“Great staff and incredible food!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chalet Le Nantegue

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Morzine
Chalet Le Nantegue
1137 Route de la Plagne, Morzine, France   |
Ranked #24 of 40 Morzine B&B and Inns
Preston, England, United Kingdom
“Great staff and incredible food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Me and my bro stayed here for 10 days this July to go biking and were very impressed with the food and the friendliness of the staff. It's not the most luxurious, which you wouldn't expect for the price! But if you need a cheap place to stay with huge portions of very tasty food and a self service bar then this is the place for you!
We kept our bikes in the garage and had no problems.
We will definitely be staying here again and would recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

10 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in the chatel in July this year rooms are standard and what you would expect considering the cost. Would defiantly stay here again location is slightly out of town and takes about 15mins to get into town but is a nice walk to see the scenary and catch the local atmosphere. Staff were amazing here never experienced such down to earth and would do anything you ask them to bar the staff member called Craig, after asking him to constantly make me my lunch he eventually makes it but does take some persuasion and bribery. Overall would defiantly stay here again and would recommend it to anyone looking for a friendly down to earth place to stay! Ps Hugo who lives at the chatel was also very helpful and was always around to help with any needs even though he did not work there top man!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Very good value for money offering the basic services at a good price. If your looking for a place to stay that has nice 3 course meals, fried breakfasts and a simple room offering all you need then this is the place.

The staff are really friendly and go to any extend to make your stay a happy one.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Stayed at the Nantigue a number of times and have always been happy with what was offered.
Staff are helpfull, friendly and extremely hardworking.
Yes would agree that the accommodation and facilities are basic but they are always clean.
Food is well cooked and plenty full, beer is self service and cold and the bbq's are the highlight of the week!
I had a family emergency during one of my stays and the staff especially Doug could not do enough for me, with regards to transfers back to Geneva to fly home.

If you want 5 star accomodation stay elsewhere and save your poor reviews.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Oslo, Norway
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

My stay at the Nantegue is probably my worst holiday ever. First of all they didn't pick me up as arranged at Geneva airport. After waiting for almost an hour I called the transfer company, and after a bunch of frantic calls it turned out that Ski Morzine, the owners of the Nantegue filed to inform the transfer company of my arrival. By the time all these phone calls were over I had been waiting an hour and a half. Then I was stranded in Geneva having to find accomodation Friday night.

Saturday I again made my way out to the airport and was finally taken to the Nantegue. The rooms are relatively cheap and you get what you pay for. Servicing your room basically means that they make your bed and put toilet cleaner in the toilet. There is no through cleaning of the room or bathroom. We visited the Nantegue once before in 2010 - during a 2 week stay they did not once clean our bathroom, despite our requesting this.

A few days later my bike was stolen from the Nantegue. On their website they advertise "safe and secure lockup" so I thought all was good but brought a lock for good measure. My bike was locked in their locked garage and was stolen together with another bike. The manager claimed this was opportunistic and that one of the guests probably left the door open. However the only two bikes that were stolen were locked, whilst there were a number of other downhill bikes that were not locked. It is not as though you just walk around with a pair of bolt cutters, so it seemed this theft was planned. At the same time we discovered that the Nantegue hadn't changed the lock code on the door for over a year. When faced with these issues the manager was extremely arrogrant, and denied any liability whatsoever: When I asked how he could maintain that the chaltet was "safe and secure" he stated "I think it is" - "but how can you say that when bikes are getting stolen". This kind of summarised the discussion - round and round without going anywhere. He was just as unfriendly when I said that my insurance would only cover 1/3 of the price of the bike and whether they would be willing to cover some of the cost. Not at all.

So ultimately I spent a lot of money not to get picked up at the airport and to have my bike stolen. Never Ever stay at the Nantegue or with Ski Morzine - do so at your and your wallet's peril!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Been to Chalet Le Nantegue? Share your experiences!