“A nice meal” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“A nice meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Enjoyed a meal in this restaurant, staff friendly and helpful. Can recommend the seafood here, also the crepes.

Visited July 2013

Farnham, United Kingdom
“Really disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

It seems only a few months ago that I wrote, "I will unhesitating visit again and indeed I look forward to trying something different from the menu." I do not know what has happened in the meantime but the service was very slow, the food was just ordinary. I started with the assiette nordique, my wife had the pain perdu with foie gras (18 euros). The foie gras was as disappointing as the nordique assiette was boring (and at 11 euros for the starter). For main course I had an entrecote steak (22 euros), my wife the filet de dorade (sea bream) (15 euros). Both were cooked well but unimaginatively presented. It was as if the chef had left and been replaced by a reasonably good cook.

I do not look forward to returning. Unless La Jabotiere is closed I doubt I will ever return.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tayport, United Kingdom
“Slow start, poor welcome but great food in a classy setting. Pricey!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We did call to book whilst on a short stay at Hotel Belle vue. When we arrived the waiter didn't seem to know that we had a reservation at all. Still we were seated immediately at a nice table. Sadly, we were there for twenty five minutes before we were offered anything. No appero or water was put on the table but the amuse-bouche was forthcoming after about fifteen minutes. When another waiter turned up things improved hugely! The service was lovely, the food was excellent, the wine was an outstnding Crozes Hermitage for 33 Euros amd was served at a perfect temperature. The starters were excellent, the filet de boeuf was great for 20 euros. We didn't have desserts - no room. We did imagine that there would be a bigger choice of fish to have. Lots of seafood was going out and it all looked amazing. The restaurant interior is modern and very stylish. Presentation was beautiful and accompaniments were well chosen. Total bill was 140 Euros for two but we did have a glass of champagne each and liqueurs too. Would definitely go back!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lutterworth, United Kingdom
“Great menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

We were a party of nine who have just ate at this restaurant and we all had a great time and would certainly recommend it. The menu offered a varied and excellent choice of seafood and meat dishes including a couple of choices for our nine year. The choice of deserts was also well received. The service was a little slow but our waiter was very friendly and helpful. Eat here, we're confident you won't be disappointed.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Farnham, United Kingdom
“An excellent alternative to La Jabotiere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

We wanted to sit outside with our small dogs (it was much too hot to leave them in the car) and noticed the very attractive outside dining area at this excellent restaurant with a very modern decor. We normally dine at La Jabotiere (next the the casino) but "61" is a brilliant alternative, if just a bit more expensive. Every dish was well cooked and beautifully presented. We eat tartare of salmon, skate wing salad, confit of duck, durade (sea bream) and finished with profiteroles and a cafe gourmand. All washed down with a vin de pays charantais (rose). The bill was 77 euros for two people.

• Visited May 2012