My girlfriend and I booked a trip to Hideaways to get away from weather in Central PA the week before Christmas this year. This was our 1st visit to the Bahamas and we had a great time staying there a week. I cannot say enough about their service. Before we arrived, the staff made arrangements to have a taxi pick us up at the airport ($30). Three days before we were to arrive, I found out that a job I had applied for wanted to interview me for a position over the phone. After contacting Hideaways they made arrangments for me to receive a this phone call on a landline in their office and have a secluded place to do the interview!! The owners bent over backwards to help us before we ever got there. When we got there, we were upgraded at no charge from a hillside studio to a hillside 1 bedroom villa with full kitchen which had a fantastic view of the harbor. Simply amazing. The villia was clean with a king bed, and a great porch for breakfast.
The Splash Bar had good food, but like everything in the Bahamas it was slightly expensive. The stuffed cheeseburger was way better than 95% of the restaurant burgers I have had in the US. There is a nice pool area and great beachfront with kayaks available to take out. There is a small reef about 100 yards off into the harbor plus another more secluded beach nearby.
Hideaways is 1.2 mile north of Georgetown (where there is a bank, market, shops, some restaurants), but they provide a shuttle that runs every 2 hours from 9-5pm. A taxi into town will be $10 if you want to go for evening. We walked into town during day, but I would not do so at night. We found fantastic local food located about 1/4 mile south at the Fish Fry, which is a collection of 10 food huts, serving up fantastic dishes, each also has a small bar. We ate at 4 different places (Shirley's, Poor Man Kitchen, Charlies, The Out Deck) which were all fantastic. Walking here is easily do able at night from Hideaways.
One thing if you have the money, is don't rent a car, instead rent a boat for a day or two as everything is much more accessible by boat (Stocking Island, Crab Cay, Fowl Cay, etc.).
If you decide to go to the Exuma Cays trip, and want an different adventerous experience go with Bob at Coastline Adventures, not 4 C's.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our beachfront villas & cottages are available in either studio, 1 or 2 bedroom plans and offer full kitchens or kitchenettes. Decorated and designed with tropical charm, amenities include air conditioning, ceiling fans, private bathrooms, televisions, wireless internet access, full service business center including guest computers. Hideaways Exuma is the ideal location for your romantic getaway or family vacation. Weekly rates are available in our hillside villas and studio rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, HotelsClick, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hideaways at Palm Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hideaways At Palm Bay Hotel Great Exuma
- Hideaways At Palm Bay Bahamas/Great Exuma