Overall we enjoyed our stay in villa 214 which we purchased as a getaway through Interval International.
Unit was spacious and clean.The owners and Beverly were very friendly and accomodating. We were able to keep our rental boat there overnight for a low fee. Shuttle to georgetown was nice although it ran every 2 hours some when getting groceries had to take a taxi back which cost 9 bucks.
Concerns/Issues with property/villa:
Kitchen was not well equipped and some of the items in the kitchen did not work.
The main bathroom tub plug did not close so you could take a bath.
Internet was spotty and slow.
Pool was dirty and wasn't kept clean enough.
One of the front staff was not very friendly at all.
No maid service. Cost was about 50/day and to get additional garbage bags was 20 cents per bag.
Beach infront of resort is not nice.
Villa was not ocean side so when you sat out on the balcony all you could hear was the traffic.
Food was very expensive and if you didn't get it the day the food arrived there was slim pickings. We brought meat with us which saved alot.
We rented a boat for two days and saw alot of nice beaches and had some awesome snorkeling.
Visited Chat n Chill. Took almost an hour to get a hamberger. Also got the pig roast meal and it was not worth the 20 dollers per plate. It was very crowded there. Would not visit again.
Jolly Hall beach is just a 5 minute walk away and we enjoyed swimming there.
Overall we had a great time but would probably just rent a home privately instead.
- Also Known As:
- Hideaways At Palm Bay Hotel
- Hideaways At Palm Bay Hotel Great Exuma
- Hideaways At Palm Bay Bahamas/Great Exuma
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our beachfront villas & cottages are available in either studio, 1 or 2 bedroom plans and offer full kitchens or kitchenettes. Decorated and designed with tropical charm, amenities include air conditioning, ceiling fans, private bathrooms, televisions, wireless internet access, full service business center including guest computers. Hideaways Exuma is the ideal location for your romantic getaway or family vacation. Weekly rates are available in our hillside villas and studio rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hideaways at Palm Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.