“WHAT SERVICE!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Sunset Hills
Orlando, Florida, United States
“WHAT SERVICE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed at this location for training and from day one was given outstanding service. The front desk clerk Yolanda was professional and sweet. The maintenance guy Harry was very helpful and friendly. When i arrived my room was an older unit and had an older television which couldn't accommodate my gaming system. When i called the front desk they immediately moved me to a unit with a nice flat screen. This unit had been remodeled and was excellent. This location is in the process of an upgrade and it is going well.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Mickeah, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis SW Route 66, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Hello and thank you so much for your great review of your stay at our Holiday Inn Route 66 Our team takes a great deal of pride in making a fantastic memory for each of our guests.
I'm also delighted to see that you found our staff to be accommodating. I will make sure they are aware of your comments, especially Yolanda and Harry!

MIckea Hicks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Bowling Green, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This Holiday Inn is an older unit that is on the upswing. It is easy to see where some previous reviews were concerned with upkeep, however a lot of very recent renovations have recently been made and more are in the works. The sleeping rooms were fresh and newly carpeted. The lobby was clean and modern. The check in staff was friendly and professional.

Some areas like the exterior, elevators and pool tiles are a work in progress, but they have done a lot of nice things with an older building. The conference spaces were quiet and well equipped. A good value in a fairly expensive market.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your stay and the time to write a review. Im very happy to see you have noticed all the changes here at the property. We take pride in customer service, so its great when our customers notice. We look forward to being of service on your next trip to St. Louis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

My parents went to this hotel to book us 2 rooms for when we came in town to visit. This was in January 2013. They were shown a "show" room which had been updated. When we arrived our rooms were nothing like the one they had seen. They were outdated with terrible televisions with limited movie options, no room service, no fridge, dirty looking bathrooms and the carpet was wet (flooded?) in the hallway. When we tried to switch to the "updated" rooms that my parents had seen we were informed there were none. That was just a room to show what the new rooms would eventually look like! To make it worse, we were woken up at 7:30am to very loud banging, construction. The beds were comfortable, most of the staff were friendly. I would NOT stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013
Mickeah, Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis SW Route 66, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I certainly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.We are under a complete renovation and hope you will offer us the opportunity to provide you with an improved level of product quality and customer service on your next visit to St. Louis.

Mickea Hicks
Detroit MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I have stayed here twice now so I can't give this place a poor review (who would stay at a poor hotel twice). I stay here when I travel for work, it is in a good location for me to travel around the city and while this place is a good value it is only because the cost is low. The TV is an old tube TV that gets louder during commercials and gives a nice buzz when there is too much white on screen, the controller barely works, the wallpaper is coming off the walls and the windows are super drafty. I can not say that all the rooms are like this because I stayed in the same room both times. I suspect because I booked with priceline both times they may have a few priceline rooms if you know what I mean. I am not picky when I pay these rates, The bathroom and linens were clean and the bed is comfortable. Free wireless is nice and the attached restaurant has surprisingly good food and craft beers on tap.

Now I will give this hotel some credit because they are remodeling and I hope they will get around to the rooms eventually.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us! . By sharing your thoughts about your stay, and how we can improve, you are helping us to deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. Im excited to know that you have recongnized the changes made within the hotel and we will continue with the renovations until the hotel is complete. We hope you continue to stay with us on your visits to St. Louis and continue to share your thoughts with us.

Mickea Hicks
Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This hotel was very nice. The staff were all very friendly and went out of their way to accomodate us. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable to sleep in. It was also very quiet. It is in a nice location where you felt safe and easy to get to food places and shopping. They are in the process of remodeling but didn't effect us except our room had one of the hard to regulate heater systems so had problems sleeping, but they are replacing these. The pool and hot tub were also nice. My only complaint would be no free breakfast and the restaurant that service breakfast was a little expensive so we went elsewhere. I would stay here again especially for the service by the employees that I received.

Room Tip: We had a room that was on the lower level which was close to the door, swimming area, and easy parki...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Mickeah, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis SW Route 66, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Route 66. We pride ourselves on customer service! Im delighted to know our staff exceeded your expectations. Thank you for noticing our efforts and taking the time to compliment us. We look forward seenig you on your to your next visit to St. Louis.

Bullhead City, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

My husband and I were traveling from Michigan to Arizona after the holidays. We were tired and had been on the road all day. We usually trust the name Holiday Inn for quality. NOT THIS HOTEL!! We could barely get our luggage into the hotel with the aweful refvolving door that has no room to transfer luggage into the lobby. The room was down a maze of hallways that smelled of smoke. Problems with the key opening the door. After about the 5th attempt, the door finally opende. The door had NO deadbolt and had a gap all around that a Mac truck could have driven through. The door rattled and was not secure at all. It was on a busy street and we were jolted out of bed very early with pounding on our room wall due to remodeling. It had no frige or microwave. Outdated looking room with dirty looking carpeting. Bed was clean looking and comfortable. We went down to the lobby for breakfast. Well, no free, hot breakfast at a regular Holiday Inn. They had an on site cafe that served breakfast, but very expensive for a basic breakfast. We should have gone to Dennys, which was down the road. I could not get the key to work to go in and get our luggage upon check out. My husband even went down to the dest to have the key reset, and it still did not work. A sub contractor on the site, had to open our door to get our luggage to check out. This aweful room without breakfast included, cost about $145 total for one night. I could have stayed in a much better hotel for that much money. Don't stay here if you want quality.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Mickeah, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis SW Route 66, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Thank your for stay and review of our property. Please accept my sincere apologies for failing to provide the service and product we pride ourselves on during your stay. Our new owners and management see your comments as an opportunity for us to improve our hotel. I hope you will give us the opportunity to provide you with vastly improved experience on your next visit to St. Louis.

At Your Service,
Home
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

The most important thing to me is that I feel safe and the room is clean, this hotel was both. They are in the process of remodeling, which it needs, the staff were all very friendly.The bedding was clean and crisp, the shower was a bit worn but clean. If you want to save money and cleanliness and safety are important to you, this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Holiday Inn St. Louis SW Route 66? Share your experiences!