“Couldn't Recommend It!” 2 of 5 stars

East Grinstead, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
“Couldn't Recommend It!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

We went yesterday to Fanny's - really trying it out for our daughter who had been thinking of meeting a friend there. We had been a few years ago and thought it was rather scruffy. It has been tidied up a bit but not much. The garden is lovely but we saw a dog get up on a chair and lick the butter on a table after the people had left! We went inside and discovered that you now have to queue up and order your tea. Somehow we were made to feel that we were a bit of a nuisance actually wanting something to eat. When our scones came I have to say they were delicious - I don't think I have ever had better. I heard the people on the next table say 'Don't use the loo unless you are desperate!'. So we didn't even look! How can they put on weddings when the only loo is terrible? We couldn't recommend it to our daughter and her friend - they would have been horrified!

Visited August 2014

“Awfully big disappointment.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

HORRIBLE experience at Fannys Farm. I saw Fanny herself, on several occasions, sighing and rolling her eyes whenever a customer tried to make a conversation with her. The staff at the Farm seem to think they're above everyone else - I tried to ask Fanny a question about the farm and she completely ignored me! The farm itself is lovely, if you can ignore the stupendously over priced so called 'home made' cakes and jams that are on sale. When we entered the cafe after a rather boring traipse around the farm and sat down at a table, we looked down into the sugar bowl and saw at least 5 WASPS there! Not only disgusting but a big health and safety risk. Finally, Fanny and other staff members seem to find children to be a nuisance which is a extreme downfall of the place. Would not send my worst enemy to this place - a real shame.

Visited August 2014
Crawley, United Kingdom
“Wonderful place to visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I ignored the negative reviews, and went with my friend who highly recommended this lovely, quirky, delightful place, with equally wonderful food. I have taken others for a visit, and they have all been as enthralled as i was the first time, and still am, at every visit. Don't take anyone else's word, just chance a visit, and I hope you will find it as enchanting as I do.

Visited June 2014
Redhill, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“Final straw for this local - never to return”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I've visited Fannys a few times over the 5 years i've lived in Redhill, and i'm afraid to say that i've now had enough and won't be returning.
We've eaten there in the past and have been somewhat underwhelmed, so decided just to use it as a farm shop, but after my last experience that won't be happening again.
We pop in on a Sunday afternoon around 2pm ish, and firstly the car park was absolute chaos, i know there can't be lines on rural car parks, but does there really need to be a entire villages worth of recycling bins in the car park? The side of the car park drops into the vegetable patch, making the edge very precarious if you park along it.
Upon making our way into the shop, i was really disappointed with the quality and choice of the produce. Everything was wilted (and yes it was a hot day but surely keeping things out of the sun might help?), it all looked a bit ropey. In all honesty the veg stall at Redhill market has better quality stuff at 5pm after its been in the sun all day. I was after some grapes but to no avail, when i asked i got told 'we only sell our own produce'... Err Yeah Right, thats why you sell Secretts Salad Bags, and Isle of Wight Garlic Farm Tomatoes. I settled for a couple of banana's and a bit of brocolli.
I then started my quest for Local Honey, well if a independant farm shop can't have local honey, who can? Anyway again i asked, and got pointed to the honey on the shelves.... from Hassocks in East Sussex. 2 Counties Over. Or there was New Zealand honey. Neither particularly local.
My husband was eyeing the cakes, but when he went over to take the cover off one batch, a load of flies wizzed out of it. They were also in direct sunlight right next to the window. I feel sorry for the people who had already helped themselves, they were standing in the queue and you could see they weren't a 100% sure that they really wanted what they had served themselves.
Finally we could hear 'Fanny Jnr' being beligerant to customers, and i just realised that she's learnt well from her mother. Yes some people in trendy London restaurants like the novelty of bad service, but downright rudeness is not welcome.
You can rest assured that if i want to go to a farm shop, i'll choose Priory in Nutfield next time. Their cafe is cheaper and better, and their farm shop actually is a proper shop, not a shed in someones garden.
Oh and a footnote about the brocolli - when we steamed it in the microwave i'd started to serve it and in the bottom of the steamer were all these dead catapillars that had obviously had the worst sauna in their lives courtesy of my microwave.

Visited July 2014
Farnborough, United Kingdom
“Awful place DO NOT GO”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

This place might be quirky, but by god it's over priced, slow and the cake on offer was dry and not really very nice. My sister in law booked the treehouse for 11 of us with cream tea the cost of £132.00 was exorbitant, but the tree house does not hold 11 or 10, I would say 6 at the most if you wanted to have a conversation, without a tree trunk in the way, and god help you if you knock over a cup of tea as the table drips tea all over you. The toilets were port-a-loo with no water just gel for a hand wash. I will not go back to the over priced and filthy place ever again.

Visited June 2014