“Disappointed and don't waste your money!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of La Petanque

La Petanque
1208 Mornington Flinders Road | Main Ridge Vic 3928, Main Ridge, Victoria 190 D8, Australia
03 5931 0155
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 6 Restaurants in Main Ridge
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Set on a beautiful original winery, the twenty-acre property has you feeling you could be in Tuscany or in Provence. Panoramic views, sublime combination of flavors and textures, amazing wine list, professional but relaxed service, La Pétanque has become a destination on the Mornington Peninsula.The elegant and impressive venue with floor to ceiling windows and sweeping countryside views has become the perfect place for a leisurely dining experience.The cuisine is inspired by the season with dishes that reflects on locally grown fruit and vegetables, with the addition of soft herbs and flowers from the restaurant’s organic garden. - Gourmet Traveller Best Regional Wine List of the Year 2009. - Chef's Hat in 2012 and 213The home wares and fashion boutique ‘La Petanque Living’, originally in the cottage at the front of the property, has been relocated to 138 (Rear) Main Street, Mornington.The restaurant is open Wednesday to Sunday for lunch and Friday and Saturday for dinner (Daily in January)
Melbourne, Australia
“Disappointed and don't waste your money!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

I booked this restaurant for a special occasion as a result of the reviews and we was so sadly disappointed. The service was absolutely dreadful and when we complained we were told by the manager it was acceptable to wait 30 minutes at the table before someone takes your drink/food order and acceptable to wait 1 hour and 15 minutes before your first course is served and acceptable to be served your main meal nearly two hours after arriving. The value for money was very disappointing and we won't be back. I was deliberating between Montaldo, Port Phillip Estate and Termius so I won't make the same mistake again. As a result of the service we left straight after our main meal so they lost revenue from dessert, coffee and wine but I think really cared.

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lapetanque, General Manager at La Petanque, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
May I express my gratitude for having taken the time to leave your comments regarding your recent dining experience at La Pétanque.
I am glad that you enjoyed the food but I am very sorry to read that we were not able to meet your service expectations. Please accept my apologies for your disappointment and frustration.
I would like to take the opportunity to correct a couple of key factors that are very important for us and for the potential TripAdvisor readers.
We welcomed you and your partner at 7.45 pm and offered you water, menus and wine list. We took your order at 8 pm. Two glasses of wine were served at 8.10pm. Bread and amuse bouche were offered at 8.20. Entrees were served at 8.25. The entrees were then cleared at 8.40. The main courses were served then at 8.55 pm, not two hours but 55 minutes after we took the order. You left straight after the main courses were cleared at 9.15 pm.
From when you arrived and left, your Saturday night dinner took 90 minutes.
On the evening, I expressed that I understood your point of view and apologized for not picking up your frustration during dinner as I could have been able to speed up the service for you. I accept that you considered the delay of service excessive and I apologized for it. Please accept my apology again for your frustration. All other comments made were noted and have been reviewed for staff training purposes.

Dalby, Australia
“Outstanding meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Shared a meal with family which was truly outstanding. One of the party is vegan and the chef took great pains to prepare appropriate food which was delicious and beautifully presented.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Mornington Peninsula Restaurants”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Excellent food, excellent service, with a chat with the wine maker.
The menu was simple with multiple choices. Authentic French style.
La Petanque had an excellent choice of local and exceptional wines.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne
“One of The Best and Worthy of 1 Hat For Sure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed a relaxing Sunday lunch, and were treated to one of the best lunches not only on the peninsula but in Melbourne too. Highly recommended for its location, ambience, food and service. The food was picture perfect, and flavour combinations complex and delicious!

Visited March 2014
“Dinner at Petanque”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

we visited La Pentanque for dinner last Saturday evening. Food, service and surroundings could not be faulted. Friendly and knowlegable staff. Thanks for fitting us in at very short notice.

• Visited February 2014