“Below Basic” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 55 Hotels in Morzine
Hove, United Kingdom
“Below Basic”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Arrived here for a wedding travelling from Monte Carlo, so was expecting something of a culture shock. I chose this hotel purely for location and for the price I was paying I knew I'd get basic. Having looked at the pictures on the website I expected my room to look vaguely similar however the room we were given was below basic to the point of being funny. We stayed 3 nights during this time our towels which smelt stale anyway weren't changed once. The bed was rock hard and shared a pillow. I didn't know that the basic continental breakfast would include warm orange juice either. If your a mountain biker or skier on a budget and don't care about basic comfort then this is the hotel for you if your anything other than that then there are better hotels for a similar price - you live and learn !!!!
Oh but they didn't have good wifi hence the 2 stars.

Stayed July 2014

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
chester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

I booked last minute as I decided to join pals for a couple of days skiing, I arrived late and was a little worried about collecting the keys, but spoke to a helpful girl on the opine and she explained how to get in if the staff weren't on front desk, my room was a single but had a double bed and the bathroom was quite large, hot water, and the sound of the river ensured I had a good nights sleep, I opted for breakfast and all of this was delicious with a pot of strong hot coffee to kick starts my day.....would recommend this little hotel, especially if you are a solo female traveller as I happily ate on my own at breakfast, the owner was kind and gave me a lift to the hotel my pals were staying in so I could grab a lift on there transfer bus...

Room Tip: At the back to hear the river
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Over the last 12 months , I've stayed here 3 times. It's family run and has been for over 30 years. You are made to feel very welcome. The rooms are adequate, with most balconies over looking a beautiful River. Wet snow gear , was taken, dried each night. A lovely little hotel I would go back to again and again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
West Sussex, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

We've been to Morzine many times but this was our first stay at Hotel le Soly - but it won't be our last.

This was a last minute trip and, still being in-season, all our usual places were still very expensive for short stays. Hotel le Soly was very reasonably priced so we didn't expect too much - but were very pleasantly surprised.

We received a friendly welcome, our room was clean, comfortable and with a lovely view of the river and towards the mountains. There was a flat screen TV in the room with a couple of English channels and the bathroom was very good.

We didn't eat at the hotel, but one of the other guests told us that the food was very good. There is a hot spa, so next time we will be sure to pack our swimmies!

Finally, the hotel gives easy access to the lower half of the town, is on the bus routes and had a good amount of free parking - quite a rarity for Morzine!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

The twin room maybe basic but it is well cared for and clean.

I arrived after midnight and by communicating by e-mail and mobile I was able to gain access and locate the allocated room which was good.

The bathroom is basic but does the job well on a budget and I was only looking to stay the night before moving on.

Excellent breakfast which I would strongly recommend at Euro 10 over going somewhere else locally as good very value with plenty to eat by way of fresh hot drinks, warmed breads, freshly cooked or cold buffet options.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Got back a week ago having had a lovely time in morzine. We drove to france and arrived well before check in but they made arrangements for our rooms x2 to be cleaned first to allow us an earlier check in time. Hotel is exceptionally clean. rooms cleaned every day. leave towels on floor if you want new ones! location wise it was a 5 minute walk to shops, cafes and bars. 1 mins from free bus service which takes you either into morzine centre or to avoriaz. lots of free parking. we didn't get to use the pool due to the time of year but did make use of sauna which you need to book a slot for in the morning. also a table tennis table and running machine all free. 10 euros per person for continental breakfast a day which is pricey on a budget for a week, carrefour is down the road for a grab and go munch! all staff we encountered were helpful and friendly. you only have one room key and they lock front doors from 10:30pm so you have to use back door which isn't a problem unless you come back separately from your partner then you have to let them in when they get back if after this time! could do with being a key pad lock rather than key. boot room was safe and has boot warmers.our balcony was shared with people we didn't know but this was not a problem luckily and nothing was taken from the balcony if we left it out.would definitely stay there again as price matches the accommodation and location.

Room Tip: choose a bedroom that backs onto the river as it sounds very peaceful and you get more sun throughou...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Stayed in Le Soly for New Years and few days of skiing. For a 2 star hotel, this is a very good deal! The price is cheaper than everything else around, but the service is friendly and nice, the room is bit plain but cosy and has a wonderful view on river and snowy forest. Recommend to take the breakfast at 10 euro at hotel, it is cheaper and much better than u ll end up paying outside. They have a sauna, which is perfect after skiing- but you need to book the time slot in advance

Stayed January 2014

Been to Hotel le Soly? Share your experiences!