have to admit that we had an excellent stay and would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a relaxing holiday in the sun.
- Also Known As:
- Lopesan Villa Del Conde Resort And Thalasso Hotel Maspalomas
- Lopesan Villa Del Conde Resort And Thalasso Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lopesan Villa del Conde Resort & Thalasso is excellently situated on the sea front on the south part of Gran Canaria, very close to Meloneras beach (300m) and just a few minutes on foot to the lighthouse and the dunes of Maspalomas Nature Preserve (800m). The 56,340m2, 5 star hotel construction reflects some of the most common characteristics from the canary Island traditional architecture and presents a similar structure to that of a welcoming town on the island, with a central square, gardens and charming stately homes with hanging wooden balconies. The spectacular reception is an authentic adaptation of one of the oldest churches on Gran Canaria, with two maintowers, a bell tower and central dome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Lopesan Villa Del Conde Resort And Thalasso reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.