“A great evening with fantastic food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Hertford, United Kingdom
“A great evening with fantastic food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

6 of us (inc 2 children) ate here on a mid-week night in teh Feb half term. We booked a table in advance and had a great table near a fire. The menu was extensive and the children's selection was excellent - my youngest had a medium fillet steak and absolutely loved it. We all had perfect meals with great service. I've only given 4 stars as we paid around 200 Euro - but that included x2 bottles of wine and other drinks, but given the state of the pound it worked out quite expensive. There is a set 3 course menu with options on courses that works out around 28 Euro - which is v good value. The waiter was excellent and the cheese board was amazing - local cheeses are excellent. I'd thoroughly recommend.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good food and good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Chose this after looking at other reviews and we weren't disappointed. As advised we shared a starter as the portions were large. I had the duck shepherds pie which was very tasty and my partner had loin of pork which was also delicious. We were too full for pudding but the complimentary hot rum that came with my coffee was lovely. Also nice was being able to order a half bottle of wine at a reasonable price. Very nice atmosphere and friendly service.

Visited February 2013
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Amazing food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

A group of 6 of us stumbled across this place by chance on our first night in Morzine, the food (steak in my case) was simply superb - so much so that we tried book later in the week but we were out of luck due to it being Feb half term (very busy!)

Definitely one restaurant to try if you are in Morzine. Only slight downside was that service was a little slow at times - at one point I had to go to the bar to get a drink - our table was a bit out of the way and seemed to be slightly overlooked, however other than this minor niggle it was a great dining experience.

Dublin, Ireland
“Pretty average, no flair and a bit dark.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I don't get what all the fuss is about. La Grange is perfectly average. The main room struck me as very dark and real old world. A bit too dark for my taste. Our food was average (I don't mean poor - just average and I would expect better as the restaurant is in France after all). I didn't think there was much flair in or out of the kitchen to be honest.
Just ok. I was not sufficiently inspired to go back. Service deserves a mention - our server was from Twikenham and was very pleasant and chatty.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Good food, large portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Had a lovely evening at this very welcoming restaurant. Food was excellent quality and good value. Really nice atmosphere and were made to feel very welcome with our two children.

• Visited February 2013