“well, if all you need is a bed” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lakeland
KINGSPORT
“well, if all you need is a bed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I stayed at the motel for a week helping my son relocate. Where to begin..I got a room with twoo double beds, but since we were on the discounted week rate was told not to use the other bed or I would be charged. The room I had was facing I-40 and the door seal was missing, making it sound like the interstate was actually in my room..they said they would move me but never did..- didn't get any service the whole week..had to go begging for toilet paper and fresh towels...which I did receive only once..because the second time I asked for clean towels, she took my dirty ones and NEVER brought me any towels back..EVER.. The lady at the front desk was rude because my cell phone got too close to my key card and deleted it..so being locked out of my room I went and explained the situation..she gave me new cards but I was told this better not happen again because they would not fix it again...I had one week of trash in my room..one week of dirt on my floor... This was horrible...just horrible so for 333.45 I got a bed for a week...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Augusta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

It would have been a good price for an average room, but this was most definitely a below average room. It smelled when we came in, the water was dripping in the tub, and the air conditioner leaked water overnight right by our door where one of our bags was sitting. They enforce the pet fee and, in my opinion, don't deserve it. The breakfast consisted of nothing more than stale donuts, some mini-muffins, some oranges, hot coffee, and not much else. Our family would definitely NOT recommend this hotel. There was a Motel 6 right across the street that might have been a better choice.

Room Tip: Another friend had recommended not even staying in the Memphis area. Like I said in my review, the M...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Bartlett, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I have read many bad reviews on this location and was a little worried at first but all that changed once i came to the front desk. the guy checking us in was very nice and seemed happy to be there. the rate was reasonable,and are room looked great. we were in our roomjust a few minutes before our phone started to ring, it was the front desk asking us how our room was. i never had this happen before at any other place we have stayed. the breakfast was very good they had hot and cold cereal toast donuts muffins and danishes and fruit coffee and juice. the staff was very nice. i will stay here again and will recommend to all

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

Slow service from staff. Lack of simple necessities, towels, tissues, etc. Needs some renovation.

• Stayed May 2012
Memphis, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

The room was dirty. Last occupants leftover McDonalds was still in the microwave.
Dead cockroach smashed on the shower wall. Towels were threadbare. Night staff were unfriendly and check in took a long time. Could have gone 5 minutes down the street and found something a lot nicer for the same price. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Key West, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

The microwave did not work. There were not enough towels or cups. The wallpaper was dirty and ripped. The bathroom had not been maintained. There is a hole in the ceiling light showing dust and wiring. There was one soap and no shampoo. The breakfast had only
Cereal and muffins. I don't typically eat breakfast. I do however go down to get coffee, which was
Not even ready at 8am. We have stayed at this hotel at least 10 times before, it's going downhill.

• Stayed April 2011
Montgomery, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

You never know what you are going to get with Super 8s. Some are quite nice. This one was not. The place looked like it was built in the 80s and nothing has been done to it since. The room was clean, and the bed was comfortable, but we were also very tired after having driven 600 miles that day. The breakfast was spartan. The pool was covered with some kind of tarp that was holding murky moldy smelling water. The worst part of all, there was NO HOT WATER.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Lakeland? Share your experiences!