“I Wanted To Buy The Whole Store!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Attractions in Palmer
Type: Shops
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: On your way to El Yunque. Discover the treasures of the Caribbean and Puerto Rico! Caribbean Spices & Sauces, Fresh Puerto Rican Coffee, Fine Premium Cigars, Nautical & Tropical Gifts, Exquisite Gift Baskets
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
“I Wanted To Buy The Whole Store!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

My best friend and I were staying at the Rio Mar and on our way back to the resort from the Yunque Rainforest we found this amazing souvenir store on our last day! I was so thankful to have found this store because we didn't have any treasures to bring home to our family and friends b/c every other souvenir store we had gone to were selling the cheesy trinkets that we didn't want to spend an arm and a leg for. We had a great time and Iris was incredibly helpful! We had complimentary coffee, tried all kinds of homemade sauces (made in their store) and we even tried the Ghost Pepper sauce!! (Which comes with a free certificate saying you conquered the hottest of hot sauces!) After spending about an hour or more we had bought at least $100 worth if not more of amazing treasures to bring home to our family and friends :)

Visited June 2013

Martinsburg, West Virginia
“Great shop for locally made goods!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We were staying at the Rio Mar and stopped here on the way to the airport to go home after not having much such success finding local souvenirs all week.

This place is great! They have a wide variety of gifts ranging from t-shirts, their own made soaps, jewelry, spices, coffee, tiles, mugs, alcohol, etc. Most of their gifts are locally made by local artisans, which is exactly what I was looking for. They make a variety of soaps and lotions themselves. They also make their own coffee, sauces, and spices, and also have a selection from local artisans.

Karla was so nice and helpful! She offered some free samples of their delicious coffee right away. Then she explained their sauces and let us taste them. We found some great souvenirs here, but definitely stop here if you want to bring home some authentic sauces and spices. They were so delicious, and I know I cannot find anything comparable where I live.

They also have an online store, which is great for when you run out of those delicious sauces or coffee.

The prices are very reasonable and exactly what I was expecting to pay for the things I wanted.

I will definitely be sure to stop here again the next time we go to Puerto Rico!

Visited May 2013
Coral Gables, Florida
8 attraction reviews
“Fabulous souvenir shop with excellent service!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

On our trip back to the Wyndham Rio Mar from experiencing a beautiful waterfall at the top of the mountain, we stumbled upon this little place. Risell immediately greeted us and offered us some coffee without knowing whether we were just looking like most probably are or not. With her wonderful attention to us and great conversation we ended up leaving with a number of items for family back home.

The shop itself offers a great variety of items and not just your typical souvenir shop stuff. They have handmade items from a variety of artists, some cool jewelry which I hadn't seen anywhere else along with a good mix of liquors to suit most anyone.

Prices are pretty normal for a shop of this kind I thought.

Check them out if you're in the area. You won't be disappointed. And say hi to Risell.

Visited May 2013
Vernon, New Jersey
“Great for corporate gifts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I organized a corporate event in San Juan and I approached Caribbean Trading for some group gift ideas. Caribbean Trading offered a great variety of items. Meghann provided me with a proposals and her suggestions were all appropriate! We decided on PR coffee, an artisan mug and artisan tile. The gifts were beautifully wrapped and presented to our guests at their welcome reception. Everyone loved their gifts! They were showing off their tiles to each other. I'm planning to order more tiles!

Visited April 2013
NJ
8 attraction reviews
“Nice gift shop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

A wide variety of gifts and souvenirs at all price points in a pleasant shop. The bakery next store served some great guava pastries.

Visited April 2013