We arrived by train from London, and did not have a car during our stay. We went for walks in the countryside from the hotel through green wooded valleys and across hills up to the moorland. The paths were sometimes overgrown. The scenery is unspoiled with lots of deciduous trees, ferns, and moss in the lower valleys. We saw lots of different types of mushrooms and toadstools. The scenery was often amazingly beautiful. We saw only one or two people on our walks.
The food was excellent, with the menu being based on tasting menus with a shorter "Market Menu" also available. When one of our party wanted simpler food, the chef made a short individual menu to choose from.
We visited the nature reserve nearby, which is large and varied with woodland, field and coastal areas.
My hotel room "Goya", was spacious and nicely decorated. The bathroom had a shower and bath - everything looked new.
When we wanted to leave, the staff even offered us a lift to Machynlleth so we didm't need to wait for a taxi. The staff were always friendly and very helpful.
Overall, we had a great time.
- Also Known As:
- Ynyshir Hall Hotel
- Ynyshir Hall Hotel Eglwys Fach
- Ynyshir Hall Machynlleth
- Ynyshir Hall Hotel Machynlleth
- Hall Ynyshir
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The elegant candle-lit restaurant sparkles with its crystal glassware and polished cutlery. Its calm atmosphere against a scenic backdrop make it a very soothing room to enjoy the pleasures of the fine food. Our chef, Gareth Ward is one of Britain's rising stars. Formerly of Sat Bains in Nottingham and Hambleton Hall, he and his enthusiastic young team are dedicated to producing the best of Modern British Cuisine. They have a wealth of superb local ingredients to work with - Cardigan Bay teems with succulent seafood - There is wild salmon in the local rivers - There is Venison and Game in abundance - Welsh Black Beef is second to none - and of course we have tender sweet Welsh Mountain Lamb. The surrounding area is so unpolluted it is the perfect location for foraging the wonderful wild food available to us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Ynyshir Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.