“Great first stay- I want to go back!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chalet Koala

Chalet Koala
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Morzine
Chalet Koala
You added Chalet Koala to your Saves list
La Ranche | Montriond, 74110 Morzine, France   |
Ranked #46 of 130 Specialty Lodging in Morzine
London, United Kingdom
“Great first stay- I want to go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

This was the first time that I have stayed in chalet Koala and it is lovely! I am a regular skier in the Portes du Soleil area and I believe Morzine makes a great base as it's easy to get to from Geneva and it is the heart of the ski domaine.

A key benefit is that the chalet is located at a bus stop so it's easy to get to the Ardent - Linderet area, but it's also easy to get the bus the other direction and link to the other areas from Morzine such as Avoriaz and so on.

Hospitality and service are both great. I like to ski the whole time that lifts are running (and beyond) so I was happy to see breakfast already being served as I got up, and then having exhausted myself after every last lift had closed I got back to the chalet to find a fresh pot of tea being served with homemade scones! Then there's the comfy leather sofas, roaring fire, and then a hearty 3 course home cooked banquet of a dinner, with wine.

Julia is a great hostess, baker and cook, and is helped (this season) by a couple of fun Aussies, so there was some good craic, although the topic of cricket was clearly off limits. I always enjoy skiing this area, but now I have a new favourite chalet and, as I intend to return, I would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Leave any wet ski gear down in the boiler room- keeps the bedroom clear and airy!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I have just returned from another trip to Chalet Koala with a large group of friends 30 in all. Unfortunately we could not all get into the chalet but Julia the manager arranged rental of a local apartment 30 feet from the chalet, to make sure we could all be together
Great food and great accommodation again
Looking forward to going back at February half term
If you are looking for a warm friendly chalet with great staff and great food and next to the slopes of Porte du soleil then this is one for you

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Reading, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

This was the first time that we had visited Koala with our 9 year old son and 12 year old daughter. Stayed for 10 days during August 2013. Setting beautiful. Plenty of things to do within a reasonable distance although having a hire car makes it very easy. Not sure how easy it would be by bus. Julia is a great host and very helpful. Rooms tidy and comfortable. Facilities in Morzine excellent: Horse riding, parapenting (although expensive), summer luge, canoeing on Montriond, white water rafting 45mins away etc etc. Kids loved it and will probably go again. Thanks to Julia, a great host.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Me and my mom stayed at the Chalet for 2 weeks.

I came to Morzine for mountain biking and my mom mostly to relax and for hiking.
We had the luxury of having the Chalet for ourselves for the entire 2 weeks.
The beds were very cozy, lots of channels on TV, very nice breakfast and a lovely host.
Julia had been extremely helpful, gave us suggestions on how to keep ourselves busy.
The chalet is located in a very quiet area and also pretty close to the Montriond Lake, so no noise issues and at night you can hear the water flowing.

The chalet has a shed to keep the mountain bike safely, a water pipe that can be used to clean the bike and a repair station for the bike. Julia also had a bunch of bikes that can be used for commuting in the city.

The chalet is in Montriond which is about 20-25 minutes walk away from Morzine city center with all the shops, cafes etc. There is a bus station about 3-5 minutes walk away, there are about 2 buses an hour, but they stop working after 18:00, so you will most likely have to walk by foot a couple of times or ride your bike. If you are on a bike it will be a nice warmup, 5 minute ride to the SuperMorzine lift or the busses to Les Gets.

It's a pity we couldn't use the kitchen (due to insurance issues) so we had to either eat outside or sandwiches (there is a small fridge where you can keep cold meats, cheese and other stuff).

If we happen to be in the area we will definitely consider staying there again!
Thanks!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Seascale, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

This is the fourth time we have stayed at Chalet Koala and I will definitely go again. Much as I don't usually want to go to the same place more than once. With Chalet Koala I am more than happy to make an exception. Julia always provides a really warm welcome. The food is consistently good, the rooms are comfortable and warm and you can always guarantee finding a lovely group of people staying there. New wet rooms have been installed since last year which are great. Much more room for the essential hot soak after a day on the slopes!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Just came back from an amazing time at chalet koala. The setting is beautiful and chalet koala is well situated for easy access to slopes . My room was lovely nicely decorated and clean and bed was really comfy just what I needed after a day on the slopes. The staff couldn't have been more helpful especially Julia who runs it and her cooking skills second to none. I a would definitely would recommend it and would live to go again next year , I might even try and make it in the summer .

• Stayed April 2013
Northampton, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I've stayed at Chalet Koala a few times now, and it's always a very friendly, relaxed and informal place to be. The food is good and the atmosphere is warm and cosy. The accommodation is clean and comfortable rather than luxurious. They had installed some new wet rooms since I last stayed there, and these were excellent. Chalet Koala is very conveniently located for the nearest ski lifts. I will definitely be going back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Chalet Koala? Share your experiences!