If you expect a Hyatt with your hotel stays, then that's where you should stay: a Hyatt. There are plenty of other hotels in this area, so it's not like you're just narrowed down to this one.
I needed a cheap motel for one night while in the Saint Louis area. This one was about $33 prepaid via the Days Inn web site. The reviews were a little disconcerting, but my general experience with TripAdvisor user reviews is that you have to use your own discretion.
I arrived in the evening after a long drive and an afternoon spent at the Gateway arch. It's about a 15-minute drive from Downtown with no traffic. The place was easy to find and had easy access to the interstate.
The "weird" comments are definitely spot on. The hotel reminds me of the Holidomes that I remember from when I was a kid, but this Days Inn Fundome (yeah, that's what they called it) was showing its age a bit, but was nicely laid out. The pool was right in front of the front desk, and there was a lounge area adjacent. The entire, large hall was decorated with state flags, which was a bit strange, and interior corridor rooms ringed the open-air area. My a/c unit actually faced out to it, but it was large enough where that didn't cause an issue.
I was given an interior room just above the front desk. I was worried about the noise, but I had absolutely no issue with that for the stay, even when I took a nap before going to my event later in the evening. Check-in was quick.
The room looks refurbished, but definitely shows the hotel's age. Everything was nice inside though. The room came with a coffee maker and full cable TV. The bed was a little saggy, but definitely comfortable.
The bathroom was tiny, especially since the sink was just outside of it. But I've definitely seen smaller bathrooms in hotel rooms, and had no issue toweling off from a shower. The bathroom and the room were both very clean.
Wireless internet is important for me, and, honestly, this was one of the best connections I've encountered in a hotel. It was surprisingly fast and very reliable. I experienced zero problems with it.
Breakfast in the morning was better than I had expected. They had the usual stuff: cereals, waffle maker, toast, but also had biscuits and gravy, which were surprisingly good for what they were. The breakfast room was huge and had plenty of room for any number of people.
My grips mainly have to do with the parking. There were an excessive amount of handicapped spots at the front, on top of the limited number of spaces to begin with. Add to that the adjacent bar (if you desire a quiet room, request one away from it), and there was definitely a shortage of spaces. Also, there was what looked like an apartment building within the parking lot, and the whole thing seemed sketchy and made me want to park away from it. Also, the pool closed the morning that I left, for some reason, and was to be closed for a week or so. I didn't need a pool anyway, but it seemed weird.
But that's fairly trivial. There were definitely minor flaws with the place but, for what I paid, I certainly can't complain, especially when I think of the other hotels that I've gotten for about the same price in the past (awful, awful).
If I was in the area again, I would definitely stay here, and would recommend this place to others wanting a good room at a very good price.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Saint Louis/Lindbergh Boulevard Hotel Sunset Hills
- Days Inn Saint Louis/Lindbergh Boulevard Hotel
- Saint Louis Days Inn
- Days Inn Saint Louis
- Days Inn Saint Louis/Lindbergh Boulevard MO - Sunset Hills
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spacious indoor courtyard with guest rooms easily accessible to indoor atrium for families. Rooms accessible directly from parking lot for travelers needing convenient access to their room. Family friendly environment featuring large indoor pool, playground and arcade area. Perfect lodging facility for amateur sports activities, family reunions, small business conferences, or training seminars. Complimentary Daybreak Breakfast daily, 630am - 930am on weekdays and 7am-10am on weekends. Complimentary 60 by 60 multipurpose room for amateur sports groups of greater than 25 rooms from check in to check out time. Advance reservations required. Complimentary 30 by 50 multipurpose room for family event groups of greater then 15 rooms for up to four hours. Advance reservations required. Centrally located, we are just minutes from Grant's Farm, the Magic House, and America's Incredible Pizza. Enjoy Cardinal Baseball or any other St. Louis classics, like the Arch, the St. Louis Zoo, Anheuser Busch tours, or the City Museum just 20 minutes East and Six Flags only 20 minutes West. Must have one adult 21 years or older checking into and staying in each room during entire visit. Pets allowed in some rooms based on availability for a NON-REFUNDABLE 20.00 USDA Pet Fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Days Inn Saint Louis/Lindbergh Boulevard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.