“Tranquility” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Luxury Lodges Wales

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Trefeglwys
Luxury Lodges Wales
You added Luxury Lodges Wales to your Saves list
Trefeglwys | Grandstand Caersws Powys, Trefeglwys SY17 5PU, Wales   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
north Wales
“Tranquility”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2010

A peacfull, serene location, yet near enough to see the glorious countryside of mid Wales. Just what the Dr. ordered.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2010

It took us 5-6 hours to get to Colin and Mandy's lodges but it was well worth it.

We loved everything about our stay at the lodges - the landscape was breathtaking, lovely walks, calm, peaceful.

The lodges are brilliantly turned out and have everything that one could possibly want - they really are home away from home but with a few little extras like the spa bath/shower/steam enclosure and the hot tubs (which we made use of everyday - at least 3 times per day!).

We were greeted with a basket of goodies and Mandy had very thoughtfully left milk in the fridge and coffee/sugar and tea.

Both Mandy and Colin are lovely and nothing is too much trouble. I would definitely have no hesitation in recommending Luxury Lodges Wales to anyone - except if I did then they would be booked up permanently and I would never be able to stay!

Can't wait for our next stay at the lodges!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2010

We have stayed at Luxury Lodges twice in the past 6 months and we are already planning our third holiday there! The place is truly outstanding, and provides a perfect retreat for a luxurious, relaxing getaway. The owners are very friendly and gave us a warm welcome, and stressed that if we needed anything during our stay we could call them at any time. They also told us of a local curry house called the Bengal which offers a discount to lodge guests. We went there on the first night and, as well as having a lovely meal, the staff there also gave us lots of information on where to go for nice days out in the area!

The 5 lodges are set in stunning grounds in the Welsh countryside, each one having its own parking area, picnic and barbecue area and private outdoor hot-tub. The lodges are spaced far enough apart to ensure you're not overlooked by anyone, giving a real sense of privacy. We stayed in "Sunrise View" which is located at the top of the hill and provided us with some amazing views of the local area.

The lodges themselves are fantastic and are full of modern equipment. The kitchen has everything you could possibly need including a dishwasher, washing machine and a huge fridge/freezer with an ice and cold water dispenser. There was a jacuzzi in the downstairs bathroom, while the upstairs master bedroom had a very spacious en-suite with a shower unit. There were also two double bedrooms downstairs. The living area was very roomy, with a leather sofa, large LCD TV and DVD player. There is also free wireless internet access.

There were a lot of nice finishing touches in the lodge such as a bottle of milk in the fridge and a bottle of wine and a box of chocolates on the table upon arrival. The towels in the bedrooms had even been folded into the shape of swans!

The lodges were very clean throughout, and what particularly impressed us is that the water in the hot-tub is changed between guests, as well as having fresh cleaning solution added every day.

The hot-tub provided the ultimate in relaxation and luxury and was the perfect way to chill out and forget about the stresses of daily life!

Overall, this is the perfect place to have a lovely, relaxing holiday. We would highly recommend it to anyone and we hope to go back again ourselves later this year.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
North Lincolnshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2010

our holiday started on Valentines weekend. I ha high expectations as I was told my lodge would be exactly like the video guide! How many times do you hear that though!!! However this time, Mandy was right. Our lodge (Sunset) realy was fantastic. The welcome pack was luxerious; two bottles of nice wine, lovely chocolates and milk in the fridge. There was also tea, coffee, sugar in the canisters; soap in the bathrooms.
The towels were so beatifully folded. All these little touches added to a beautiful start to the week. My husband and I had the first half of the week to ourselves to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We can heartilly recomend the Bengal Indian restaurant that Colin and Mandy recomend. Service, food setting (and tummy afterwards) were all fantastic.
It was so quiet I couldn't work out what was making the noise I could hear. I think it was the noise of the sheep ripping out the grass and munching!!!!!
The family joined us on Wednesday (my Mum, Dad and two teenage boys). The lodge was definately big enough for maximum occupancy. Mum and Dad had never holidayed in Wales before and were thoroughly blown away by the beaty of the place. The people are also increadibly friendly. Mum and Dad also loved the hot tub (as we all did!) I couldn't stop looking at the lovely view from our upper balcony. Really lovely.
The beds were comfy but we should have taken our own pillows (we are really fussy though).
The only other critiscisms I could make are that the hob is not that efficient (but I'm used to gas!!) and there was no gravey boat (no biggee either) So if you really can't live without a gravey boat, you'd best take your own!!!
It was also extremely warm. The feather quits are extremely good quality. they are summer winter quilts so we had the option of 4.5 tog, 9 tog or 13.5 tog. We went for the 9 but were still too hot!!! Couldn't be bothered changing it again so we kept the doors closed, radiator off and opened the window (rooflight electrics wouldn't alow us open them because it detected the snow!!!!).
THESE ARE ALL MINOR THINGS. WE HAD A FANTASTIC TIME.
THANK YOU MANDY AND COLIN.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Anglesey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2010

