We had an idyllic weekend, we enjoyed the food and style of the hotel with its huge benefit of only 9 rooms. This means the atmosphere is intimate and friendly. The hotel is centred on its food and it is wonderful cooking, I agree about the choices, which are a bit limited. I could I'm sure have asked for a vegetarian option on the second night, but it would have been nicer had it been on the menu and therefore considered as much as the other dishes on offer. I didn't want a off the cuff, more cobbled together "asked for" option which might miss out on this, but by the second night I was looking for a lighter option. That said, the food was balanced, and the eight courses very small (fortunately) and it was a very enjoyable culinary experience. Perhaps the exception would be the continental breakfast we had in our room, very boring, indifferent toast, uninteresting porridge, poor jam,no juice, no little elegant touches we'd come to expect ! Regarding the rooms, some of the criticisms are fair, for the money the room was small, but you notice details that wouldn't matter in a cheaper room. The window frames needed painting, the grout around the bath was black and peeling, the shower was a dribble, the mattress was past its sell by date..all this however doesn't really detrack from a lovely weekend. The staff were so lovely, gentle attention.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The elegant candle-lit restaurant sparkles with its crystal glassware and polished cutlery. Its calm atmosphere against a scenic backdrop make it a very soothing room to enjoy the pleasures of the fine food. Our chef, Gareth Ward is one of Britain's rising stars. Formerly of Sat Bains in Nottingham and Hambleton Hall, he and his enthusiastic young team are dedicated to producing the best of Modern British Cuisine. They have a wealth of superb local ingredients to work with - Cardigan Bay teems with succulent seafood - There is wild salmon in the local rivers - There is Venison and Game in abundance - Welsh Black Beef is second to none - and of course we have tender sweet Welsh Mountain Lamb. The surrounding area is so unpolluted it is the perfect location for foraging the wonderful wild food available to us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ynyshir Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ynyshir Hall Hotel Eglwys Fach
- Ynyshir Hall Machynlleth
- Ynyshir Hall Hotel Machynlleth
- Hall Ynyshir