“Amazing hosts” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ride & Slide - Chalet Madosa

Ride & Slide - Chalet Madosa
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Morzine
Ride & Slide - Chalet Madosa
You added Ride & Slide - Chalet Madosa to your Saves list
994 Route de la Plagne, Morzine, France   |
Ranked #15 of 44 Morzine B&B and Inns
Weymouth, United Kingdom
“Amazing hosts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Jordan, Zoe and Dave were so helpful, welcoming and unobtrusive they were great, NOTHING was too much trouble, from trying to book lunch on the piste for us to providing films for the kids to watch, they even helped us with a crossword!! The food that Dave cooked was delicious, we had 8 kids in our party and on the whole they enjoyed the meals he cooked for them, to improve the children's meals, I would suggest replacing the lettuce with a different type of salad vegetable or cooked vegetables as not many young children eat lettuce leaves. The adult meals were lovely.

Ride and Slide are a top class company, very easy to deal with. Katy the Office Manager was so helpful and very efficient and once again nothing was too much trouble, our holiday ran very smoothly thanks to them.

The reason I gave a rating of "very good" rather than "excellent" was the chalet. It was by no means terrible, it has a hot tub, a sauna, a great garden for the kids, free wifi and the decor is lovely. For me to have given it "excellent" it would have needed more storage in the bedrooms and slightly more sound proofing (internally not externally, I was never woken up by any traffic noise). Having said that I would happily stay there again, we were a large group with lots of young children and it was important for us to all sleep near our kids and this was one of the few chalets that could accommodate all parents being close to their children overnight with the way the bedrooms are configured. Thank you to all at Ride and Slide for a brilliant holiday!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
County Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Had an incredibly enjoyable week here with Dave, Zoe and Jordan. Food was delicious, great variety and good portion sizes. Staff were very friendly and easy to get on with and were very happy to answer any questions we had about the area and food. Couldn't end a days skiing better than in the lovely hot tub outside that was always ready to hop into. Rooms were nice with windows that could open very wide to let air into the. Room. One recommendation I would make is to perhaps have ground coffee available aswell as instant. Other than that would highly recommend the madosa guesthouse to anyone who wants a comfy relaxing holiday!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
rideslide, Front Office Manager at Ride & Slide - Chalet Madosa, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Hi Isabelle,

Thank you so much for your review, we appreciate all your feedback. I'm really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! All 3 of our chalets do have filter coffee machines at the coffee stations as well as instant and cafetieres. I have enquired at the chalet and the machine was up and running on that week. If there is a specific kind of coffee that you require please let us know for next time and we will see what we can do. Thanks again for your feedback it is lovely for the staff to see that their hard work has paid off. We hope to see you again next year!

All the Team at Ride and Slide
Dorchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Such lovely chalet hosts, Jordan was incredibly helpful, and overall Ride and Slide were brilliant, dealing with queries and pre arrival issues, organising ski servicing, dietary requirements etc, we could not fault them. Dave's cooking was great, although we found the kids meals a little lacking in inspiration, and vegetables! I don't know a 4 year old who will eat salad… which was the usual greenery at kids tea time. The chalet was perfectly adequate for all our needs, we didn't find the bedrooms overly cramped, but there was a lack of storage, hooks on doors etc would be handy, you have so much 'stuff' when skiing. I did think that the chalet was a little pricey, I would expect a little more luxury for the price, comfy pillows, (free use of the washing machine!!) etc. It is located on a fairly busy road, and is a little tired in places, but the experience we had with R&S was fantastic, we had a wonderful holiday.

Room Tip: The basement room is quiet but smaller, the upstairs rooms have lovely mezzanine area, but not so go...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

This is a nice property, well decorated & a nice layout but we stayed in 'The Pleney' room at the front of the property & I found it quite noisy (I am quite a light sleeper) but even the refrigerated lorry parked out the front for 15-20 mins at about 4.30am one morning, woke my husband up & that is near impossible! I only actually had 1/2 complete nights sleep the whole week as I was awoken by the snow plough early each morning at the beginnning of the week & then, like I say, a refrigerated lorry towards the end of the week & once that had gone, at about 5am the receycling lorry! I appreciate that it is on a main road & we knew that & it is a great location for getting about but felt that anyone else that may be a light sleeper would like to know this. Also in our room we had the mezzanine floor with 2 beds on & we were told this would be fine for adults. Luckily it was just for our 6 yr old son as there is no way I would have wanted to stay up there. It had very steep steps upto it (which I did worry about a little with our son) & only about 3 ft of headroom to actually get into the room. You could stand up in 1 place once up there but you did have to crawl on hands & knees at first, at the top of the stairs. The other thing I would say is that it would have been nice for the games room to have some comfy seating & maybe a dvd player for the children as the younger ones in our group wanted to watch a dvd but the one in the main room wasn't working & it would have been better for the adults anyway, if they could have watched it in the games room whilst we were upstairs having dinner. We also felt (we went with my sisters family & there were another couple with a young boy), that although the chef was brilliant & cooked us some gorgeous meals, the meals he cooked for the children were just too fancy. We did say at the beginning of the week that they would be happy with spag bol, cottage pie, etc but just made food that was a little gussy for them. Finally, we did all feel that the chalet staff although very nice, didn't seem to be very accomodating. The one that used to drive the bus could be quite short with us by saying you have to be ready by this time or I will not take you. I fully appreciate that he didn't want to be ferrying us round all day but could have been a bit more lenient. One day he said we had to be in the mini bus with our boots on & all our gear by 10.30am or he wouldn't take us. We were in the boot room ready by 10.30 but he was busy hoovering upstairs, we stood outside so that he could see we were ready but did not come out so we got the public bus. Also, on a couple of occassions some of the rooms hadn't been cleaned & we were told it was because people were still in them but the lady never started cleaning the rooms til about 10am & we were allways all gone from the chalet by 10.30 each day, usually earlier. I do feel that most of these points are not complaints but things that could possibly be improved on, they did not really impact on our holiday at all. If you accept that the front rooms can be a bit noisy & if your young children are happy with the food & to stay in the main room with the adults in the eve then it is great.

