Last Saturday I arranged for 7 family members to have afternoon tea at Weston Manor Hotel, Weston on the Green. We were celebrating, a wedding anniversary and 2 birthdays so wanted something special. I had read some not quite so favourable reviews but had also read that The Manor was under new ownership and undergoing refurbishment so thought we would give it a go.
We received a very friendly welcome and waited for the rest of the party to arrive in the reception area where there was a roaring log fire. The General Manager, Christian, was professional and charming, and entertained us while we waited, telling us about the refurbishment and future plans.
Afternoon tea was taken in the Morning Room which was beautifully furnished and decorated. We were seated at a round table which was so much more social as we were all able to see and talk to each other. The table was in the window overlooking the garden which was lovely.
Our waiter for the afternoon was Charles who deserves a great deal of praise. He was professional yet friendly, knowing exactly when to appear and equally disappear. The 3 tiered cake stands held a selection of finger sandwiches, small cakes including rich chocolate, victoria sandwich and the most delcious pastry cup with raspberries, and warm scones. There was also clotted cream, jam and lemon curd. These were all replenished when needed. Stangely, one of the scones was rock hard but this was taken away and replaced.
Our choice of tea was The Manor Afternoon Delight and it was a delight. I think we drank 7 pots by the end of the afternoon!
All in all we had a wonderful visit to The Manor. I can thoroughly recommend the Afternoon Tea experience and will definitely consider going back, and maybe will try an evening meal next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in 12 tranquil acres of Oxfordshire countryside on the edge of the Cotswolds, offering the perfect environment for a variety of events, leisure breaks, celebrations, weddings, private parties, residential meetings/conference or team building. Country house with award-winning cuisine situated in the Manor Restaurant. Located just 2 miles from Junction 9 of the M40 off the A34, with 25 comfortable bedrooms and attentive service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your The Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Weston Manor Hotel Weston On The Green
- Weston Manor Oxford
- Weston Manor Hotel Oxford
- The Manor Weston On The Green, Oxfordshire, UK