“Lovely hotel - will stay again” 4 of 5 stars

The Park Royal
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Stretton Road, Stretton, Warrington WA4 4NS , England   |
Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Stretton
Madison, WI
“Lovely hotel - will stay again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I stayed here in June while on a business trip, at the recommendation of a coworker. Good suggestion. I arrived after 10 pm and the staff was very friendly. My room was a good size and very clean. Comfy bed. The breakfast was just what I was hoping for - it was a buffet, but included all the items for a full English. One morning I walked back to my room after breakfast, only to discover that for some reason my key didn't work. My room was a long walk to the front desk, but a staff member just happened to be walking by, so they went down and got me a new key, and returned with a smile. The hotel is just off the motorway, so it's easy to find. And the Stretton Fox is a great pub at the roundabout near the hotel. I will definitely stay here again when I make a return trip.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
PGallon_General_Mgr, General Manager at The Park Royal, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear MrsBrit

Thank you for your lovely feedback regarding your recent stay at The Park Royal Hotel. i was pleased to read that our staff were so friendly and helpful and that you enjoyed the food here. Your comments are testament to the reason that so many of our guests return. i do hope that we can welcome you back here in the near future.

731 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Chester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed our return visit to the Park Royal - spa break with friends. The spa experience was excellent - my therapist was Jessica very very good recommending further relaxation techniques. Amazing food fresh and tasty . A couple of issues with the rooms not being ready on time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the spa
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear K11MYM

Thank you for your review of your spa break at The Park Royal we are delighted that you had such a relaxing time. It would seem from your comments that we delivered exactly what you expected in terms of food, and customer service. I hope that we can welcome you back to The Park Royal in the near future.

Porthmadog, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Stayed in this hotel as a party of 6 celebrating our 40th birthdays. Had a fantastic time from start to finish. Booked a package deal which consists of an overnight stay, light lunch, dinner, breakfast and also 1 - 60min or 2 - 30min spa treatments. Great deal! Rooms were spacious and very clean. Food was amazing. Staff throughout the hotel were very helpful and pleasant (especially Jessica in the spa and the charming Christian in the restaurant). Can't wait to visit again!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Jane J

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review of The Park Royal and we were delighted to read that you enjoyed yourself so much and that the team here mad ethe effort to make your staff so special.

Why not try one of our sister hotels next time? You can check out the best detais on the QHotels website.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again and the near future.

Runcorn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Me & my husband stayed at the hotel as a treat,the room was a double but was small,hotel right through needs redecorating as it's looking tired.
Our room was over the function room so music booming out until around 1.30am, normally wouldn't mind but wanted some sleep so made a complaint but they just offered a free upgrade if we go back!
Overall staff were lovely & food was nice but pricey.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear jncorcal

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of The Park Royal and may i apologise for the fact that the hotel failed to live up to your (and our) expectations. As you will see from other reviews, your experience isn't indicative of the high standards that we offer here at the hotel. Your comments have been taken on board and used to improve for future guests. i do hope your experience hasn't put you off using ourselves or any other Q hotel in the future, and i hope that we have the opportuntiy to welcome you back here in the future.

Liverpool
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

My boyfriend booked me a spa break here for my 30th birthday and we stayed last weekend.

I had never heard of this hotel but it had come highly recommended so we were both really looking forward to it. We arrived early due to the deal we were on and the reception staff were extremely helpful when it came to explaining what our deal involved.

We were treated to a light lunch in the bar area, this consisted of soup, jacket potatoes with various fillings, lots of salad and many tasty treats (which we decided to give a miss).

Despite arriving really early the hotel had managed to get our room ready which meant we could check straight in and leave our stuff in the room while we visited the spa.

Once ready we went down to the spa, collected nice fluffy robes, some slippers and a towel each so that we could enjoy the pool, sauna and Jacuzzi (the steam room was broken but should be fixed in the next few weeks). After spending about an hour relaxing we headed back to the spa, filled in our consultation forms and we're taken to the relevant treatment rooms. I opted for a mini facial and a foot cleanse, both of which I loved, my skin has been really bad lately and the therapist used some special mask as well as some tea tree gel to help soothe the problem. My boyfriend what for a back and face treatment and said he really enjoyed that as well.

