“Rock climbing” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Bryanston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: We run over 50 exciting eco adventure trips every year. Each trip is designed by our ‘adventure experts’ to ensure that you can travel to unfamiliar places to enjoy a mix of ‘must see’ highlights and unforgettable cultural experiences. You will see and do more than you ever could travelling on your own and without the hassle of organising it yourself.
Auckland, New Zealand
“Rock climbing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I had a day to spare on a trip to Johannesburg, and decided that I was really keen for a day of rock climbing. After a Google search I discovered Soul Adventures and ended up spending a whole day just out of Jo'Burg being looked after by Darren and Remaine climbing some beautiful rocks. I've been climbing indoors for a few years but this was my first outdoor climb and they did a great job of showing me the ropes, so to speak. I would highly recommend them. Really nice people, very accommodating, and professional. Couldn't ask for more.

Visited May 2013

London, United Kingdom
“A lesson in how to be completely professional and uncompromisingly hilarious at the same time!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Mountain climb, Pilanesburg, Lesedi Village, Sun City, Elephant Sanctuary, Spa treatments, Chicken Lickin - the works! Loved it all!

Mountain climb:
You think you've been constipated? You DON'T KNOW constipation! until you're constipated on a freezing cold snow filled mountain top...

I did the hike with Jonathan (adorable rock climbing, obviously Michelin starred, ginger and chilli chef extraordinaire) and Romaigne (mountain loving summit streaker) from Soul Adventures. Outstanding, they kept everyone's spirits up! I wouldn't rather be stuck on a mountain top for a day with anyone else. Darren made sure we had steak, chips apple pie and ice-cream when we got down... so, call me shallow but, I love him too.

Other tourist stuff:
Despite my numerous (and at times last minute) schedule changes Romaigne was incredibly patient with us (seriously, I deserved a back handed slap) and the experiences ran very smoothly for me and my brother. She arranged/booked absolutely everything and made sure we got to each experience on time without a hitch. (She even prepared us the world's freshest, tastiest, salad for lunch)

If you want a well planned out personable, exciting/memorable trip with no time "wasted"- call Soul Adventures. The name doesn't hide anything - great people, the adventure is RELENTLESS (in a good way) and your spirit will be awakened!
I’m still waking up with a wide grin on my face - the best gift anyone can ever give you is a memory - I am very grateful indeed to Romaigne and the rest of the team! Excellent.

Visited May 2013
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Bronkies Climbing Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

On a business trip to Johannesburg my only real desire apart from a successful run of shows (travelling with a touring theatre show) was to climb on the African continent. After days of frustration trying to find a cheap way to get to the local climbing centre, and discovering just how expensive taxi's can be in JHB, Soul Adventures came to my rescue. After finding the website a quick email was sent to Darren. Later that evening an extremely reasonable offer had been returned, which included a pick up and drop off to my hotel, a full days climbing including entrance fee to the climbing area and provision of all the necessary equipment. I didn't really know what to expect as to wether I would be in a group or where we would be going! The day turned out to be an amazing one on one session with Jonathan. A polite, knowledgeable guy with climbing skills to match! We spent the day climbing various sports routes in the Bronkies (Just over an hour outside JHB) The climbing was truly awesome, the scenery amazing and the company was supportive and encouraging (Including some home Braaid food!!) Please, anyone looking to climb whilst on a business or holiday trip to SA make sure Soul Adventures is your first port of call. Hopefully when I return to SA I will have more down time and be able take advantage of a multi day trip slightly further afield. As amazing as the single day trip was I'm sure a few days away with these guys will be mind blowing!

Visited April 2013
New York, New York, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Drakensberg Hike Adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Every time I hiked with Darren and Soul Adventure, my panties got wet...literally!

I did a three day hike in the Drakensberg with Soul Adventures and had the pleasure to hang and hike with Darren and Jonathan for that duration. It was great getting to know these guys in a casual way. There was no set schedule so everything was quite flexible and easy going in terms of what to do and see. It so happened that while we were in the Mountains, there was a flash flood overnight and in order for us to get back to the car and to the path, we had to cross a river about four times. I am short so I would end up getting soaked up to my buttocks crossing the river! Another day, we scrambled up a trail by a waterfall so the boulders and rocks were mossy and wet. I would get on my butt and slide on these wet rocks on the return. Needless to say, it was a messy, dirty, and wet three days for me. And I enjoyed every bit of it. In addition to hiking, we did abseiling outdoors.It was an unexpected surprise but I embraced it and loved it. That's exactly what these guys are about..to provide an experience that was not only enjoyable, but to also push my boundaries and comfort level. And I'm glad they did. I found my time in the Drakensberg and with Soul Adventures to be almost transformative. I learned how much stronger I could be, to push through fear (right before getting off the cliff during abseiling), and through tired and sore muscles (especially on steep inclines of the trail), and feel amazing afterwards. It was definitely an adventure.

I highly recommend them!

Visited February 2013
Boksburg, South Africa
“An Unforgettable Pilanesberg Safari”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

What better way to enjoy a day in the Pilanesberg Game Reserve with Soul Adventures. As this was my first trip to this area I had no idea what to expect but was pleasantly surprised. Not only was the game viewing fantastic, where we were able to see the Big Five where the highlight of our day was a close encounter with a herd of elephants.
Darren and his crew were hospitable, friendly and very entertaining for the duration of our trip; making sure we had plenty to drink during the trip and a lovely lunch in the middle of the reserve.
The Pilanesberg day trip with Soul Adventures is not only informative and entertaining but most certainly an unforgettable experience not to be missed!

Visited March 2013