“What more can you say other than ... AMAZING” 5 of 5 stars
Review of rudechalets - Chalet Chapelle

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Morzine
rudechalets - Chalet Chapelle
You added rudechalets - Chalet Chapelle to your Saves list
Morzine Town Centre, Morzine, France   |
Ranked #36 of 130 Specialty Lodging in Morzine
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“What more can you say other than ... AMAZING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Just arrived back after 4weeks in Chappelle
Where to start, the place is amazing in such a great location just down the road from the super morzine lift which allows access to the whole area ( much easier than Prodans ).
The rudechalets hosts ( Sam, Becs, Rich and Emma upstairs ) made you feel at home and always gave 110% into making your stay a holiday to remeber and the food was great with fresh cakes on the table after the ski down at the end of the day.
Becs in the offcie made booking hassel free and helped with every aspect of the holiday so we are truely greatful.
Not forgetting Dan's ski and board waxing which went down a treat ready for some more action the next day.

I would recommend Rudechalets and particualy chappelle, to anyone who wants to stay in morzine, the vaired groups and familiy's that fill up the 10 rooms added for some great conversation at the dinner table and of course on dance central on the Xbox's.

Definatey worth a trip !

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Dorking, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Having been a Chalet host and Chef the season before I was looking forward to experiencing chalet life from the other side and boy was it good! All courtesy of Rude Chalets

Hassle free booking from start to end and communication with Rebecca was excellent. The Transfer arranged was brilliant, very quick and dropped me right at the chalet and returned me right back to Geneva Airport. Now where do I start with Grand Chapelle. The Hosts Becks and Rich were superb, very attentive from start to finish and knowledgeable of the whole resort. If I was a ski company I wouldn't hesitate to employ them! Rooms were clean everyday and their enthusiasm across the week was admirable, to boot I now would call them good friends and look forward to visiting again!

Sam the Chef was the first to greet me, offer me a cup of tea and hand me the best Choc Chip Cookies I have ever had. The food during the week didn't disappoint in fact it was fantastic. Portion sizes were perfect and to cook for 20 odd grown ups everyday was not far off a miracle. The Pork belly especially was a highlight along with the Saturday night curry.

I can not thank the three enough for making a seven day holiday go so well. After a stressful time at work, this has been a much needed rest, all be it skiing and drinking 24/7

Well Done Rude, will be booking again, make sure you keep Sam, Becks and Rich for next year! Roll on 2014

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Hassle free booking process and excellent communication from Rebecca who looks after the admin side of things for the Morzine chalets. All queries and questions were answered straightaway. No hassles either on arrival at Geneva and finding our transfer.

The chalet is in a great location in a quiet area within an easy walk of both Super Morzine and Pleney lifts and easy access to shops and bars of village centre.

On arrival we met our 3 hosts who were friendly, helpful and made us welcome from the off. We were early for our rooms but could avail ourselves of the lounge, tea/coffee and the lovely chocolate cookies and we could leave all our luggage while we wandered into town.

The food was excellent throughout our stay - more than enough for breakfast, delicious 3 course evening meals (a special mention for the belly pork! )and fab cakes at tea time. Packed lunches were sorted for us and were filling and cheap. The unlimited wine was a bonus as well as a well stocked honesty bar. A special effort was also made for my partner who's wheat sensitivity was catered for without a problem - extending to wheat free cakes at tea time and wheat free croissants at breakfast. A nice touch was a wheat free birthday cake for my partners 40th which was created in secrecy and iced by our daughters.

Our very comfortable bed made sleep easy and the bathroom was spotless. The shower is worth a mention as its power and warmth were perfect after a day on the snow. Sauna and hot tub were also a welcome asset, being clean and well maintained and never overcrowded.

All in all a great chalet, with really nice hosts and we would recommend Rudechalets without hesitation.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival we proceeded with a tour of the building to familiarise all the communal areas. The layout of the building was slightly challenging with a number of coded doors and stairways to combat between the bedrooms and rest areas.