This was our 2nd visit to luxury lodges Wales and we are already planning to return. The hosts were warm and friendly and did all in their power to ensure our stay was perfect in every way. Upon arrival at our cabin (which was overlooking a lake and beautiful Welsh countryside) we found that the hosts had considerately put on the heating and left us a wecome basket which made us feel rather special. Inside the cabin was so clean and had all mod cons including a jacuzzi/power shower. On the downstairs veranda there was a private hot tub which for me provided the ultimate in relaxation and was used everyday during our stay at no extra cost as all electricity is included in the price of the holiday. Beauty treatments are also available at a small extra charge and both my husband and myself took this opportunity to have a relaxing massage. My husband went for a full body massage whereas I decided on the indian head massage, this is also highly recommended as I was made to feel at ease and felt fantastic both during and after the treatment. Overall our stay was fantastic and there was nothing I could fault, even trips to the local town were enhanced by friendly residents who would stop to talk to us. We will definately be returning to luxury lodges Wales and I would recommend them to anyone,however, don't take my word for it visit yourself and you certainly won't be dissapointed.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Walsall
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2010

We travel as often as we can and often enjoy weekends away in cottages etc..
We booked this lodge to stay there Jan 22nd for the weekend. We were blown away by the video tour that is on the official website and I must admit we did expect a lot when we arrived.
We met the owners who handed us the key and showed us up to our lodge (there are currently five in total), we were shown how to use the cooker, shower, hot tub etc and generally shown around the property. This was a nice alternative to just being given the key. The owners were very friendly and made us feel comfortable.
Once the owner (Mandy) had left us to it, we all thought WOW and a big smile was evident all round, this was going to be a good break. The lodge really was top quality and there was everything we needed. nothing in there was cheap or tatty, it was all five star top quality; the beds were so comfy, the kitchen was quality and the building itself had so much space and a feel of luxury.
The hot tub is where we spent most of our time, well after 1am on the first night as it was so private and peaceful. The power shower/steam room was also a place where you could spend some time........ it was quite complex though with about a million nozzles, dials, foot spa thingies and everything (i exaggerate a little, but it was great).
There were three TV's with Sky freeview on them and all the lodges all have Wi-fi, so although you you are in the middle of the beautiful Welsh countryside, there are enough home comforts to keep you happy.
We didn't spend much time out and about but did nip into Llanidloes which is very nice. We preferred to spend our time in the luxury of the lodge.
So to summarise, a fantastic lodge in a wonderful location. We have just booked for the week in Feb half term. I have not had a weeks UK holiday for more than 24 years - we always opt to go abroad for anything more than a weekend and so this place has convinced me to have a staycation this year - it is that good.

Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2009

Well, I never want to have to write a negative review but feel compelled after staying here. The lodges them selves are beautiful and have loads of space and all the mod cons you need. Set in the beautiful countryside and we were fortunate to have a view overlooking the lake. We arrived and the chalets were warm and cosy, the beds were big and comfy and the jacuzzi was amazing, just what you need after a serious days hiking in the hills.
Its all sounding quite idyllic up to now. However my/our experinece is tinged with bitterness after a sting with "service charges". We were charged this so called fee for things which were out of our controll. One excuse was for an "oven clean" which I admit had been used but hardly needed an industrial clean! There is a clear sign outside which suggests that leaving the Barbque dirty will incour a cleaning fee, which I find completly acceptable. The other for some "quick use flap" on the fridge which was broken on our arrival and had been fixed with super glue. This from a place which sells itself on being a 5*resort, and who I am sure charged another unsuspecting individual to "fix" this! We would have loved to have pointed it out only the owners were keen to get to a party, they called us on the way to ask us where we were and said exactly that!

We had a situatiuon with the bath/shower which was amazing too and has jet's in every possible place, we were not able to switch it off and called the owner to give some assistance. He was very direct and rude not enourmously hospitable to be honest. I really felt we had disturbed him.

The owners here are very luck to have such a beautiful place to offer and such wonderful surroundings and amenities. However we are now in the midst of a recession and customers are looking for added value that comes without spending more money. I feel

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Luxury Lodges Wales? Share your experiences!