To celebrate my wife's 40th birthday, after much deliberation, we decided that the mix of space in apartment and facilities provided was perfect for us - and so it proved.
We traveled with two small boys (3.5 and 2) and wanted to have separate rooms with some cooking facilities so we were not reliant on catered solutions. We booked a 2 bed apartment and were upgraded to a beachfront cottage - which was very spacious and perfectly placed so we were only a short distance from the beach, while being quite safe (balcony fully enclosed) for our two boys to run about without us worrying that they would disappear into the sea.
Staff were friendly and helpful. Food (from the Bay restaurant) was delicious and on a couple of occasions we had it by "room service" - allowing us to eat in our own apartment and not need to worry about babysitting. On the occasion that we did ask for a babysitter, that worked very well too.
A real highlight for us was trips to Green Island - where there are deserted beaches and wonderful snorkeling - though we were (correctly) warned that boats on a round-the-island trip stop there from about 11.15 and destroy the peace for a couple of hours.
We did not use the sailing facilities but they looked like a real plus for anyone wanting to get out on the water with minimum effort the provision looked wonderful. A variety of boats on offer and all rigged for you. We were able to borrow sea kayaks at no cost.
The location is somewhat remote and, if you want to get about the island, I suggest you take the resort's suggestion and use Vernon's car hire - we were met at the airport, provided with a decent 4x4 (RAV 4) with suitable car seats. If not for the full time, I think they can also provide vehicles or chauffeured services directly from the resort.
Beaches - the resort beach is quiet but is not the best the island has to offer in terms of golden sand and views. Nearby (10 minutes drive) Half Moon Bay is spectacular and offers good snorkeling. Long Bay Beach (25 minutes drive) is also wonderful and has more "life" as well as an easily accessible reef for snorkeling.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nonsuch Bay Resort nestles in forty exotic acres of the stunning bay carved out of the southeast of Antigua; embraced by lush tropical hills, a uniquely private and serene setting, a tranquil haven and home to wildlife including dolphins and turtles. Pure relaxation is blended with out-an-out adrenalin, and the finest luxuries with the simplest of pleasures. Resort facilities comprise a dramatically positioned restaurant, 3 infinity swimming pools, seclude sandy beach, 20 sailboats and tuition, kitesurfing, windsurfing, SUPs and spa treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Nonsuch Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nonsuch Bay Hotel Freetown
- Nonsuch Bay Resort Antigua/Freetown