Room Tip: Have a room at the back of the chalet or apparantly the couple downstairs(room next to games room) d...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

rideslide, Owner at Ride & Slide - Chalet Madosa, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of your stay at Chalet Madosa, all customer feedback is very much appreciated.

I’m sorry to hear you had disturbed sleep during your stay. You are the first guest we’ve had in three years of operating this chalet that has mentioned any disruption by vehicles passing. Obviously things such as snow ploughs, deliveries to a hotel further down the road and passing of recycling lorries are outside of our control.

We fully inform our guests who are booking mezzanine rooms regarding the access onto the mezzanines via our website. In addition we have clear photographs on the site showing the height whilst on the mezzanine and the steepness of the stair cases up to the mezzanines.

We have had many children and adults stay on the mezzanines (adults who book to stay on a mezzanine bed pay a reduced rate). All are fully informed before they book regarding the space available and the height restrictions so I am a little confused why you felt lucky that only your child was on there (as that was what you had booked) and why you were surprised by the size/space of the mezzanines. I am aware you booked your holiday with us via a travel agency so I wonder if you hadn’t looked at our website?

We were made aware during your stay that the DVD player in the lounge had broken and we replaced this the same day. In addition, there was always a DVD player in the games room – it’s part of the games console that is down there which also has a huge number of films built in to it.

Thank you for your feedback regarding comfy seating in the games room – we have found through previous guest feedback that the comfy seating we had in there was disruptive to the use of the games room for the free pool table and the majority of our guests have preferred to have the pool table in use rather than more sofas. We will keep asking our guests for feedback on the use of the Pool/Games room to ensure we are offering what is required.

We always aim to cater for all dietary requirements and it’s great to hear that you enjoyed the adults food so much. For the children we are obviously very aware of how important it is on a ski holiday keep children fueled and reports back from the kitchen were that all of the children were eating very well and clearing their plates most evenings. As your group had not taken exclusive use of the chalet the menu offered has to provide a balance for the requirements of all guests staying there.

Jordan was your chalet host for the week who also covered the driving duties. We offer a minibus service to the lifts in the morning up until 10:30 – after this time our team do need to either be carrying out other duties or indeed having their own down time as unfortunately we cannot keep them working 24 hours a day! We are always as flexible as possible on the timings although sometimes people do need to be reminded that we do have to finish the morning service at a certain point in order to carry out other tasks.

For the morning where you were ready but chose to take the free ski bus from just opposite the chalet I am surprised that as a group which included 6 adults one of you did not just pop your head in the door to tell Jordan (the one that used to drive the bus) you were ready to go and rather relied on him possibly seeing you out of a window?

The lady that cleaned your rooms was Zoe, she was your chalet hostess for the whole week. On a number of occasions during the week Zoe was unable to gain access to some bedrooms to clean them due to people still being in them (we were also in the chalet on a number of occasions after 10.30 and rooms were still occupied). This is often the case and during your week as with all weeks of the season, if someone is still in their room they are given the option to have the room cleaned later in the day when Zoe returns to her duties in the afternoon. This was declined by members of your group so I am surprised this is something you have raised when you did have the option to have the rooms cleaned? If you had said yes to the offer of having the rooms cleaned in the early afternoon before you returned from skiing then they would have been.

Previous feedback this season regarding Zoe & Jordan has been nothing short of exceptional with the most often used phrase being ‘nothing was too much trouble’. It’s unfortunate you did not feel the same way.

I am very pleased that overall you found the holiday to be an enjoyable experience and thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. It’s a great facility for our guests to see what other guests think of the chalet and we do appreciate fair and honest reviews.

Jonathan
Ride & Slide
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

I have stayed with Ride & Slide on two previous occasions at one of their other chalets and have always been impressed by the quality of service provided. I was pleased to find that nothing has changed in the 2 years since I last visited Morzine. The staff were courteous and helpful and nothing was too much trouble. The food was fantastic with a very varied menu which catered to all tastes. If I choose to Ski in Morzine again I wouldn't even consider staying with anyone else.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Just got back from a snowboard camp held at Chalet Madosa. Food and accommodation were great, and i was particularly glad of the hot tub after a hard day in the snow park with the Our Camp team. Hosts could not have been more helpful in sorting out my snowboard bindings - Thanks Jordan. It's our second time at Ride and Slide and Chalet Guytaume is just as good. Many of the other holdaymakers were also returning for a second if not fifth time. Now i'm just dreaming of the improvements i might make next time, as i watch the Olympic slope style events.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
rideslide, Front Office Manager at Ride & Slide - Chalet Madosa, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thank you so much for all the positive reviews we have received recently, its great to know that we are getting it right in every way and its also great for the Team at Ride & Slide Chalet Madosa to see such positive reviews in print.

Once again thanks for choosing to come and stay with us I do hope we see you back here again next year!
Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

stayed there doing a snowboard camp and really enjoyed my stay. I was very happy with everything. Staff friendly and very helpful. Food was very good, lovely the chalet, good location
Ride and slide do a great job and the chalet host could not be more helpful. would certainly recommend. they really do seem to have thought of everything

Room Tip: Great staff ,great food, great place Good times would certainly stay there again
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Ride & Slide - Chalet Madosa? Share your experiences!