“Just heat and serve” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Fergus Ontario Canada
“Just heat and serve”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We stopped here for lunch on the way home a couple weeks ago. Restaurant seemed busy when we got there at noon on a Sunday, ...but was just clearing out.

We sat for quite a long while and then we were finally offered either breakfast or lunch menu, ...and we chose lunch.

I ordered a burger and fries, my friend ordered fish and chips. We split a small appetizer sampler. Everything we ordered was from the freezer... nothing homemade.

The appetizer was brought on some kind of weird tree with a paper cone and served with ranch dressing for dip. At this point we had no utensils or side plate, ...and the food was quite hot.

The next time we saw the waitress she had our main courses. When asked about utensils then, ... she growled that they were coming! Before we were finished our meal, ... we noticed our waitress was half changed and ready to end her shift. She did hang around to see if we would tip her. We did tip a bit but probably should not have since the service was terrible.

Unfortunately everything we ordered was from a frozen box and then deep fried. At least it was all served hot (from the deep fryer) except the burger which was the Costco style claw burger on a stale bun. Everything unimaginatively warmed up, ...just heat and serve. Even the burger condiments seemed tired!

I guess the breakfast must be better than the lunch because the restaurant seemed busy when we first got there, but was almost empty by the time we left. . IF we were to ever stop again, ... I would not even bother with the lunch, ...but I might try the breakfast.

There are not any choices in a town this small, ... so I wonder if they were a bit busy only because they are the only place to go in town? A captive audience that will accept poor quality food because they do not want to go home and cook after church?

I certainly would not rush back to try anything else here.

• Visited February 2013