“Fantastic views” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Dolanog B&B and Inns
Staines, United Kingdom
“Fantastic views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed for a week. Beautiful location with views from bedroom, breakfast area & outside on raised balcony. Interesting birds on the feeders including nuthatch & yellowhammer. Not far from RSPB Lake Vyrnwy.
Room & breakfast excellent. Good size room & en-suite.
The village of Dolanog has no pub or shop so a drive is necessary to the nearest facilities. Believe evening meals are available but we did not try these.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Holmbury St Mary, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

My husband & I stayed at the Dolanog with our two babies in the extremely comfortable & decoratively furnished "family apartment". The B&B is located in beautiful, peaceful countryside not too far from the town of Welshpool & stunning Powys Castle. Hosts Sue & John were so warm and friendly that our little boy ended up calling them "granny & grandad"! What's wonderful about this couple is that they are always there if you need them but they are never intrusive. Sue's breakfasts are delicious. We'll definitely be coming here again. Outstanding value for money, more than we could have wished for.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here as a stopover on a long journey. We arrived late, which was absolutely no trouble at all for these fantastic hosts. We felt genuinely welcomed into their home and the room was decorated to a very high standard.

Breakfast was a huge portion of sausage, bacon, and the rest.

Definitely stay again

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
UK and Worldwide
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I have to concur with other visitors and say that the Dolanog is an excellent B&B. I was made most welcome and immediately served tea and cake beside a window with a splendid outlook on fields and woods. My room was very spacious, and in fact, I was occupying two bedrooms and an en-suite bathroom really intended for the people. As a result, I paid something of a surcharge, but it was around the same sort of price I'd been playing in other places over the past number of days. Although there is free wi-fi, you have to read a comprehensive statement by 'Crime Wales' and sign a declaration before you get the access code. Every other place I've stayed offering wi-fi has taken a very casual approach. Breakfast was great, and I enjoyed a quick exploration of the village straight afterwards.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Crewe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Booked this as a surprise weekend away for my girlfriend. When we arrived we were pleasantly surprised by the warm welcome we were greeted with and the tea and homemade scones. Our room was amazing with the most absolutely gorgeous views of nature. It was just what we needed, peace, quiet and tranquility. Sue was lovely and catered to all of our needs, providing us with a beautiful full English breakfast along with good conversation. We have already recommended Dolanog to family members and are planning our next visit. Thank you for such a warm and welcoming stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Ayia Napa, Cyprus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Me and my girlfriend had a weekend stay at the donalog b&b and it was everything we was expecting and MORE. We wanted to get away from the hustle and bustle of Liverpool, with the rolling hills and beautiful walks at the doorstep of the b&b we couldn't of asked for more. The owners Sue and John was more than helpful and to be honest sue prepared food throughout the stay which could not be faulted, they are world class hosts. We have been all over the welsh countryside and I can honestly stay we will defiantly be re-visiting in the near future. Would recommend to anybody that just wants a relaxing and beautiful stay with a price that NOBODY could argue with!!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Alhambra, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for one night in September and wished we had stayed longer. Sue and John were so gracious and accommodating as they welcomed us into their home. The room and all facilities were very modern and superb. The breakfast was prepared to order. I would stay here again above all other choices.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Dolanog Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!