“Cheap weekend away” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Caister-on-Sea Holiday Park - Haven

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Caister-on-Sea
Caister-on-Sea Holiday Park - Haven
You added Caister-on-Sea Holiday Park - Haven to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Cabin/Campground   |   Ormesby Road, Caister-on-Sea, Great Yarmouth NR30 5NQ, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
May Half Term From £249
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cambridge
“Cheap weekend away”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Booked with the Sun Holidays so automatically we know not to expect your 5* resort in the Caribbean. Got a courtesy call the week before to say they were looking forward to having us so this was a lovely touch before starting the holiday. Once arriving we were told we were in chalet and from previously reading the reviews I knew this was not going to work out! We headed straight back after walking in to the 60's nightmare and was quickly allocated a caravan. The reception staff seemed to have to detail with this fairly often if their speed of sorting out the problem was anything to go by. Haven is a respectable company so why they are still putting people in those chalets is beyond me. To note I had been to this site a year before and knew to expect better/ The caravan was standard and fine for a short weekend. The weather even though being October was lovely and warm so we managed a lie on the beach which was lovely!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Caister H, General Manager at Caister-on-Sea Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you so much for your review, we are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. It’s nice to read that you were able to enjoy time on our beautiful beach in October- the sunshine at the start of the month was such an added bonus for our holiday guests.

Our chalets are our value accommodation and are therefore priced accordingly and they are fully equipped for a self catering holiday and always clean and tidy. We do find some guests prefer chalets in the off peak months as they have additional heating in the bedrooms which can be important when the weather is cooler and the easterly wind is blowing and you want to keep nice and warm.

We hope to see you again next year, and if you take up a Sun Holiday again then once you receive your holiday confirmation please give us a call on 01493 728931 to let us know that you’d prefer a caravan and we will try our very best to allocate you one before you arrive.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Crawley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We have just returned from a 4 night break 30.09.13 - 04.10.13. We were apprehensive as our last holiday camp experience was horrendous ( pontins camber sands).
We booked via The Sun £9.50 holidays but paid extra to upgrade as it still worked out very cheap. Our check in was 3pm but we arrived at 2.40 and were informed it was all ready to go and handed the keys, we were shown a map they had got ready in advance with our van circled and detailed instructions of how to find it. My son who is 3 was happy when the receptionist who was very friendly let him choose a balloon and lolly.
The van was easy to find from the map and we were pleased to discover tha the area we were staying 'Dilham' was a fenced off luxury area with newly tarmaced roads and each van had a tarmaced driveway and paving to the van, this meant no walking on wet grass! We noticed when walking round the park that sme other areas were not as nice, Caister Beach area and the Chalets looked horrible but you get what you pay for!
Our van was very modern and spacious and spotlessly clean, I couldn't find dirt anywhere, and the kitchen was well stocked, even with a bread knife which I'd brought with us just in case and hadn't needed to bother. There was plenty of storage places and the double bedroom was large enough with space for my 4 month olds travel coat, this room also had an on- suite toilet and sink. The shower in the bathroom was wide enough to be able to have kids in with me in order to wash them as no bathtub. Water in shower was nice and hot, and although fairly powerful there was quite a thin stream of water. The twin room was really only big enough for children as very small but my son is 3 and only used it for sleeping so this was not a problem. Front room area was more than big enough 4 2 adults, a child and a baby and there was a small flat screen tv wit free view that had good signal. We did not have any problems getting a mobile signal in the park. I am a light sleeper and worry about sleeping in these places but our area was very quiet nd we wern disturbed as we were away from entertaiment. There are two playgrounds which were looked after and my son enjoyed.
We used the swimming pool twice and each time there were hardly any people in there which was nice, friendly lifeguards did a good job, whilst we were there the pool and changing rooms were clean and in good condition. The staff at the entrance always went out of their way to hold doors open for pram each time.
We went in the live lounge each evening as my son enjoyed the disco and loved the character shows especially Rory and Ned. The bar was expensive, but every where is these days. There is a shop here that sells character things and things with flashing lights that were quite reasonably priced. Although on the last big we had to spend £5 on a helium balloon as a girl came over selling them between the tabls for all the children that made a captive audience lol! The 'rock and roll bingo' is good idea as its competition for the adults that lets the kids keep dancing without getting too bored. We left at 8.30 each night as kids too tired so didn't experience the rest of the entertainment. We went in arcade which although was full of the inevitable £1 a go machines there were plenty of things for 2 p, 10 p and 30 p etc and most gave out tickets or prizes.
We went to the fun works once whic is your average indoor play ara, some of the equipment needs a re- fit but kids don't care! There is also a large ball pit which was fun. As it was off peak season there were oly a couple of other families n there.
We ended up eating at the mash and barrel all 4 nights as we had a good experience on the first night. There was no queue at the bar on any big and each time we went it was a third full so plenty of tables. The food always arrived quickly and hot, we all had something different each night as there was enough choice. It averaged £30 each time for two adult meals with alchoholic dril and a kids meal and a side order which I don't think is too unreasonable. It was always clean and we felt that the kids were welcome. Didn't go in papa johns or the chip shop. Spar shop was expensive as expected but staff always friendly and offered advice on days out as we went on days out each day we were there.
Played crazy golf once which for my husband and 3 year old cost £3. We also let my son have a go on the electric go carts which was 50 p. There was a tower of slides you could buy tokens for and a zp wire that looked fun but we didn't use them.
If we had gone in hot weather there are loads of entrances to beach which looked like a lovely sandy beach. Would definitely go off peak season again as it was lovely and quite!