Once we'd finished our treatments we relaxed in the gorgeous relaxation rooms for a bit before heading out to the main leisure reception before getting dressed and visiting the bar.

The room we were given was on the first floor, it didn't look out onto much but that didn't really matter. It had been decorated well and the bed was extremely comfy, some of the pieces of furniture were a bit dated and the cupboard which the telly sat on had a sign mentioned a mini bar, even though there wasn't one.

The bathroom appeared to have all modern fixtures and fittings but the tiling really let it down, I don't know what it was but it just let down the whole feel of the room. Another small issue with the bathroom, and not something I normally comment on was the quality of the towels. Compared to the nice fluffy ones we'd enjoyed in the spa the ones in the bedroom were pretty poor and despite being white appeared grey as soon as they got wet due to the poor quality. Not a big deal but something which stood out to us.

We had booked in for our evening meal for 8.30 so we arrived a few minutes early and it was very, very busy. There were a number of birthday parties in as well as hen dos and the USA rugby team so the staff were run of their feet. We were seated fairly quickly, our order was taken pretty promptly but our drinks took forever to arrive and when they did, we both ordered different wines they were very poor. The food couldn't be faulted, we had a mezze to share to start and then a shoulder of lamb with a number of sides for our main, all of which were delicious. We then ordered further drinks, two vodka and diet cokes, which were much more enjoyable then the wine.

Our deal also included breakfast the next day which again was extremely busy but we got a table with ease and there was enough food (just for everyone). We treated ourselves to a full English which again, we couldn't fault.

For what my boyfriend paid for this treat we really did get value for money but I thought both the bar food menu was a little pricey (around £7.00 for a sandwich and around £16.00 for a main). The drinks were also a little pricey, our glasses of wine, although larger were priced over £6.00, I wouldn't have minded this but it was very poor quality wine.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear dan_ielle20liverpool

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed review of your stay here at The Park Royal Hotel. We appreciate the time you have taken to share your positive experience with us and we have taken your comments on board as areas to review for improvement on what otherwise seemed to be a great stay. We hope that we can welcome you back to The Park ROyal in the near future.

lancashire, U.K.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed one night and had both breakfast and dinner. I would recommend getting the deal for the breakfast and dinner pre- paid as it is worth it. The staff were brilliant despite the hotel being fully booked with half term. It was very busy, but staff were efficient and friendly at all times.
The rooms and bathrooms are a good size and very clean.
The breakfast was one of the nicest hotels breakfasts I have had in awhile. Again, they were very busy in the morning, but managed it perfectly.
Good sized pool and nice gym facilities.
My favourite part was dinner though. The food was gorgeous. It is a bit pricey, but worth it. Christian in the restaurant was a pleasure to deal with and very professional. I would absolutely recommend this hotel and hope to be back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
PGallon_General_Mgr, General Manager at The Park Royal, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear weenzie

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay with us here at The Park Royal and for being so complimentary about your whole experience. Your feedback has been shared with the team and the staff members that made your stay so enjoyable. I am glad that your stay met with your expectations and I hope that we can welcome you back in the future.

KInd regards
Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I stayed two nights. The room was very good and spacious although the view out was over the flat roof of the gym below. The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was clean.The hotel is a bit expensive, but the quality is good. the restaurant is not cheap but again the food is good and the service is similar to that which you would receive in a London West End hotel.

I was taken unwell on the first night and the on-site First Aider and the Receptionist could not do enough to help. They even offered room service at no extra charge!

The hotel is a bit expensive, but the quality is good. the restaurant is not cheap but again the food is good and the service is similar to that which you would receive in a London West End hotel. I would return here again and the best thing is to look out for special offers which make the room a good price.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Calculus50

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay here at The Park Royal. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff were friendly and helpful. It looks like we delivered exactly as we aim to with quality food and good attention to your needs. I am sorry to hear that you were unwell during your stay with us but I am pleased to read that our staff went out of their way to help and ensure you were more comfortable. I do hope that we can welcome you back again in the future.

Paul

Been to The Park Royal? Share your experiences!