“Perfect location and perfect chalet” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hugski Holidays

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Morzine
Hugski Holidays
You added Hugski Holidays to your Saves list
Les Gets, 74110 Morzine, France   |
Ranked #39 of 130 Specialty Lodging in Morzine
“Perfect location and perfect chalet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Great stay again with hugski
Those guys know how to run a chalet.
Great location , great facilities , super food, nice people , good value
I have stayed in both locations and both fantastic .... Best chalet experience and as good as any five star hotel! From the staff right down to the small details Scottish seaweed soaps from Scotland!!!
Menu was superb my only complaint ...
I had to come home!!!!

• Stayed January 2013
lucy p, Owner at Hugski Holidays, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you Mr Snape for your kind review, we loved having you back for your escape weekend. Glad you liked the Scottish soaps, had to be done!
See you in February

Couples
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Delicious food and wine, kind, knowledgeable hosts, warm, cosy atmosphere, and very good skiing, with some lovely woodland runs. This really is a special place to stay, where nothing is too much for Hugo and Lucy. After a week we felt completely relaxed and spoiled.. I'm going back!

• Stayed February 2012
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Having heard how exceptional the snow had been for 2012, a small group of friends booked to go away for the Easter weekend, hoping for a bit of snow, along with a relaxing break in a chalet atmosphere. Even before departure, Hugski ensured that not only did we have lift passes pre-booked, but also submitted our ski hire requests to Doorstep skis, who, as the name would state, deliver the skis and boots to your door moments after arrival, to save the hassle of queuing and waiting in a ski hire shop.
Being in the travel business, it goes without saying that part of my job is to review hotels, lodges and their product and Hugski Holidays absolutely excelled in terms of service and standards that went absolutely beyond all expectations. We were greeted upon arrival and 6 nights out of 7 ensured we had the most delicious gourmet dinners after drinks and canapés post baths and showers. They fetched and carried us from the slopes to the chalets, and if we wanted a few drinks at the bar for après ski then nothing was too much hassle, and they waited that bit longer to collect us from the bar and bring us back to the chalet.
On their well-deserved night off, they recommended restaurants and bars in town to go to, and always ensured that everything was up to standard.
So, all in all, a fantastic experience for those looking for a home-from-home chalet experience, with the most delicious comforting home-cooked food that rivals any other ski lodge we have stayed in before.
Warm, cozy, friendly and efficient, these are just a few of the attributes that Hugski has to offer. I look forward to Winter 2012/2013

Room Tip: Being a chalet, you can choose rooms on arrival, but some rooms have ensuite baths and some have en...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
lucy p, Owner at Hugski Holidays, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
We were lucky to have you and your group for Easter!!! I'm sure Ardent Happy Hour bar will feel much the same! We loved having you, you were all brilliant fun. I enjoyed our runs (well, all of 1 of them!), skiing, apres ski and all the lovely reactions to the food which was guzzled... always a good sign!

Until next time

Lucy x
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Stayed at Hugski in January and have to say what a lovely couple they are and how well looked they look after all their guests- but unfortunately I needed a little extra looking after as I broke my wrist on my first morning on the slopes! I owe a massive thank you to Lucy for coming to my rescue in the van and driving me round to doctors and pharmacists and feeding me much needed tea and cake to recover. As a solo traveller I don't know what I would have done without her!

The chalet was lovely and I was made to feel really welcome by Hugo and Lucy and the other guests- it was almost like staying with friends, with meals, drinks and evening telly together.

Definitely recommend to anyone!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
lucy p, Owner at Hugski Holidays, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for the review Hannah, it was good to hear from you! Your injury made for a memorable trip that's for sure. Now your on the ski's hopefully you'll get to spend more time on the slopes next season! We'd love to have you back at Chalet Alpazure (no injuries please!)

Lucy
Edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

I had the most incredible week at Chalet Alpazure run by Hugski Holidays in March this year. The snow was great and I loved the huge ski area. However the way in which our group were looked after by Hugo and Lucy at the Chalet made all the difference. From the moment we booked our week for exclusive use of the Chalet, everything was taken care of by the highly accomplished duo. We had read on the website that for six days guests get breakfast, tea and a four course supper but we did not expect the quality (and quantity) to be quite so sensational. Dinner in particular was first class (and actually 5 courses if you include the cheese board at the end). Lucy was very helpful in providing alternatives for a couple of our guests who had quite specific diets. The week flew by and before we knew it we were sad to be waving goodbye. I shall definietly be returning next year.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

Hugo and Lucy offer an amazing chalet package. They both went to great lengths to ensure we had a pleasant stay. The meals Lucy cooked (with Hugo as Su Chef!) were delicious - all appetites were satisfied by the time people left the table (4 course dinners!). Food high lights were the breakfast smoothies, the deserts, the cheese board AND of course the cakes (note these weren't all served at the same meal). The bedrooms and chalet were surprisingly spacious even when chalet was at capacity. What set this chalet experience apart from others I've been on is how Hugo and Lucy catered the experience to the different groups they were hosting, as proven when observing how they accommodated the family staying with us at the same time. At the end of every day either at the foot of the slopes or stuck in a bar at apres it was always a welcome sight to see Hugo and his van to collect us for dinner. It's the personal touch they bring to the chalet experience that set them apart from the larger companies offering similar packages (i.e. meeting up for a ski or bringing out the Shotski at dinner to name a few). I'm a big fan of the Hugski experience and I hope Hugo and Lucy continue on for many more seasons. (ps ask about the Onezie rental firm for a good day out!)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Dundee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

Last time I wrote a review for a ski company, it was a damning report, which ended in the words “Well, don’t expect too many returns with that level of service.”

This review could not be more opposite. Hugo and Lucy have cracked it, and if you happen to be going with them for the first time, you will wonder how on earth you have put up with such mediocre treatment from other ski companies for so long. Nothing was too much trouble for either of them, and their attention to detail in the chalet was absolute. Lucy’s food was unbelievable, Hugo’s continual ferrying/guiding/teaching/advising went way beyond the call of duty. From one who knows, I would recommend that the ‘Hugski Philosophy’ become a blueprint for others on how to run a ski company properly.

And at the end of the day, I’m sure, like me, you’ll want to return and return.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hugski Holidays? Share your experiences!