Room Tip: Dilham area lovely, chalets looked like Prison
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your 5 star review; it was a pleasure to read. I personally find that when I book a holiday I go straight to Trip Advisor because I want loads of information, the more the merrier for me! I know that any future guest reading your review will relish the detail and description of your holiday, so handy especially for Mums and Dads. Thanks again for taking the time and effort to review your stay in so much detail, and please don’t leave it too long before you come back and see us all!

Bungay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We arrived around 4.30pm and picked up our key and details of all camp activities and entertainment plus a much needed map. Our caravan was much better than expected 2 large bedrooms, the master had an en suite which made getting ready to go out much less of a problem. It was in very good condition and very clean. I cannot fault it at all, The only downside was the caravan was next to the road leading to the seagulls entertainment centre and was very noisy at closing time. Our granchildren loved the parks and pool. Well stocked shop on site and plenty food outlets on or near site.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review it sounds like the whole family had a great time with us. It was especially nice to read that your caravan was better than expected – our Accommodation Team work incredibly hard to make sure everything is fully prepared for our guest’s arrival and your kind words will be passed to the whole team and I know they will be delighted.

We do hope that you visit us again in the near future with your Grandchildren; we will be waiting with a very warm ‘Welcome Back’.

Clacton-on-Sea, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

The check in was quick, efficient and friendly.
The van was exactly as described but the carpets had the aroma of cat urine. But that is the only bad thing I can say.

All my family had a great time and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for your review and your recommendation, it’s wonderful to read that you and your family had a great time with us at Caister Holiday Park.

In reference to your carpets, please accept my apology for the aroma, a simple call to our Reception Team would have put them into action to find a way of rectifying this for you with the minimum of fuss and disruption to your holiday.

We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here in June with my 3 children and my partner. We staying in a chalet which I wouldn't recommend for a family of 5 it was to small and on the edge of the park our view was a brick wall and a busy road, hence the size of the park... But the rest of the park, facilities and lovely walk on beach made up for this... This is definitely a place for children always something to do and plenty of choice with food. Entertainment was really good but as usual you gotta get a seat early or you'll stand up. Obviously the weather makes it as your in England and we dropped lucky. We played football and cricket on the beautiful walk on beach which is attached to the park. I would definitely return and recommend.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you so much for your review of Caister Holiday Park, it was such a pleasure to know that you made the best of our beautiful stretch of beach, as far as location is concerned we really are very lucky to be in such a magical part of the English coastline. Of course it always helps when the sun is shining, and this year may have started cold, but once the sun finally came out we really did have a wonderful summer didn’t we?

We hope that you come back and see us in the very near future.

Watford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

When we initially arrived we was given a chalet! it was down a pitch black dead end up an alley. One look inside and we decided to see if they had anything else! it looked like it was from the 60s
They changed it for a caravan at the very back of the site which was next to a big metal fence lover looking a housing estate. The caravan was much much nicer inside very modern lots of room and clean. It seemed to be missing the parking bay that all the other vans had. Nice and quiet due to its location.
We ate on site the first night, I had fish and chips they was vile and the shop looked old and dirty. My partner and son had papa johns pizza much more modern but 35 min wait for food! Bit too long in my opinion! the food was left on the serving area for ages in the end my partner called through and said is that our pizza, the guy just said its only been there a few minutes! I think the main problem is they are just really disorganised and lack motivation.
The site itself was pleasant enough but not very clear directions so good luck finding your van!
Having stayed at the Haven Sea Shore previously I prefer that site.
I guess its all down to the luck of the caravan you get, if they try to give you a chalet I would refuse. Would I go back.. No.

Room Tip: Dont accept a chalet
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review, which I found very disappointing to read. I understand that our chalets are not to everyone’s taste, but they are our value accommodation and therefore priced accordingly. They are fully equipped for a self catering holiday and always clean and tidy as well as having the benefit of bedroom heating which can be a guest’s preference in the cooler months. It was great to read that during your stay our team assisted in finding you and your family alternative caravan accommodation, and good to hear that you found your caravan clean and modern.

I’m sorry that you didn’t enjoy your food experience, it’s rare for us to receive a complaint about our Papa John’s restaurant, I will of course pass your feedback onto our Complex Team and I know that they will want me to send you their sincere apologies.

Once again I am very sorry for your disappointment, and I only hope you will return to us in the future and allow us to restore your faith in the Haven brand.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We enjoyed the park and the location but unfortunately the touring pitch was located right next to a noisy road and bushes. We paid nearly 900 pound for two weeks in August so really expected better
The bushes next to our caravan was a breeding ground for spiders so every morning we had 10 or more large spiders in our awning even though my wife spent the first hour hoovering them up
The touring bins were overflowing and the showers and toilets cant cope with the demand
All in all we had a good time in the park but Haven should site people that are staying a long time away from the road and keep those pitches for the weekend breakers

Room Tip: Ask to be sited away from the bushes and road
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for leaving a review of your recent touring stay. It was great to read that you enjoyed our park and where we are located, we are very lucky to be right next to such a beautiful stretch of sandy beach.

Pitch location is a very personal choice, and because of this we are more than happy to take location requests with all our bookings, and whilst we may not be able to guarantee exact pitches, our team will always try their utmost to locate guests in their preferred area. All we ask is a little notice, before arrival if possible, to give the team the opportunity to allocate accordingly. Just call 01493 728931 and one of our advisors will be happy to help with your request.

We really do hope that you return to see us next year and that we can allocate you in your preferred area.

Assistant General Manager.

Been to Caister-on-Sea Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!