“Brilliant times to be had.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of TGski Chalet Holidays

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Morzine
TGski Chalet Holidays
You added TGski Chalet Holidays to your Saves list
420 Route des Encoches, 74110 Morzine, France   |
Ranked #42 of 117 Specialty Lodging in Morzine
“Brilliant times to be had.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012 via mobile

The host Lucy looked after us like a pro. Felt so welcome and homely. Shame we had to come home at the end of the week.

• Stayed March 2012

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

We stayed in Chalet Amis this year. It was our first time with TG ski and definitely not our last.
Sam and Henri were the perfect chalet hosts and although we didn't avail of the ski guides, the reports from others in the chalet were great.
It was a very friendly atmosphere and the birthday celebrations for one of the members of our chalet were made incredible by Henri and Sam and the birthday girl had 'one of the best birthdays ever' with a champagne breakfast, a beautifully decorated chalet and a scrumptious birthday cake.
Thank you to all at TG ski for making it an incredible week to remember.

Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

Tg ski offered really great service. We have just had one of the best ski holidays ever. ok the ski conditions were fantastic which helped.
We stayed in the Petit Amis, the chalet staff and service couldn't have been better.
The staff were very friendly and helpful, nothing was too much bother, tea in bed in the morning, excellent breakfast catering for all tastes, transported to and from the slopes on request, hot tub, and a quality meal with selected wines and port.
The chalet was clean and well maintained. The hot tub broke down on the second day, but this was quickly repaired and up and running within a couple of days.
We had good communication with TG ski before the holiday and we took up their recommendations for ski hire and airport transfer, these were both really good services. Skis were fitted on arrival at the chalet at a very competitive price. What's more I got the skis I asked for which I have never had before when pre booking with the bigger companies. Good recommendation.
Overall I couldn't fault the service or chalet. Great job!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

I recently stayed with TG Ski and have had the best skiing holiday to date.

The chalet (Amie) was comfortable and welcoming and kept immaculately clean, the food was a delight, and the hosts bent over backwards to accommodate our every need.

THe whole experience was consistently exellent with orignial quirks, like the lipbalms and goggles wipes on your bed at arrival, or the delicious cakes to await your return from the pistes.

I cannopt recommend it highly enough and will definately be returning in the future.

Well done TG Ski, Sam and Henry we had a great week!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

What a place to stay for a ski holiday! The whole package was just spot on. Chalet staff were both friendly, fun and yet professional. The food was amazing and it felt like we were eating out at a high end restaurant every evening. The hot tub and sauna were a bonus and the views of the night skiing and fireworks on the mountain whilst supping some bubbly just made the experience even more worthwhile.

Sam and Henri, our chalet hosts were amazing! thank you.

We had a group of 21 of us staying in the chalet which was catered for extremely well. We even had private shuttles to and from the slopes every morning and afternoon.

Afternoon tea and cake was a god send....delicious carrot cake and brownies...mmmmmm Some of us even had hot drinks made for us in bed in the mornings.

I don't know where to stop, but if I could give it 10 stars I would! Thanks TG. xx

Alderley Edge, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

I stayed in TG ski's Chalet Amis for the first time in January after a recommendation from a friend. From the moment we arrived, our hosts Sam and Henri were on hand to answer any of our questions, deal with our queries and supply us with copious amounts of tea and cake-nothing was too much effort for them.
The chalet itself was lovely-it was huge! We had the best of both worlds-great views overlooking the pretty town but at the same time the bars, cafes and shops were less than a 10 minute walk away.Plus we had our own shuttle service to take us to and from the slopes.

Our evenings couldn't have been better, the food was delicious and plentiful (I wrote down the choc pot recipe to make myself!) and the abundance of wine went down a treat (much to my liver's dismay)
Overall I couldn't have asked for a better week, which flew by far too fast! Our expectations were surpassed and I can't wait to go back again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
London, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

It may seem a little harsh to give my stay at Chalet Amis in Morzine a rating of 2 from 5 but it boasted so many elements that just did not really deserve the "luxury" tag. Between the 18 people in the chalet we had paid around £17k for the pleasure, yet small things that should of just were not. The TV and DVD emitted a really bad hum whenever you tried watching it (the wiring that hung from the wall like electronic jungle vines laid cause to why), The Wifi signal was intermittent at best and to get a signal you had to loiter in the stair well between the living area and the 1st floor where their office was.
In addition (and my main gripe) was that the food just was not up to standard of a “luxury” chalet. The chalet host were lovely, but by no means cooks, let alone chefs and I could not help but feel sorry for them as they struggled with the load of managing the cleaning and maintenance of the chalet as well as the cooking requirements that they were asked to achieve – I have stayed at a number of chalets in the French Alps and it’s the 1st time I have seen the chalet hosts having to chef as well – this was obviously too much as the menu was bland and normally presented to us later than was expected.
The other main issue I had was that the beds were miniscule, I am not a giant at 6’ 2” but found myself doing hand plants every five minutes to stay in the bed which was compounded by the fact the under floor heating was sent to “melt” an issue which haunted us all week. Seemingly no one at TG ski knew how to turn down. Nice chalet but for the money I would have expected theses small issues and the general lack of accessibility to transfers to the lifts from the chalet (which is on top of a hill) to have been more accommodating. If they could just spend a week on some of the finishing (seems as though it has been rushed) and get a chef in to cook between the couple of chalets they have it would be one small step towards “luxury”

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Been to TGski Chalet Holidays? Share your experiences!