“Amazing place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Stretton
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Amazing place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Great hotel. Staff were all really friendly and the quality of the room was excellent. Hotel food at breakfast and dinner was incredible. Couldn't find a single fault all weekend. Spa and leisure facilities great. Wonderful stay all round.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
PGallon_General_Mgr, General Manager at The Park Royal, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Jamie293
Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay at The Park Royal. The team work hard to offer the highest standards of food and service and i am delighted that we achieved this. We do hope that you will come and stay with us soon and may i also direct you to our 20 sister hotels who also offer the same levels of fantastic efood and service.
Thanks again and best regards
Paul

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

We stayed here as a quick anniversary get away ! The restaurant is fairly grim .The lighting is awful and the food is mediocre ! The room was niceish, we arrived after 6, so didn't take advantage of the pool. The staff weren't really too friendly. The grounds are nice. !

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Craff39
I'm sorry to hear of your experience during your stay at the hotel last October. Due to the timelines between your visit and your review I am unable to investigate further, however if you would like to call me to discuss in further detail I will be more than happy to do so.
Best regards
Cumbria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here a few times over the last few weeks while away on business and will probably do so over the next few weeks.
The staff are more than helpful and always willing to go that extra mile to make you feel a valued guest.
The rooms are a good size and the beds are very comfortable although the newer pillows are a bit firm.
The restaurant and bar serve great meals and they do an amazing Cajun chicken which I'm looking forward to having next week.
The leisure facilities are good although seem dated. The gym seems to have had better days and one of the incline benches has a snapped handle on it ( which I cut my finger on ) but overall, you can have a good workout there.
The room pricing structure fluctuates greatly, more so when the hotel is busy for some reason but overall I would recommend staying here.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Ged R
Thank you for your recent review and kind words regarding the hotel. I must also thank you for continuing to return to The Park Royal whilst here on business. Regarding the gym equipemnt, I have fantastic news as we have just placed a £250,000 order to fully re kit the gyms with the latest equipment. It is planned to be installed by early June and I'm sure you will enjoy the benefits when it arrives.
In the mean time, we look forward to looking after you for your future stays.
Best regards
Belper, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

This hotel is in a beautiful area and the staff are welcoming and efficient.
I ate in the bar and also had room service. The new menus are varied and well thought out. I have been living in this hotel mid week since July and I still enjoy it. The reception team are friendly and always helpful- Sarah, Claire and Garth helped me settle in this week. The same can be said for the bar staff - in particular Megan, Callum, Ben and Chris. The level of service and commitment to customer care is of a high standard.
Just a short walk from the hotel are two nice pubs but the bar in the hotel is well stocked and competitively priced. Using the spa is a must. The pool is large and the water warm - both unusual for hotel pools! Hotel ideal location for Chester, Manchester and Liverpool.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Teryll_s2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and for your kind words regarding the team - it's make such a difference when they get such public acknowledgement.
I'd also like to acknowledge your business over the last year and for choosing to stay with us here at The Park Royal. I am aware that your project is coming to an end, however we hope that you come back for a leisure break soon.
Thanks again and best regards
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Just attended a business conference at the hotel and was very impressed with the organisation and service provided. All of the staff are extremely friendly and helpful without exception and make you feel very welcome from when you walk through the door. The rooms are very comfortable and the food was excellent. Shame I did not get the opportunity to use the pool or the sports facilities, but I look forward to doing so on my next visit.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
PGallon_General_Mgr, General Manager at The Park Royal, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Dear Kim S,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am delighted to hear you had such a wonderful time and hopefully on your next visit you will have the time to enjoy our leisure and spa facilities. I am very proud of my staff and I am glad the made you feel extremely welcomed from start to finish.
We look forward to seeing you again.
Kind Regards
Sandbach, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

If you need to escape the kids somewhere not too far, yet a world away - this is the place to visit.
All of the staff here are great, they are all friendly and will go out of their way to help you.
The Spa....what can i say.....i am now addicted to it, and feel the need to return as much as possible!
The ambiance is soooo relaxing, and their treatments are completed professionally and leave you feeling completely relaxed ( until you get back to the kids anyway...)
Their prices are quite competitive too, and you get the use of the leisure facilities if staying or with spa deals.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
PGallon_General_Mgr, General Manager at The Park Royal, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Michelle H,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your review after your recent visit. I am really pleased that our Spa exceeded your expectations and you had such a relaxing experience.
I hope we will see you again very soon.
Kind regards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

My partner and I took advantage of the Sunday night stay offer for our 2 year anniversary. We were welcomed by friendly staff and a great first impression. Our room was lovely. Very clean and just what we would hope for. We were at the back of the hotel which was very quiet. We went to use the pool, jacuzzi and steam room which was all included in our deal which was great. Lovely and relaxing!!! Our stay got even better when we went for our evening meal in the hotels restaurant. The food was out of this world and we were left wanting more. Overall we were more than impressed with our stay and would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed March 2014
Dear BarneyBear13,
I am delighted to hear that you and your partner enjoyed your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you were able to make use of all of the hotel facilities and found the whole stay relaxing.
We hope you will be able to come back soon.
Kind regards
Paul

Been to The Park Royal? Share your experiences!