“You will leave feeling like the staff is your family!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Augusta Bay Bahamas

You added Augusta Bay Bahamas to your Saves list
Augusta Bay Bahamas
3.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Queens Hwy, Mile Marker 1.2 West, P.O. Box EX-29180, George Town, Great Exuma (Formerly Beach Inn Exuma)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 George Town B&B and Inns
Dallas, Texas
“You will leave feeling like the staff is your family!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed here for 7 days and really really enjoyed the staff. The room was really just a nice typical room with a spectacular view but the staff was awesome. Just meeting Alston at the bar and hearing about a few of his amazing adventures was was more than enough entertainment. LaTroy, John and the rest of the team make the staff here a super winning mix! The food was some of the best we had on the island. We kept just coming back to our hotel to have dinner. The lobster was particularly wonderful as were the conch fritters! Augusta the pooch was pretty awesome too! We will definitely be back for more!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Monument, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Exuma is the most beautiful place EVER! This hotel was perfect for me and my sisters. We wanted a vacation that was relaxed without the touristy feel. The hotel staff made us feel so welcome and comfortable! Every person on the island seemed to be so friendly and made us feel safe and wanted. Food was a little expensive, as were cab rides, but that was the only draw back! A cab ride from the airport to Augusta Bay was $30 and it was only a 12 minute ride! Augusta Bay had 2 kayaks that we borrowed for free. It was only a few minutes walk to the most beautiful beach that I have ever been to! No people, calm waters, white sand, no sea weed. We brought inflatable rafts from Walmart in our suitcases and just drifted in the water all day ALL BY OURSELVES. It was amazing! The hotel has towels that you can take to the beach, which is so nice. Again, the staff at Augusta Bay was amazing. They were so friendly and helpful!

A few helpful hints that I wish I would have known before traveling to Exuma:
1) Bring bug spray. Didn't even think of it and the sand flies got me!
2) Pack some snacks. Just light nice snacks in your suitcase for the beach. Everyone likes to snack at the beach!
3) Bring and inflatable raft! (I did this and it was AMAZING).
4) The 4C's tour including the swimming pigs was really fun!
5) My favorite day was when we rented a small boat and went around in the bay. We went to Stocking Island, which has a really neat bar. We also went to Sand Dollar Beach, where we snorkeled and saw tons of live Sand Dollars. We also went to a place that had Starfish that were GINOURMOUS! So fun!

Hope this review helps! I also hope that you consider Augusta Bay for your hotel choice. It was a wonderful experience for us!

Room Tip: If you don't like your room, just talk to the front desk. They are so nice and understanding...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

John, LaTroy and the whole team did an excellent Job of making sure our needs were always anticipated and met. John is the consummate host and very willing to help with anything you need. He spent an entire day and drove us all the way to the Tropic of Cancer beach, and pointed out all the noteworthy sites along the way.
Our room was excellent, always clean, cool and well stocked. The bathroom is excellent and recently remodeled. We had a great time and thank you for such a wonderful vacation!!

Audrey & Hugo

• Stayed June 2013
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the Augusta Bay for 5 nights in late May. We booked online and sent the management questions prior to our arrival. Each of our inquiries was answered and the staff provided tips and other helpful information to assist before we even set foot on the island.

Upon arrival we were very happy with the spacious, well decorated and comfortable rooms. We had a view from the balcony overlooking the pool and the bay to the front of the hotel and were very comfortable for our 5 night stay. The staff were very helpful (especially Latroy and I believe Alex was the bartenders name) and when he had issues booking a tour they jumped on their cell phones and started making calls on our behalf. We also absent mindedly forgot to bring a USB cable and the owner dug through his residence for a replacement cable we could use to charge our camera.

Location wise the hotel is about a 10 minute walk north of Georgetown and it can be a hike in the heat but it's close enough to walk. The hotel is on a nice bay and just north is Jolly Hall beach which was gorgeous and all but deserted when we visited. All and all I would recommend the hotel wholeheartedly, it was right next door to two other hotels so you could branch out for other restaurants etc.

Pros:
Great location, good food, good bar in Frankie Bananas, helpful staff, spacious comfortable rooms.... located on Exuma.

Cons:
Thought some of the dinners were expensive (for my meager wallet anyway). Did not get the feeling that there was security/staff on hand after hours.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We needed a unexpected place to stay in Georgetown waiting for a flight the next day. Checked out Sandals and they were $1,200 for the night. Continued down the road and came to Augusta Bay. What a gem to find!! Lucky us! Coming to Georgetown by boat, gas fuel leaked all over my tote bag! Stinky! LaTroy at the front desk took my bag and ran it through the washer numerous times for me. That was so nice of you LaTroy!!!!!! :). Thank you! The next day I asked if their was a gift shop within walking distance and he said no, but he would be happy to drive me into town to a shop. He brought me to a outdoor market with ladies weaving baskets. Not only did I get a great souvenir, but I also got a tour and a history lesson!
Any thoughts about staying at Augusta Bay? No worries, great place! Dinner was also great, and our room perfect!

Nova Scotia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed here in April, we really like this hotel. Very friendly, went out of their way to make arrangements. Al at the bar was AWESOME!!! & Monica was #1. Food was great. Nice comfortable place & would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I could not be any more satisfied with our 5ight/6day trip to the Exuma's. Although American Eagle did not deliver our luggage for a day (apparently this is not a rare occurrence - so pack carry-on's wisely), there is not one thing that could have made our experience at Augusta Bay and Exuma's a bad one. From the taxi cab driver, to John the maintenance man and his pup Augusta, to Glen the bartender, and even the bartenders next door - everyone was always willing to help and make your vacation enjoyable! Augusta Bay's views are not only gorgeous, but the room is perfect and makes for a comfortable nights sleep! The pool and kayaks are a nice perk as well as the perfect snorkel location right below Augusta Bay's own dock. We rented a boat from Minn's Water Sports (highly suggest!) for the duration of our trip and it was very convenient to be able to just pull up and tie up our boat less than 100 yards from our room on Augusta Bay's dock. I could never say enough great things about this hotel and George Town (center of town is a $10 cab ride away and fish fry's are walking distance - not bad!) and it's people in general. I've already referred all of my friends and family and I hope to return one day. Note - if you are someone who needs top notch amenities and Sandals like events, you will walk away unsatisfied. This hotel and location is perfect to check out from the world and truly enjoy the person/people you are with!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Augusta Bay Bahamas? Share your experiences!