Me and my boyfriend stayed at the Dashwood for two nights, as a base for visiting Oxford. The welcome we got was friendly and the room was delightful- a king sized bed, wooden beams and well decorated. There were all the touches you would expect in a good hotel- tea and coffee making facilities, a hairdryer (although I brought my own), TV, bathroom toiletries etc. The hotel is also situated in a beautifull village- I thought it was a romantic place! It was very quiet at night, we didn't really hear the other guests at all. The only negatives about the hotel were rather minor but I'll mention them. The TV was pretty small and we would have expected a bigger one. The welcome book in the room advertises the fact that DVDs can be rented from reception, however when I asked we found that only the 'deluxe' rooms have TVs with DVD players which was a bit disappointing as there wern't many channels on the TV. Also, the cleanliness wasn't spotless- there were a few makeup stains on the bedding and I noticed that the chambermaids neglected to clean the mirror in our room. It would also have been nice to have had a bath in the room. We didn't try the resturant because the meals were too expensive for us- main courses in the region of £15. Also we would have preferred simpler, rustic food- there was a lot of fancy fish dishes which we don't go in for- however there are several very nice pubs nearby so we managed to find something to eat.Overall I would definately recommend this hotel, its a very attractive building in a lovely area. The Park and Ride for Oxford is nearby and its easy to get into the city. However, I think that we felt we had value for money because we got the room at a discounted price of £75 a night as opposed to the usual price of £130 a night which we definately would not have paid!
- Also Known As:
- The Dashwood Hotel Kirtlington
- The Dashwood Hotel
- Dashwood Hotel Oxford
- Dashwood Restaurant Rooms And Bar Kirtlington, Oxfordshire
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestling in the beautiful North Oxfordshire village of Kirtlington 0X5 3HJ near Bicester, The Dashwood Hotel is a historic grade II listed coaching house now serving as a restaurant and bar with hotel rooms. The surrounding area offers a wealth of sights, activities and heritage with Oxford, Woodstock's Blenheim Palace and the popular Bicester Village Designer Outlet Shopping Centre all on the doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Dashwood Restaurant Rooms and Bar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.