“The ultimate pea and gift stop” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Danish
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
London, United Kingdom
“The ultimate pea and gift stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Food excellent vegetables perfectly cooked pea soup was awesome as was the meatloaf. The gift shop was the ultimate in everything you don't want, there is nothing that the andersens name can't fit on. It's was a joy walking around at the most random gift ideas ever however you must eat here and spend a little time wondering around the shop we left with laughter and tears in our eyes.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

French Gulch, California
“Good place to eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Service was fast and food hot and good. Price was great. Has nice gift shop and bakery. Bathrooms were great..plenty of parking and right off freeway. Good to take a break on long I-5 trip

Visited July 2013
Brookings, Oregon
“An old favorite in an unexpected location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I've probably never driven past Andersen's in Buellton on Highway 101 without stopping for an all-you-can-eat order of their famous split pea soup, but I had no idea they had another location. On our way down I-5, we were wondering where to stop for lunch when we saw the sign for this Andersen's. At 95 in the shade, I was good for only one bowl of the soup, but it brought back memories. True, it is the same stuff you get in a can in grocery stores, but it's still good and the price beats McDonalds for lunch. You can also order a rack of toppings if you want to make the admittedly bland soup more interesting. My wife liked her Monte Cristo sandwich, and we both enjoyed the fast and friendly service. The decor and atmosphere is kind of Scandinavian festival. The restaurant also has a bakery (which was so busy we gave up on it) and an extensive gift shop where you can buy cans of soup for more than they charge at grocery stores. I wound up with a bottle of chokecherry syrup. Now I have two locations to stop at every time I drive by.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Good food, fair price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We were on the last leg of a long road trip. The food was fresh and like homemade. Service was quick and friendly. There is a small fresh baked section outside the restaurant. I was going to buy something but there were 2 flies buzzing around in the glassed in area landing on the goodies.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington
“ok place to eat”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We decided to eat here after seeing the restaurant featured on tv. There was a slight wait to seat our party of 5. We had the appetizer sampler: chicken tenders were nice chunks of white meat, good onion rings & potato skins & our boys loved the spicy chicken wings. We ordered the meatloaf meal, the meatloaf melt with fries, & fried chicken (which takes an extra 15-20 minutes). The meatloaf had an odd texture & was not to my liking. The sandwich itself was good & I will copy it at home but with better meatloaf & cheddar instead of american. Our son loved the fried chicken.
For desert we had apple pie which is more of a mini apple pie not a slice & was very good & the brownie bomb with was huge. Thankfully I was sharing with my son but all of us could have easily shared it. The brownie is more like chocolate cake & a big chunk of it & it could have used more chocolate syrup.

Visited July 2013