We stayed at the H.I. Express near the Marseille Airport Oct. 23 to Oct 31. This is an excellent value. The property is very new and well appointed. Rooms were clean and of adequate size. The bath was exceptional, considering French hotels in general are not nearly as well equipped. We enjoyed our stay immensely. The hotel is walking distance to Vitrolle train stop, and there is shuttle service to both train and airport 24 hours/day. At the airport shuttle stop, one simply presses a button for the H.I. and it connects directly. Service was always quick and pleasant. The staff are friendly and helpful, and most speak excellent English. Breakfast was typical with various breads, yogurt, cereal, coffee and juice. On occasion one of the two coffee machines was inoperative. A snack/small evening meal is available each evening, but very limited choices. Otherwise, there are only vending machines available, unless you travel into Marseille or another city to eat. We chose this hotel because of our particular itinerary, needing access to train and to local bus services from the airport. Everything worked just as we planned. We traveled to Marseille, Aix-en-Provence, Avignon, Arles, Nimes, Orange. The location of the hotel may not work for some travelers. It is not in the town of Vitrolle, and there is no access to markets or shops or restaurants (except what is available at nearby hotels and the airport, which is next to nil), but for those with a car rental or with a train/bus itinerary, it may be just about perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at Marseille Provence Airport, the newly built Holiday Inn Express is ideally located for your business trips or for discovering the beautiful Provence.Holiday Inn Express Marseille Provence Airport welcomes you in one of its brand new room, fully equipped with a working space, LCD TV, satellite channels and entertainment system, individually controlled air conditioning. The Holiday Inn Express Marseille Provence Airport also offers complementary breakfast, complimentary Internet and 24 hours free airport shuttle.The Holiday Inn Express Marseille Provence Airport is located down the road to the airport, a few steps from the Vitrolles Train Station taking you to Marseille City Center in 15 minutes, and 10 minutes from the TGV Train Station Aix en Provence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Marseille-Provence Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Louisiana Hotel Vitrolles
- Holiday Inn Express Marseille-Provence Airport France/Vitrolles