“Great Tuition” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 26 things to do in Morzine
More attraction details
Owner description: BASS Morzine & Les Gets is a snowsports school and instructor training centre based in the French alps. We have established a reputation for excellence through the exceptional quality of our group sessions, private lessons and long term training provided in English language to small, personal groups. We operate in the resorts of Morzine, Les Gets and Avoriaz in the huge Portes Du Soleil. Out of European winters we deliver courses in UK snow centres and glacier resorts such as Stubai and Les Deux Alpes.
4 attraction reviews
“Great Tuition”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

This was our 2nd year with Bass Morzine and the kids once again loved it.... The kids kept asking on New Years Day why is there no lesson. Stress free when your kids look forward to lessons. They had Mark as instructor this year and David last year. All English speaking very small groups.

Visited January 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Top notch tuition - well worth it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

As a relatively new skier wanting to improve I booked two 2-hour private lessons (3-4 Jan '14) with BASS while I was in Morzine for a long weekend and was seriously impressed with the quality of tuition.

I noted the price difference with ESF (whom I had used before) and was a little unsure whether BASS would be worth it, but finished the lessons absolutely convinced that they were.

Highlights:

- My instructor, Tom Watts, was superb. He took time to ask me what I was trying to achieve through the lessons and adapted what we did to suit that. Throughout the lessons he was keen to hear my feedback on whether I felt I was improving and what challenges I still had. I felt he was actually committed to helping me improve my skiing.

- He was exceptionally attentive and after watching me ski for a while was able to diagnose exactly what I was doing wrong and (more importantly for me) come up with straightforward and easy to remember strategies I could use to fix this. These worked.

- As a native English speaker it was very easy to communicate with him and I found this made a huge difference to previous experiences I'd had with instructors. I am quite a nervous skier and being able to discuss what was going through my head in a turn - and not just what my feet were doing wrong - made an enormous difference. In the past with other ski schools I've finished a lesson thinking the money was almost completely wasted, as despite having an instructor who claimed to be English-speaking, their English was so poor I couldn't even ask basic questions.

- It was easy to book and pay in advance of arriving in resort so I was confident my lessons were secure before I arrived, and I didn't have to go and queue in a shop.

In summary it was top notch service and tuition. I plan to use BASS in future and will recommend my friends do the same.

Visited January 2014
Cairo
“Not good”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

My lesson was twice the price of ESF and not nearly half as good. I spent most of the time following the instructor around the slope, there was no way he could even see what I was doing wrong and his advice wasn't at all helpful. I had a lesson with ESF and it was a totally different experience - the instructor watched carefully what I was doing and gave me lots of advice to improve my technique.

Visited February 2013
Jaz L, Owner at British Alpine Ski School, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
We are very disappointed to read your review and further saddened that your visit was 11 months ago and this is the first opportunity we have had to see your feedback. Please contact us with further information so that we can find out more about your experience and have the opportunity to resolve this for you.

If there is ever an issue with the service we provide, please let us know immediately so that we can improve our service for you and all our clients.
Southport, United Kingdom
“Ski school”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Small groups, our 7 year old went from just being able to stand up to a red run in 4 days of lessons. Loved every moment of the experiance

Visited December 2013
Thank you for posting your review and we are so glad that your child enjoyed learning to ski with us and has progressed so quickly. We look forward to seeing you again.
London, United Kingdom
“Kids Lessons”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Instructors were very good and the kids enjoyed the ski lessons with both ski instructors. I would recommend BAS for ski lessons for children.

Visited December 2013
Jaz L, Owner at British Alpine Ski School, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
Thank you for posting your review and we are delighted that the children enjoyed skiing with BASS. We look forward to seeing you next year.