“Fantastic weekend getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Springwood Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Arden
Springwood Cottages
1018 Blue Heron Ridge Road | PO Box #59, Arden, Ontario K0H-1B0 , Canada   |
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Fantastic weekend getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

Went to Springwood Cottages in mid-Dec for a nice weekend getaway from the city. Conveniently located just a few hours east of Toronto in probably one of the last truly natural areas in Ontario (near a major city). Cezar and Yola were incredibly accommodating, welcoming, and pleasant hosts. Plenty of amenities on the property with well furnished modern cottages. Particularly enjoyed with flat panel TV with Bell satellite service as well as the propane fireplace.

Without a doubt, we will be making regular stays at Springwood.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

114 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Ingersoll, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

We went to Spring wood Cottages for a good friends wedding. Unfortunately the weather was not very co operative. We had a great time though. We spent most of the weekend outside and Cezar and Yola did everything possible to make everyone comfortable.
Our cottage was very nice and clean, with a great fire place. I felt quite at home here, with beautiful views of the water and a big bon fire on the beach. Although it was coming to the off season of the cottages, it was nice to spend the weekend with my friends and my family and would love to return again in the on season and experience everything the cottages have to offer. Cezar and Yola did a great job!

Room Tip: Cabin 4 was great , close to everything. Great space for a large family!
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

This is not just a family friendly resort, it is a resort that makes you feel like part of the family. Cezar and Yola are extremely friendly and courtious hosts that welcome you to their home. The cottages are meticuoisly cleaned after every guest and the grounds and cottages are extremely well maintained. Any problem or concern is immediately looked after so you can continue to enjoy your stay. Almost every day there is some event or function to bring all the vacationers together to meet and make new friends. You will not regret spending some time here, the beach is very tidy and the swimming area is safe. I have recommended this resort to many friends and family.

Room Tip: The water front cottages have spetacular views of the sunsets
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

This was my third time at Springwood for a weekend away, and as always, was fantastic! The grounds and cottages were clean, the staff and owners are very friendly and helpful, and there were plenty of amenities. The cottages were very nicely equipped and furnished, with plenty of room for 2 families.

There were plenty of children's activities on the beach, and several options for tubing, waterskiing, lake cruises, etc.

One of the best things by far at Springwood was the fishing. The lake is extremely productive and there are plenty of monsters to be found. The guided fishing tour with the owner (Cezar) was definitely worth it! He'll show you all the best spots, and guarantees a good catch.

Overall a clean friendly resort, with plenty of options for activities, and excellent fishing. Worth the drive!

Brampton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

A SPECIAL toast to the hosts Cezar and Jola, at Springwood Cottages. You both are the greatest...As the mother of the bride re the wedding at Springwood Cottages this past weekend, I must say you truly outdid yourselves. You solved every little or big problem that arose immediately. You were both amazing. Thank you so much for making my daughters wedding a beautiful memory we will never forget...

Mother of the Bride TP

Room Tip: With small children I would choose a cabin on top of the hill...a little away from the lake. I have...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

I attended a wedding this past weekend at springwood cottages. I thought the cottages were great and the service was wonderful. The owner gave me extra amenities for the cottage for free, and let us borrow a bunch of kids movies for free as well. We stayed in cottage #10 and it had a great view. It was clean, the bedding was new and clean and it was very spacious. The kitchen was extremely clean, including the coffee maker, stove and fridge - they looked brand new.
It was a chilly weekend and the owners were thoughtful enough to have heaters in all the rooms, and i actually really enjoyed the candles they provided!!

Room Tip: cottage #10 was very nice and looked over the lake....
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Woodstock, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

Cezar, Jola and Janis were the most gracious, supportive, proactive, problem solving and pleasant hosts I have ever encountered on vacation. Not only was I on vacation but I held my wedding ceremony and reception at Springwood and the success of the day was attributed to the amazing support we received from the Owners of Springwood and their staff. Cezar and Jola, we cannot thank you enough for pulling out all the stops on our most important day. I am happy to share more details with you on the amazing service because it was so incredible what they made happen for us.

All Cottages were superb, my family went up a few days before the wedding and my guests stayed for two nights. Every guest was more than pleased with their accommodations and if they required anything Cezar and Jola or staff was there in a flash to assist.

Honestly, I don't even know where to start as there were so many great things, maybe just best to touch on some of the highlights otherwise I will be here for hours writing about the details.

Wedding reception -- the BBQ gazebo was transformed into the most beautiful area for our wedding dinner and dance. From tarping the whole area and bringing in a large heater (to keep guests warm), to refinishing the flooring before our arrival and even finding chairs for almost 40 people to use at the last minute was incredibly amazing. Thanks to Janis and a local school for this amazing last minute seating comfort.

The DJ we booked was a no show -- Cezar made sure we had music to walk down the isle to, for our first dance and for the reception.

Use of the ATV to drive down to the Gazebo by the docks for my walk down the isle. Lesson on using ATV for my Father to drive me down.

Helping Photographers grab that amazing sunset shot by taking charge and bringing us out on your boat to grab the shots as the sun was setting. Making us laugh and enjoy the moment while baring the cold weather. Passing the blanket to help keep the bride warm between shots.

Entertaining our young son so we could complete activities that needed to get done. Repairing boat trailer, putting air in low vehicle tires.

It was just incredible what Springwood Cottages did for us and we will never forget.

I noticed the unpleasant review and have to say -- they are extremely in-correct about what this cottage resort is all about and who the owners are. If I had gone anywhere else, I would have had a terrible wedding day as there is no way that anyone would do everything Springwood did for us on our big day. My family has been going here for family vacations for years and we will continue to do so for the rest of our lives. What a wonderful place to celebrate every year for our Wedding Anniversary.

See you very soon Cezar and Jola -- once again, words cannot express what appreciation we have for all your hard work! Think about it, there is a reason we come back year after year!

Looking for a comfortable, reasonable, well kept, modernized cottage to spend quality time with family or friends for your vacation? SPRINGWOODCOTTAGES.CA comes highly reccommended by my husband and me hands down!

Room Tip: All cottages are unique and special in their own way. Love the Main House, Log Cabin and Cottage 9...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Still looking for a hotel?
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arden
Cove Country Inn Resort & Spa 4.0 of 5 stars 43 reviews Nomads Rest 5.0 of 5 stars 10 reviews
View all 0 hotels in Arden, ranked by popularity

Been to Springwood Cottages? Share your experiences!