“High expectations definitely met” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: cafe/ deli fresh local food exciting specials delivering seasonal treats great coffee and scrumptious cakes available for special occasions bespoke menus a speciality great friendly service and stunning location.
Southport
“High expectations definitely met”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Lovely setting, relaxed atmosphere, great home made & locally produced food, reasonable prices, farm shop selling local produce. All done really well. Prices about right. Had a lovely meal here & recommend it highly. All the previous reviews singing its praises are well deserved.

• Visited September 2012

Swansea, United Kingdom
“An allseasons place to visit for good food and relaxation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Be sure to turn off at the sign just before the airport, and gain access to a haven of good food, friendly staff, and complete relaxation. Whether for breakfast or a late lunch, the food is simply the best you can hope to get on the Peninsular. One of the few places to offer local produce cooked to perfection. Get's my vote every time we visit.

• Visited July 2012
warminster
“Possibly the best food on the Gower”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Lovely little place with home made food cooked to order. I had a freshly made quiche with coleslaw and salad whilst my companion chose the lamb burger with hand cut chips. Both were delicious and we wished we had arrived earlier for breakfast too. Produce organically made/sourced, and for good measure you can birdwatch whilst you're eating! Super, welcoming staff. A great find.

Visited July 2012
Swansea, United Kingdom
“One of our favourite places to eat in on a Sunday - very relaxed .”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

I've started writing some reviews recently, as me ( early 40's ) ,my daughter ,( 10 yrs going on18) & my father ( late 70's ) have got into a very pleasant routine over the past year of visiting different places locally & have come to an opinion that if somewhere is doing something right, let's tell everyone about it!!
We've gone to the Wildflower Centre on a few occasions and have always thoroughly enjoyed the food.Last Sunday was no exception !
I made a very conscious decision for us to visit earlier than we normally do as the Gower beef burgers normally sell out.Thankfully on Sunday my father was able to order the Gower burger with chunky chips ( yes I had to have one!) absolutely lovely!
My daughter is a pasta expert & so had a child's portion of pasta ,cheese and olive oil was ordered , silence until the bowl was empty so, yes a definite success !
I had a quinoa and wild garlic burger which had a very subtle flavour and was delicious!! As I'm trying to watch my weight I asked for the bun not to be included and instead had a jacket potato with lots of fresh salad leaves.Tasty, filling & satisfying.
The staff are relaxed but attentive and were willing to accomodate my request about exchanging the bun & having the potato etc.
Again , ideal for us as there's plenty of seating choice with tables in/outside in the shade / sun and a gradual ramp to walk up to gain easy access.
Fresh vegetables are for sale , alongwith hanging baskets ( yes I had to have one .... looks gorgeous outside my house !) There is also a small pond in the grounds where we saw several bright blue dragonflies which was an added bonus.
My father isn't able to walk great distances so a tiny walk from the cafe /restaurant area to the viewing area & pond is again ideal for us.
The cafe was full when we went , with a variety of customers , couples , families with young children all enjoying their meals.
Within the centre there is also opportunity to buy local crafts such as stained glass, handmade cards , jewellery, wooden caft , and a deli area with local meats etc.
There is also a small area for very young children to chalk on the blackboard etc...
We always enjoy the atmosphere and we always take our time to have a little mooch around , birdwatch ectc whilst we're there.
My only grumble ? I think the signage should be bigger & more visible from the turning opposite the airport, and up Blackhills lane , as non local visitors might not find the centre very easily.
We'll be back !

• Visited May 2012
Swansea
“Outstanding food, relaxed atmosphere and friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

The Gower Wildflower offers high quality, organic food prepared in an open kitchen at very reasonable prices. The home made burgers were cooked to perfection, and after much testing by everyone at the table, it was unanimously agreed that the chips were the best any of us had tasted. There were two specials of the day - one was a pulled pork rissole (served with white beans and green lentils) that was fantastically meaty yet still melted in the mouth.

The piece of crackling that it was topped with was fought over by EVERYONE at the table.

The other special was chilli made with large pieces of tender beef, making a welcome change from the normal texture of mince. The surprise with this dish was the accompaniments - it came (amongst other things) with a sorbet of lime and chive which really was delicious!

Altogether, this was a really great meal - I will definitely be returning to sample their breakfast menu! Lovely location and really delicious food prepared by the skilled chef. Normally, I take photos of my food, but in this case, I was so excited when I saw it that I actually forgot to! Ah well, I'll just have to go back and try it all again... :)

• Visited April 2012