“Average at best, in a so so location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Gold Canyon Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Gold Canyon Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
BEST WESTERN Gold Canyon Inn & Suites
8333 E Sunrise Sky Dr, Gold Canyon, AZ 85218-2992   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Gold Canyon
Healdsburg, California
“Average at best, in a so so location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

I've stayed in nicer Best Westerns, but this sufficed for a one night stop over in Gold Canyon. I had an upstairs room quite a distance from the front desk, a drive over a speed bump filled parking lot, and then up stairs with luggage etc to a medium sized but rather dark and unappealing room.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

78 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Rio Rancho, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We have stayed in quite a few of Best Westerns and this one was definitely the worst. There was a VERY loud party going on in the lounge. We discussed it with the management but they said the party would continue till 11pm. They seemed more interested in being in the nightclub business then in the hotel business. The A/C went out during the night and the room was warm in the morning but fortunately we were leaving. The biggest shock was the toilet. When I sat down on it my genitals were dangling in the water!! We have stayed at the Best Western in Apache Junction just down the road several times in the past and that is where we will stay in the future when we are back in the area.

Lake Stevens, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

The real mark of a good business is how it responds if a customer does have aa problem.This hotel will not help you if you have a problem.

My wife and I flew to Phoenix early for a funeral. We reserved this hotel in the morning of Feb. 2, but as quickly cancelled our reservation in favor of the Chandler location closer to the airport. When we got home, we saw that Gold Creek had charged us a 'no-show.'

I immediately called the hotel and the American Express travel web site through which I had made the reservation and the cancellation. I was told manager 'Pat' would call me back. She did not. The next day, I called a 2nd time and left a message for her. I then e-mailed the hotel, and did not get a reply.

After a week, I e-mailed the Best Western corporate web site. A few days later I received an e-mail from Pat. She did not deny that the hotel received the cancellation request, only that they have a 24-hour cancellation policy.

The frustrating part is that I cancelled the room within 15 minutes of booking it, and I received an e-mail from Amex that the room was indeed cancelled. Otherwise I would have called the hotel to confirm or I would have stayed there (begrudgingly). I suggested that if the hotel would refund even part of the room charge, I would be satisfied. No dice.

So keep in mind that if you are thinking of staying here, any reservation made on the same day cannot be cancelled, not even within minutes of making it. If this property has your credit card information, a steel trap snaps shut onto your pocketbook and will not release. If you want to talk to this property, this property does not want to talk to you.

My wife and I used this trip to give Best Western a try. We got burned.

We can absorb the $94, but we won't be using the Best Western brand for our personal or business travel in the future.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
GoldCanyonINN, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Gold Canyon Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you for your review Mr. Schweizer. I am sorry about the charge for the no show on your credit card but your booking was made during our peak season and the room was held for in good faith. It is a pity that you did not contact the hotel directly to cancel your reservation because we would cancelled it and resold the room. Unfortunately your booking was made on line within our cancellation policy so you were not able to cancel it once made. Since the reservation was only made the day prior to arrival we did feel the need to reconfirm the reservation which we usually do on our older reservations in case people's plans have changed. You had mentioned that you were going to email us your cancellation notice and we waited for that before calling you back but since we never received it we did not return your call immediately.
0swego, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

excellect place will stay there next year have stayed there 3 different times . close to all Phoenix attractions.Good lounge with karoke Close to Apache junction Honky tonks. Close to tortilla flats. Close to Apache lake and Horseback Riding.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

A group of us that jeep had a great stay at Gold Canyon and when 14 people can set around breakfast and talk for 2 hours about the trip the day before to the Coke Ovens it was great . We hope to stay there next year just like we did last year.

Mason City, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

The customer service was really bad by 1 employee and she worked most of the time we stayed. The bar attached to the hotel had bad customer service also. The bathroom door would not stay open unless you used the garbage can to hold it open. There was a small square cut out of the carpet that they patched back in. The bed made my back hurt after a couple of days. The housekeeping never filled the shampoos or soap or kleenex. I had to ask for it every night. The breakfast was good. The hot tub and pool were great. A couple of the employees made it a bad stay, because they were so rude. Unfortunately we stay in this town every year and they have no other hotels. I hope they clean up the customer service before next year.

San Francisco, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

The Best Western in Gold Canyon was our second choice to stay in Gold Canyon, AZ. We went there for a wedding which took place at Gold Canyon Golf and Resort. Should have stayed there when some rooms were freed up. When we checked in, no one was at the front desk and we had to ring the bell twice. Our room was very simple with only one picture on the wall. No information about the area or the restaurant next door. It's basically a naked room with good air conditioning and a functioning basic bathroom. The room did not smell fresh even after the maid cleaned our room the following day. Housekeeping was ok but not a "Wow, what a clean room once again." Very disappointed in the quality of the hotel. You get a complimentary full breakfast with scrambled eggs, country potatoes and sausage, fresh fruits, cereals, yogurt, milk, juices, and carbohydrates. That was the best part of the hotel. I would not return there again. For the same price of $98 a night we stayed at the Radisson in Chandler and it was beautiful. You really feel welcomed there and the pool was very relaxing. I would rather pay a little more and feel like a real guest and have a chance to unwind. Isn't that what's a vacation is about?

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN Gold Canyon Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!