“Best value in Dieppe” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: European, Bar, Wine Bar
Manchester
“Best value in Dieppe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

We visited Dieppe for the first time but disappointed to find eating out more expensive than the places we go to in the UK. We were charged 8 euros 40 for two small beers and the wine was more expensive than we thought it would be . The restaurants were very busy. There were plenty of set price menus but all the dishes seem to come with chips. We had mussels on the first night but did not want to pay out for very expensive fish dishes. We said the French holidaying in Britain must think our pub chains and privately owned restaurants offering early bird deals brilliant value.
On the last day we found a little cafe bar Le Bordeaux, 3 Rue Duquesne offering meal of day for less than seven euros. We went in and had a lovely glass of Bordeaux wine 2 euros a glass which came with tapas of cheese.................reminded us of the Spanish restaurants. My husband had absolutely delicious and filling stuffed peppers with fresh bread which I wish that I had ordered. My Croque Monsieur was not over priced but not as good as the ones I make at home. We had another glass of wine each plus coffee. The young owner was very pleasant and welcoming. He deserves to do well. I could now say that not everywhere was overpriced for the tightwads.

• Visited July 2011