The table football was a nice touch and cakes and biscuits for afternoon tea. We were also impressed with the sauna.

The bedrooms were a little dusty in corners and the single beds were a little small in length and breadth for anyone over 5ft 6. It would have also been nice to have had our hosts anticipate the fact that two lads were lipping together and the two single beds needed to be apart.

The evening meal was well cooked and the three hearty courses filled satisfacturally filled the hole that skiing and boarding Left. The highlights being delicious slow roast pork and salmon rissotto.

On a less positive note the boys got the impression the hosts were a little battle weiry and were a little on the robotic side... I would never suggest to any client to wash their own dishes on their day off!! I would suggest if the hosts had offered an extra 10% then that would have made all the difference. There was a suggestion of accusation as to where the goats cheese had disappeared and perhaps such a thing would be raised at school...I would never start probing the client for answers...that's just plain rude.

I would also suggest the host should exercise a little discretion when preparing the breakfast at 7 in the morning.. The noise of pots and pans and clanging and banging of the microwave oven was completely unacceptablle for guests sleeping down the corridor near the kitchen. I would suggest a door needs to be installed along the corridor to act as a sound barrier.

To sum the experience up I would say we were underwhelmed and in some cases a bit shocked

• Stayed April 2012
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We shared the Petite Chalet Chapelle with our friends/family (9 people.. 5 children). Right from the start Rebecca and her RudeChalet team helped make our holiday plans come together. Every query was answered efficiently and they made every effort to meet our requirements. The chalet was private, quiet and about 10 minutes on foot from the slopes (Free P buses run every 20-30 mins). The chalet was very clean and the 3 course meal served nightly was delicious after a day on the slopes (thanks to Emma our host). We loved the little touches (a high tech chalet, free Wifi, Xboxes, transfers, ski hire delivered/collected, cake, bottomless wine glasses!). A day on the slopes with Zach making a DVD of our memories was a also a lovely touch.
I would definitely recommend this chalet and my only suggestion would be installing a washing machine (a plus when you are travelling with young children).
A big thumbs up over all from us.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Sunningdale, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We are a large group of friends who go away every year. There are 18 of us and we have stayed all over the world. This year we stayed at Grande Chapelle in the last week of Jan and it was superb!
The chalet itself is really spacious and was therefore perfect for our large group ( mainly consisting of lanky chaps with long limbs), it has two living rooms so one which can be used to be a quiet room and another which was used a lot for movies, x-boxing and general rowdiness.
The rooms were clean, the bathrooms were big and the dining area comfortably fit 20 people.

The service throughout our experience from booking to after care was spot on and all the staff were friendly and warm. The hosts in particular were brilliant. They were knowledgeable about the resort which was helpful as we had never been to Morzine before and they really joined in the group. The food was delicious and the portions were huge, many people gave birth to food babies. Importantly, the hosts were so clean. The chalet and our rooms were serviced daily to a high standard.

I would recommend Morzine as a destination to anyone. Our group had such a mix of abilities so it was hard to please them but everyone came away loving it! The beginners could have lessons in the morning, only a short walk away and chill in the chalet's hot tub in the afternoon and the more hardcore skiers and boarders could stay out all day and have somewhere great to recover.

On the way home, at least half the group said they wanted to rebook next year and in 10 years of holidaying together no one has said that to me before. As a group leader for so many it is such a pressure to get it right but I came out smelling of vin chaud because the staff, chalet and resort did all the hard work for me.

We will be back to Morzine, Rude Chalets and probably Grande Chapelle next January.
Best.Holiday.Ever.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I had been skiing with Rude before with my family and decided to book again for our first Company ski trip. It did not disappoint. We will be back next year.You get a very personal service where your specific requirements can be accommodated. A real delight.
The food was even better than I remember and all our guests had a great time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to rudechalets - Chalet Chapelle? Share your experiences!