“The place to stay!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of More Mountain - The ARK

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Morzine
More Mountain - The ARK
You added More Mountain - The ARK to your Saves list
142 Rue Du Bourg | Morzine, 74110 Morzine, France   |
Ranked #3 of 117 Specialty Lodging in Morzine
“The place to stay!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Well what can I say! A fabulous chalet with all mod cons, great views of Morzine and excellant central location!
It was my first time skiing in over 15 years and the chalet hosts organised all my ski hire and lessons so there was nothing for me to worry about!
The chalet is a great place to stay and a perfect chill out location,the dining area is great for sociable dining and the chill out area upstairs is perfect for after a day on the slopes!The bedrooms are good sizes and really comformtable. The chalet hosts Michelle and Jon made me feel so welcome and I felt so comformtable during my stay!
If you are going to stay in a chalet stay in The Ark!!

• Stayed April 2013

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Our family stayed at the Ark in January 2013, the holiday will be remembered fondly for the rest of our lives. Following a difficult trip last year with a small toddler we were worried skiing trips would never be the same again. This holiday has reassured us we really can have the best of both worlds. The chalet was more luxurious than any hotel I have stayed in yet still managed to have that cosy "just like home" feeling. None of the traditional disadvantages of normal chalet holidays e.g shared bathrooms and paper thin walls. A state of the art hot tub that allowed a truly relaxing break That cosy feeling was mostly attributable to Jon and Michelle who welcomed us with opened arms because they genuinely wanted to get to know us (almost unheard of for chalet hosts). The food was amazing, lots of variety, extreme quantities, lovely wine and Michelle would happily accommodate the pickiest eaters. Even had leftovers for the little kids. Shame I came home a few pounds heavier but it was worth it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
wilmslow, england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We went as a group of 3 families and had a wonderful break at The Ark. More Mountain select their hosts and chalets well. This chalet is very special and Jon and Michelle become part of the group, ever friendly and helpful, plus providing great food and (an excess of) cake.
The other reviewers have talked about the high quality of the accommodation. The location is also great for the town, without being noisy, and close to the main lifts.
If I had my holiday dates for next year sorted I would already have booked!

Room Tip: Two rooms have a double (which can split) and a single plus baths, one a double plus bath then a dou...
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

This is my third trip to Morzine with More Mountain and it just gets better and better! The Ark is superb - plenty of room for party of 9 adults and finished to a very high boutique standard. The bedrooms are the most spacious I have encountered in a ski chalet and are well equipped. All the bathrooms are provided with lovely fittings and there is lashings of hot water in the wonderful showers, as well as the lovely indoor hot tub. Everything about this chalet is pleasing, comfortable, yet boutique chic. Lovely views of the mountains, yet located right in the heart of town with shops and bars on the doorstep. Pleney and Super Morzine lifts are an easy walk or short bus ride away. Buses also go to the farther Prodains lift from the bottom of the hill. However, the lovely John is usually on hand to give everyone a lift to get the morning off to a good start. John is one half of an amazing chalet host partnership, the gorgeous Michelle being the other half. They are just the most lovely couple - providing very relaxed, friendly hospitality and yet running a very tight ship at the same time. The chalet is kept beautifully clean and Michelle's meals are super - no-one goes hungry at the Ark. She takes pride in her cooking and makes sure everyone's tastes are catered for. They are the perfect hosts. A first class stay in a great resort. Our party had a wide range of ski experience from beginner to advanced and everyone was happy with the runs on offer at Morzine and Avoriaz. This was one of the best ski holidays I've had in recent years - top marks to More Mountain and especially to John and Michelle.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Rayleigh, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I've been on a quite a few chalet holidays and this was definitely the best I've been on. The experience starts with a champagne and canapés reception where you get to know your chalet hosts and your home for the next few weeks. The accommodation is excellent: luxurious and full of all the mod cons you'd expect from a top end hotel, such as Sonos sound system around the chalet, Bose sound systems in each room, an epic TV and a hot tub. Throughout the holiday, our Chalet hosts couldn't do enough for us. Michelle cooked wonderful meals all week and John was always on hand to give us lifts and fetch us beers while we were in the hot tub. Both of them were so friendly and welcoming and were regularly the heart and soul of the party when the toffee vodka made an appearance. Can't recommend it enough!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

The ark is amazing a completely different chalet experience! It's modern, luxurious and the rooms were immaculate!

Michelle's cooking was of a very high standard and she went to a lot of effort to create tasty vegetarian dishes. Jon was very informative about the area and gave some great recommendations like walking round lake montriond and eating at le grange (lovely food).

Jon and Michelle are a lovely couple and create such a friendly atmosphere I would definitely return!

• Stayed March 2013
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Well what can I say about this place? Probably one of, if not, the coolest ski chalet around, only made even more impressive by the hosts Jon and Michelle who run it.

My wife and I plus two friends had the pleasure of a week here in March and we were not disappointed, the chalet is superb, fitted out to a very high standard, easily equal to a 5 star boutique hotel, huge TV, Wii, Sky TV etc, Wifi stereo, free wifi. Located in the centre of town, easy walk to everything (not that you will need to go out). Those whom have stayed at quality hotels will immediately notice that no expense has been spared when kitting this place out. The standard of the bedrooms are also first class and kept very clean. The whole place is lovely and warm, maybe too warm if I had to be picky. Hot Tub was great, be careful of the jets, they are wild!

Just when you assume things can’t get any better, they do, the chalet hosts Jon and Michelle were faultless. The food, cleanliness, information provided and general hosting was excellent, I almost forgot they were chalet hosts as it was more like being away with friends. Jon and Michelle obviously really care that the guests enjoy themselves and this clearly shows.

Glastonbury festival ruined every other festival I went to, Ibiza has ruined every other club I’ll go to again and The Ark (with Jon and Michelle included) will ruin every other Ski Chalet I will stay in.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to More Mountain - The ARK? Share your experiences!